Page 69 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 3263

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    watch korea's games against russia, nigeria and argentina. well, in those games, korea can't withstand the size and physicality of those teams. not only that, those three teams are as equally good shooters as koreans.
    And funny thing is those teams aren’t even known for their shooting

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Even if we have the best talent, like Kai Sotto and with a Clarkson, if we still cannot solve the problem how to guard the South Korean shooters and back picks, we will still be South Korea's bitch. Talent is not the problem. It's just that we don't defend well against there shooters and we are not showing physicality against them.

And if we don't discover tall guards especially wing defenders, South Korea will still have a field day shooting there three's against our team.
    Just play physical defense for 40 minutes against South Korea(asawahin mo)..

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Even if we have the best talent, like Kai Sotto and with a Clarkson, if we still cannot solve the problem how to guard the South Korean shooters and back picks, we will still be South Korea's bitch. Talent is not the problem. It's just that we don't defend well against there shooters and we are not showing physicality against them.

And if we don't discover tall guards especially wing defenders, South Korea will still have a field day shooting there three's against our team.
    Maybe you not scouting very well.. Korea's weakness is facing opponents having legit dominant big man.. having Kai Sotto and AJ Edu (w/ Kouame) will change their confidence to take 3's... Well known shooters are afraid seeing tall and dominant big man inside the paint (unless you are Curry or Thompson).. You see how Iran and China easy dominates Korea every single match up because they have legit tall and dominant big man inside.. having that kind of players changes the complexion of the game.. Korea will hard time getting offensive rebounds if they miss because we now have Kai Sotto and Edu inside the paint, They will hesitant to take more 3's because their mindset will not be the same.. 1 miss then get rebounds and they are gone.. They lose to us because we have no good rebounders and dominant big man to get their miss shots.. When we lose to us in Asian games last 2018 eh we lose rebounding battle to them.. more offensive rebounds gets them more opportunity and confidence to take their shots.. same as 2017 Asia Cup.. when we beat them in 2013 eh we won the rebounding battle.. Thanks to the hardworking skills of Pingris and RDO..

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    And funny thing is those teams aren’t even known for their shooting
    Because they are good rebounding team.. Koreans are hesitant to take shots because they have no opportunities to make another chance to get it..

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Because they are good rebounding team.. Koreans are hesitant to take shots because they have no opportunities to make another chance to get it..
    That and I think the koreans are overrated as shooters, yes they do have good shooters but not that good. But somehow they look like all time greats against Gilas, and its not just them ut other teams have good shooting nights against Gilas often.

That and I think the koreans are overrated as shooters, yes they do have good shooters but not that good. But somehow they look like all time greats against Gilas, and its not just them ut other teams have good shooting nights against Gilas often.
    They are still the best outside shooters in asia excluding ays and nz.
    They are not overated. They are ok rated. They are oly slightly below to european teams in terms of shooting

That's why having Sotto, Edu and Kouame (if possible) together will get us a chance to beat them regularly.. Their confidence will be lessen because of these guys.. They will not get good looks and hesitant to take more shots, We will control rebounding category and they will have no chance to take more shots.. Shooters are afraid to shoot w/o rebounders inside the paint (unless you are Curry or Thompson)..

That's why having Sotto, Edu and Kouame (if possible) together will get us a chance to beat them regularly.. Their confidence will be lessen because of these guys.. They will not get good looks and hesitant to take more shots, We will control rebounding category and they will have no chance to take more shots.. Shooters are afraid to shoot w/o rebounders inside the paint (unless you are Curry or Thompson)..
    Are you saying ratliffe is not a good rebounder? He is more physical than Edu and Kai.

But yeah I agree with you, if we control the rebound, we will make their shooters doubtful

Is Indonesian federation eh finding some indon-foreign players? maybe some of them will be eligible.. just to find it.. they have also a lot of Indonesian ofw version there in any country eh maybe they can find it.. if Vietnam has a lot of viet-am players eh why not indons?
    Christian and Johnny Juzang..

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Are you saying ratliffe is not a good rebounder? He is more physical than Edu and Kai.

But yeah I agree with you, if we control the rebound, we will make their shooters doubtful
    Even you are physical but Kai and AJ are more talented eh he can't outperform these guys... these two have talents even Ratliffe use his experience and veteran smarts.. Rui Hachimura (not yet NBA player) outperformed NBL vets likes of Guolding and Kickert, w/ having Thon Maker also in their side..

The biggest question would be will our next coach know how to utilize our obvious big man advantage. Will he already employ plays for our bigs or run a guard centric plays again? The coach will be really crucial in our success for the coming years. We are approaching our golden era. The sf position could be address by a np or kp would do. Jc as our two guard or sf with wright and lassiter would do as our other sf or guards plus kobe.

That's why Cardo is such a big boost to their team.

Quote Originally Posted by TWiTCH View Post
    The biggest question would be will our next coach know how to utilize our obvious big man advantage. Will he already employ plays for our bigs or run a guard centric plays again? The coach will be really crucial in our success for the coming years. We are approaching our golden era. The sf position could be address by a np or kp would do. Jc as our two guard or sf with wright and lassiter would do as our other sf or guards plus kobe.
    Well with the lack of explosive guards in gilas (castro,alapag, romeo). I think the coach will be force to use plays with bigmen.

The only guard in the pba I vonsider for future is bolick and cj perez.

We already tried guard oriented system. We need to change our gamestyle

Well with the lack of explosive guards in gilas (castro,alapag, romeo). I think the coach will be force to use plays with bigmen.

That's why coach tab declined the offer to coach.. he feels that his system will not fit in some players.. coach tab is a good coach, a legendary one.. but he is an equal opportunity coach.. maybe he can't able to maximize the talents of these guys and lastly to be bashed.. he don't like that.. a coaching style like toroman will suit the style for us w/ Kai is the main anchor.. he is the coach who can maximize the talent of guys like haddadi and douthit.. a big man system coach indeed..

That's why coach tab declined the offer to coach.. he feels that his system will not fit in some players.. coach tab is a good coach, a legendary one.. but he is an equal opportunity coach.. maybe he can't able to maximize the talents of these guys and lastly to be bashed.. he don't like that.. a coaching style like toroman will suit the style for us w/ Kai is the main anchor.. he is the coach who can maximize the talent of guys like haddadi and douthit.. a big man system coach indeed..
    Not familiar with nenad trunic. But him being in european atmosphere for a long time must mde him adopt to european big man system.

Anyway, we still not sure who will be our coach. But I believe he is qualified enough

or some pba players has devil’s horn that’s why..

you obviously don’t like kiefer..

Our big men are not traditional methodical bigs but rather versatile fast bigs, Tab, Dickel and Nenad are proponents of up tempo, ball movement, flow offense, which works perfectly with versatile bigs, note it isn't size that is our advantage even if we have 7 footers but its the speed and versatility of our bigs.

Here is the thing you need coaches who actually have experience coaching players of that size and skill. Unfortunately the local coaches don't have that experience and certainly not in FIBA competition
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    you obviously don’t like kiefer..
    No. He is a great PBA player. But he is not fit in gilas.

This is only for me. But He is too slow, not athletic, and not a sharpshooter, and he is not a good defender. Look at pba he will score but he also allows his matchup to score as many or more points than him. His shooting and form is really bad, it can be easily block, he doesnt have a quick release 3. He is not as athletic as cj. And I really think he is slow. Ross, Tenorio, newsome, castro, bolick, perez, are all guards fster than him. I can only think a few which he is faster. He is not also a good playmaker like tenorio. Dont be blinded by his assists, itss like wrestbrook stat padding. And lastly he is small. He will be a defensive liability.

Again, He is a great PBA player. But he doesnt fit. There are players like that. Arwind is a top 40 pba player all time but he is not fit with gilas.

Saying all of these, I am not hating on kiefer and arwind. I am just stating MY OWN opinion about their gilas stints

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Our big men are not traditional methodical bigs but rather versatile fast bigs, Tab, Dickel and Nenad are proponents of up tempo, ball movement, flow offense, which works perfectly with versatile bigs, note it isn't size that is our advantage even if we have 7 footers but its the speed and versatility of our bigs.
    But who do you think will be the shooters to surround them? Our best shooters retired from gilas. Castro, alapag,rdo,chan,fonacier maybe romeo are all retired.

We need shooters to surround them. And we also need playmakers to setup them. The composition of gilas will be critical.

Page 69 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast