Page 68 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2822

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Koreans announced already their 24 man pool for FIBA Asia cup qualifiers next month vs Thais and Indons; Ricardo Ratliffe will lead this squad that they pick only 30 years old below...
    (Just translate it to English)

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/article.php?aid=61415734064#rs
    Korea would be the bifmg test for us this year. Ratliffe makes them so much better compared to HA.
    Are Korean sharpest shooters still in the squad? Sorry, not familiar with their names. The only player I remeber ia TJ moon who veat gilas 1 back then

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/justi...ef=home_feed_2

Too bad that Baltazar didn't make it to the 16-man Gilas pool in the 1st window of the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/justi...ef=home_feed_2

Too bad that Baltazar didn't make it to the 16-man Gilas pool in the 1st window of the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers.
    Its actually a 24 man pool. I'm sure its a mistake on the fiba website

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    I thought SBP already trimmed the pool from 24-man to 16-man pool
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I thought SBP already trimmed the pool from 24-man to 16-man pool
    I dont think so

There is no advantage at all to officially inform FIBA to trim down the pool to 16, (even if the coach has already decided to)., the coach can simply inform the 8 players cut not to show up without informing FIBA, the disadvantage however is if for some reason one of the 16 becomes unavailable (injury) one cannot replace him from a player not officially submitted.
    So it makes no sense at all to just name 16
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

These are 2 bonus wins for gilas. Indos and Thais will not beat us.

Maybe we can scout korea.

Afte this window is the real start if the program

Well maybe 24 players were invited but the 8 might have refused to commit or cut already. Most likely SBP would have sent 16man pool only, how would FIBA who are the 16 from the 24 of not from SBP. Remember you cant add additional players to the pool if not on the initial probationary lineup submitted...

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    These are 2 bonus wins for gilas. Indos and Thais will not beat us.

Maybe we can scout korea.

Afte this window is the real start if the program
    the feb window is the start , cohesion between the old and new guys will be a big factor for the next pool this nov.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    the feb window is the start , cohesion between the old and new guys will be a big factor for the next pool this nov.
    Old guys will not be in future, so cohesion is not that prioritized. This qualifier looks like a tryout who deserves a spot on permanent gilas

Old guys will not be in future, so cohesion is not that prioritized. This qualifier looks like a tryout who deserves a spot on permanent gilas
    you need to read before you click

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Well maybe 24 players were invited but the 8 might have refused to commit or cut already. Most likely SBP would have sent 16man pool only, how would FIBA who are the 16 from the 24 of not from SBP. Remember you cant add additional players to the pool if not on the initial probationary lineup submitted...
    Just like Analyzed said...it makes 0 sense to trim it down

If you look at the pool for the teams in Fiba’s website its only around 15-16 players per country. Its probably an issue with their website since teams like Thailand, Korea and Australia habe given 24 man pool

I hope on the second leg against South Korea. Clarkson will be available, and we can have Kai as one of our bigs along with Fajardo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I hope on the second leg against South Korea. Clarkson will be available, and we can have Kai as one of our bigs along with Fajardo.
    It's against the NBA agreement with FIbA to release players outside of the international window season ( July to Sept)
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Korea would be the bifmg test for us this year. Ratliffe makes them so much better compared to HA.
    Are Korean sharpest shooters still in the squad? Sorry, not familiar with their names. The only player I remeber ia TJ moon who veat gilas 1 back then
    Even if we have the best talent, like Kai Sotto and with a Clarkson, if we still cannot solve the problem how to guard the South Korean shooters and back picks, we will still be South Korea's bitch. Talent is not the problem. It's just that we don't defend well against there shooters and we are not showing physicality against them.

And if we don't discover tall guards especially wing defenders, South Korea will still have a field day shooting there three's against our team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Even if we have the best talent, like Kai Sotto and with a Clarkson, if we still cannot solve the problem how to guard the South Korean shooters and back picks, we will still be South Korea's bitch. Talent is not the problem. It's just that we don't defend well against there shooters and we are not showing physicality against them.

And if we don't discover tall guards especially wing defenders, South Korea will still have a field day shooting there three's against our team.
    watch korea's games against russia, nigeria and argentina. well, in those games, korea can't withstand the size and physicality of those teams. not only that, those three teams are as equally good shooters as koreans.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

It is the new coach job. As you said, we already have the talent. System is now the problem. How can we defend korea

I rather have Ratliffe get his points inside than their shooters get clicking.

I still remeber korea beating us with I think 17/21 3ptfg

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    watch korea's games against russia, nigeria and argentina. well, in those games, korea can't withstand the size and physicality of those teams. not only that, those three teams are as equally good shooters as koreans.
    Korea doesnt jave the skills we have. Their adavantage is their discipline, ball movement, and shooting.

Because fiba calls are thin, our pysicality advantage will be gone.

We need to adopt to their motion. But I trust the new coach that will be assign, yo address this problem.

Page 68 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast