Page 47 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by tootch View Post
    prastawa is their best shooter. but the perimeter defense of the opposite team is terrible and their bigs are soft. lester prosper dominated paint. Taylor Statham looks bulky.
    Has Prosper been officially naturalized yet?

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Newsome has been pretty good in the finals so far. He is arguably Meralcos best local performer in the finals so far. He is driving at will. Black seems to be opening up the offense and Newsome and others are getting more opportunities.
    newsome is finally getting to his peak. Is a championship a payoff for this... if not, I see a tug of war for parks services..I trust newsome as a able slasher eversince ateneo days.. a shooter?..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    aries dimaunahan
    What? That's even worse than coach yeng. An interim pba coach must be temporary. We need a european coach and european style of play.

Hate to admit it but coach chot is the most successful coach in gilas program so far. He was able to stop the korean curse. He manage to provide a win over senegal. And manage to be competitive in each game.

Coach Tab is ok. But he have failures too. He lost to a mediocre China Team in fiba finals. He did not win a single game in Fiba Oqt.

Coach Rajko is also ok. I believe if he continues the program, we will be better. And in fact, he is a european coach.

Worst is coach Yeng. He cannot win even jordan clarkson, pringle,cstand is on his side. That is 3 naturalized player. And we all know the disaster happened in fiba world cup. And before that, we almost not qualified, and relied to korea. We are even beaten by a weak kazakhztan team.

If we will choose a permanent coach, he must be better than coach chot and coach tab. And the only one I know that fits the criteria
    Is the former coach of serbia. But looks like sbp and phil. Coaches has a grudge on him.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    well see come february.. again indonesia is battling korea and gilas but at their pace of playing a gazillion of games before the first window.. we can never tell .
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

aries dimaunahan
    What? That's even worse than coach yeng. An interim pba coach must be temporary. We need a european coach and european style of play.

Hate to admit it but coach chot is the most successful coach in gilas program so far. He was able to stop the korean curse. He manage to provide a win over senegal. And manage to be competitive in each game.

Coach Tab is ok. But he have failures too. He lost to a mediocre China Team in fiba finals. He did not win a single game in Fiba Oqt.

Coach Rajko is also ok. I believe if he continues the program, we will be better. And in fact, he is a european coach.

Worst is coach Yeng. He cannot win even jordan clarkson, pringle,cstand is on his side. That is 3 naturalized player. And we all know the disaster happened in fiba world cup. And before that, we almost not qualified, and relied to korea. We are even beaten by a weak kazakhztan team.

If we will choose a permanent coach, he must be better than coach chot and coach tab. And the only one I know that fits the criteria
    Is the former coach of serbia. But looks like sbp and phil. Coaches has a grudge on him.

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post

Wow! A coach that has a decent amount of preparation and support from PBA and SBP is somehow successful. Shocking

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    The interim coach actually was involved in selecting this 24 man pool
    I'm liking this already

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    Not yet still working on his papers.
    DO or DO NOT there is no TRY... yoda

I'd go for Jimmy Alapag. He has ties to both SMC and MVP camps, is young enough to last as long term coach, and is open enough to listen to any foriegn consultants we hire (no false Pinoy Fried).

aries dimaunahan
    really? my sources tell me its lawrence chiongson?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    really? my sources tell me its lawrence chiongson?
    Its actually Bo Perasol from what I've heard. That's why he left UP.

https://sports.inquirer.net/381097/i...-ateneo-return

This proves me right that ateneo poach dave. He is recruited by no ther than coach tab baldwin. Dave admitted that he will transfer because by this, he will be a part of the national team.

Coach tab used his position as gilas director to get dwight ramos, and now dave.

In the bright side, atleast we can see dave in gilas.

chill!! its just a joke lol.

This proves me right that ateneo poach dave. He is recruited by no ther than coach tab baldwin. Dave admitted that he will transfer because by this, he will be a part of the national team.

Coach tab used his position as gilas director to get dwight ramos, and now dave.

Dave wanted to develop under Tab. No mention of Tab actually recruiting Dave. Unless you were referring to the sentence about TWO YEARS ago?

well daddy ildefonso got fired by NU bulldogs so dave transferred where he left his heart..

Dave has always been an Atenean at heart. He just followed his father to NU. Now that his father has been let go by NU, Dave is free to come back to where he spent his high school days. No poaching there, just a homecoming.
    Keep running, big boy.

lol Dave is an AHS product. If anyone's guilty of "poaching" here, it's NU.
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold88 View Post
    Dave wanted to develop under Tab. No mention of Tab actually recruiting Dave. Unless you were referring to the sentence about TWO YEARS ago?
    "sources also confirmed that the younger Ildefonso also met with Baldwin late last month." Article clearly said that dave and tab talk last december.

I expected more pride from dave. Remember their issue a year ago. Tab wants dave to realize that he is wrong to choose Nu over ateneo.
    Dave responded that he did not make a wrong decision, and he will get the minutes he need in Nu.

And now Dave eat his words? And will go back to ateneo just for a chance to win a championship.

If he wants to have a chance in a title, he can transfer to UST or La Salle or maybe UP. Just prove that you did not need ateneo to win a championship.

Abando-Ildefonso-Chabby Yo wil be a good trio. Enough to rival ateneo. We dont know if coach tab will get revenge on him, and give him limited minutes as a backup for dwight.

Anyways, it's already decided. Ateneo will win another 3 peat championship. It's a blessing for other uaap teams that kai goes to america. If Kai is in
    Ateneo,ut will be a dynasty for ateneo.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    chill!! its just a joke lol.
    I know. Just emphasizing the neded criteria for the new coach.

well daddy ildefonso got fired by NU bulldogs so dave transferred where he left his heart..
    In more ways than one... his GF is Atenean.

Page 47 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast