Page 24 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    No more 4th window.. a top 2 in the group directly qualifies for FIBA Asia... except we go down to 3rd place... all 3rd placers in the group will play for final qualifying evebt!!!
    Medyo malabo yan. Unless Indonesia or Thailand somehow manage to beat SoKor.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    Medyo malabo yan. Unless Indonesia or Thailand somehow manage to beat SoKor.
    mas malabo yan. korea can beat gilas consistently. hehe
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

ot: sbl of taiwan started their 2019-20 season with only 5 teams. good news for chinese-taipei basketball team.

i think mighty sports should explore the idea of joining in this league. get the fresh out of college players from uaap, ncaa, naascu and cesafi. this will serve as their preparation for the pba and maybe in possible future gilas stint. between sbl and mpbl, i will surely pick sbl as my preparation.
    Last edited by ja.he; 12-29-2019 at 03:30 AM.

If he is available for mighty sports eh why not in this all important FIBA qualifiers right? compare to the Dubai Cup eh in FIBA tournaments he can receive even only allowance because unlike pocket tournaments eh US NCAA allows allowance or giving money if Nat'l team for FIBA games stands!!!
    Perhaps it just happens that Kai's schedule of activities (training per se & games) in the US allows him to train & play for Mighty Sports in the Dubai tournament, while it is still to be determined whether or not he would be available for the 1st window of the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers in February.

Its about availability.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

No more 4th window.. a top 2 in the group directly qualifies for FIBA Asia... except we go down to 3rd place... all 3rd placers in the group will play for final qualifying evebt!!!
    That would be very embarrassing & unacceptable to the Pinoy fans who understand their basketball. We moved heaven & earth just to make sure we win that fool's gold medal in the recent SEA Games yet we can't sweep Thailand & Indonesia in the FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers. That would be a huge bullshit if we end up 3rd in our group.

Isauli nalang natin yung SEA Games basketball gold medal pagnagka ganun.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    ot: sbl of taiwan started their 2019-20 season with only 5 teams. good news for chinese-taipei basketball team.

i think mighty sports should explore the idea of joining in this league. get the fresh out of college players from uaap, ncaa, naascu and cesafi. this will serve as their preparation for the pba and maybe in possible future gilas stint. between sbl and mpbl, i will surely pick sbl as my preparation.
    Of course that's a given. The fact that there are only 5 teams in the SBL could only mean that only the good quality players in Taiwan would be playing in this league. Then you add the fact that SBL teams play with import - something that MPBL teams don't have.

How many teams play in the MPBL? 30? Or close to that. 5 vs. 30 (or close to that)

If you're making a broth, pag subrang dami ang sabaw, mababawasan ang lasa at quality ng broth.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Of course that's a given. The fact that there are only 5 teams in the SBL could only mean that only the good quality players in Taiwan would be playing in this league. Then you add the fact that SBL teams play with import - something that MPBL teams don't have.

How many teams play in the MPBL? 30? Or close to that. 5 vs. 30 (or close to that)

If you're making a broth, pag subrang dami ang sabaw, mababawasan ang lasa at quality ng broth.
    add to that, majority of their national team mainstays are from this league. if mighty can send teams in dubai and jones cup, i don't see any reason why they can't join as a ballclub in a basketball league. they can even enter the taiwanese market.

Perhaps it just happens that Kai's schedule of activities (training per se & games) in the US allows him to train & play for Mighty Sports in the Dubai tournament, while it is still to be determined whether or not he would be available for the 1st window of the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers in February.

Its about availability.
    I think no TSF schedule on February.. and Dubai Cup and Qualifiers are only 2 weeks separate.. I think Kai will available for FIBA Qualifiers.. I'm worried about PBA more.. I think they will tell that only PBA players will participate in Qualifiers.. That's i'm more worry than his US schedule...

add to that, majority of their national team mainstays are from this league. if mighty can send teams in dubai and jones cup, i don't see any reason why they can't join as a ballclub in a basketball league. they can even enter the taiwanese market.
    Question is: Is SBL open to a "foreign" franchise joining their league?

I think no TSF schedule on February.. and Dubai Cup and Qualifiers are only 2 weeks separate.. I think Kai will available for FIBA Qualifiers.. I'm worried about PBA more.. I think they will tell that only PBA players will participate in Qualifiers.. That's i'm more worry than his US schedule...
    Then that's great. That would be kai's official game as National team player in the senior level if it materialises.

Question is: Is SBL open to a "foreign" franchise joining their league?
    i think they will since among our east asian neighbors, taiwan is the most similar country with us in terms of tolerance with anything foreign.

While there are players in their mid-30's playing in the SBL, most of those players are former National players, meaning they were elite players during their prime.

In the MPBL on the other hand, there are a lot of mid-30's & even late-30's players who are obviously past their prime. The thing is, these players were just marginal PBA players during their prime, some were benchwarmers & some did not even make it to the PBA at all.

Sorry for the OT

Then that's great. That would be kai's official game as National team player in the senior level if it materialises.
    TSF activities in january and february

vs the patrick school 1/10
    vs lakewood prep 1/11

vs charlotte academy 1/15
    tsf king invitational 1/18-1/20

february
    2/1 - 2/2 - military prep classic
    2/21-2/23 - img beach blast

Yeah. Tsf schedules are mostly in early january and march. But I think Tsf will join a tournament in february, they always play every month.

Anyway, I think Kai already ask permision (nagpaalam) to TSF in partivipating in dubai cup and fiba. Kai will not go home here and just play for dubai, I think Fiba is his main target and his family. They Know that there is a lot of scouts in Fiba. Dubai stint is basically a tuneup.

Lastly, TSF can play and win without Kai, they prove that in Spain.

i think they will since among our east asian neighbors, taiwan is the most similar country with us in terms of tolerance with anything foreign.
    And with only few teams in the SBL, the duration of the league's season would even be shorter which would be good for a foreign "guest" team. Say a 4 to 5-month season in the SBL would be good for a Mighty Sports team composed of fresh graduates from collegiate leagues (as you've suggested), plus a couple of Fil-ams & imports.

And with only few teams in the SBL, the duration of the league's season would even be shorter which would be good for a foreign "guest" team. Say a 4 to 5-month season in the SBL would be good for a Mighty Sports team composed of fresh graduates from collegiate leagues (as you've suggested), plus a couple of Fil-ams & imports.
    the league's regular season started december 15 and will end by april 12 next year. the semis and finals are expected to finish by around late april or early may.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Short team....

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Short team....
    I don't mind the choices too much if they can manage to find a couple of tall wings. Matt Nieto-Suerte-Bulanadi-Tungcab-Ravena could potentially be a really solid guard rotation with decent heights. Better than a Gilas team with 4-5 5'10"-6'0" guards anyway haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Finally, getting the recognition that he deserves.

Tungcab is a type of player that if he had a team aside from UP, he would make as much impact as any top scorers in the UAAP due to his elite speed, defense, and slashing prowess.

Page 24 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast