Page 62 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2506

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    i travelled to melbourne just to watch gilas.. ang masaya i watch the game with friends.. and the margaret court arena is full.. 90% pinoys lol.. and it feels weird during the time out to ask "this is our house" when only 10% oz are watching" and for sure those 2 guys might felt weird..

japan game vs oz.. ohh those japs cheering whole game long..
    that jap vs oz game was awesome.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    That's a nice looking arena
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    that jap vs oz game was awesome.
    yeah that first game here in adelaide.. was awesome.. hope in november adelaide will host a boomers game..

planning to watch the game in february with my girlfriend. my biggest concern with ultra is its access to public transpo especially since we are coming from caloocan.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    people already know that Gilas can beat Thailand and Indons... but Korea vs Gilas game will be jampack.. I'm sure about it.. that home game should be on MOA or maybe at Philippine Arena.. but the home game vs Korea will be next year so still 1 year to wait.. and if Japan w/ Hachimura vs Gilas game eh it will be on Philippine Arena itself.. fans wants to see how Gilas will fare vs Hachimura and Japan.. Much better also if having a China vs Gilas games.. It should be a war between them..
    That's why I prefer the previous format. One tournament to determine who is the strongest. Why Fiba needs to copy Fifa.

It has a long inbetween among games. A year apart? A lot of things can happen. Ex. Japan became strong with hachimura.
    And what I dont want about this format, is you can change rosters. How would scouts scout that if they dont know which player will play.

But what happened is happened already, we need to maximize this format. For getting a perfect fit np. And to transition from veterans to young ones

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    That's why I prefer the previous format. One tournament to determine who is the strongest. Why Fiba needs to copy Fifa.

It has a long inbetween among games. A year apart? A lot of things can happen. Ex. Japan became strong with hachimura.
    And what I dont want about this format, is you can change rosters. How would scouts scout that if they dont know which player will play.

But what happened is happened already, we need to maximize this format. For getting a perfect fit np. And to transition from veterans to young ones
    Having multiple games across multiple windows better shows the true strength of a country's basketball program. If a country can send a competitive team all year long despite the different time frames, it is a better indication that they have a deep pool of talented players and a robust domestic league which can adjust to the vagaries of the qualification games, as compared to a one-off tournament where luck is as important as talent. Also more games means more money for FIBA.
    Last edited by mangangalakal; 01-16-2020 at 05:54 AM.
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    planning to watch the game in february with my girlfriend. my biggest concern with ultra is its access to public transpo especially since we are coming from caloocan.
    ULTRA is very accessible. If you're fit you can walk to ULTRA from MRT Shaw. Otherwise, take the Pasig-Quiapo jeeps and UVs
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    I agree

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Having multiple games across multiple windows better shows the true strength of a country's basketball program. If a country can send a competitive team all year long despite the different time frames, it is a better indication that they have a deep pool of talented players and a robust domestic league which can adjust to the vagaries of the qualification games, as compared to a one-off tournament where luck is as important as talent. Also more games means more money for FIBA.
    Hmmm, yeah. But it stops the momentum e. Anyway, there would be a fiba world cup here in the phil in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    very much agree with you. i tried to argue it with our foreign posters here because they got mad about non-qualification of slovenia, latvia and croatia from the world cup. they don't understand it because they are always thinking of the prospect of seeing the likes of porzingis and doncic in the world cup.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

very much agree with you. i tried to argue it with our foreign posters here because they got mad about non-qualification of slovenia, latvia and croatia from the world cup. they don't understand it because they are always thinking of the prospect of seeing the likes of porzingis and doncic in the world cup.
    In short they havent have a deep pool. They heavily rely on their nba prospects

its already done, there was a business convention event 2 weeks ago.

1hr from cebu city by van.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post

Potential venue for U16
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

no need to go far when hoops dome can host it and its much nearer and bigger city. its near the airport and there are many hotels nearby.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Potential venue for U16
    dont know about accomodation there might be some minor logistic problems but venue is good and brand new and the place is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    no need to go far when hoops dome can host it and its much nearer and bigger city. its near the airport and there are many hotels nearby.
    agree and so near the beaches lol.

dont know about accomodation there might be some minor logistic problems but venue is good and brand new and the place is nice.
    Why was this arena built in such a far away location?

Why was this arena built in such a far away location?

really?

But let's think about it.. basketball in general needs to be introduced to other countries.. if not for this new format eh we will not see other countries that have a basketball team but can't join because of other matters.. for example Sri Lanka and Guam.. they will not ever qualify in this event if it is old format.. hence!! We will not able to see that guam is a strong team.. we need basketball to be global.. if FIBA will not change eh they will not hold the status being no.2 sports in the world.. forget about football, they are already undisputed no.1 sport in the world.. do you believe that cricket is 2nd most viewership sport in the world.. but because they have India, the 2nd largest population in the world.. but cricket only played by minority only.. it is not popular in most parts of the world.. old format is liking big fish in a small pond.. that's why they introduced the new format so that basketball we gain more popularity especially other countries that don't hear about that sport..

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Hmmm, yeah. But it stops the momentum e. Anyway, there would be a fiba world cup here in the phil in 2023.
    FIBA needs to expand the popularity of basketball.. you need to understand that.. the sport needs more introduction from other countries.. here at Saudi do you know that bangali, Indians and Pakistani think that basketball is a garbage game to them, a ladies game to them.. sometimes I'm angry about them but I understand because they don't know the sport.. if FIBA will not introduced this in this country then the vision and mission of FIBA is still failed.. but Saudi people starting now liking basketball and become 2nd most popular here now.. of course football still 1st here but basketball is now gaining spotlight little by little..

Page 62 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast