Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tootch View Post
    am i the only one thinking that coach jong uichico is capable to coach the gilas in 2023. Little by little he can learn the system of coach tab. We all know if coach tab, smc empire will not lend their players.
    you’re not the only one.. better candidate or THE best candidate..
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by tootch View Post
      am i the only one thinking that coach jong uichico is capable to coach the gilas in 2023. Little by little he can learn the system of coach tab. We all know if coach tab, smc empire will not lend their players.
      Originally posted by live_evil View Post
      best local coach for Gilas is Jong Uichico with "assistant" Tab Baldwin, Dickel, and Robinson. I am thinking a new coach might not necessarily jive with Tab's system and might have an ego so Tab's system might be scrapped.

The best coach for Gilas is actually Tab but with the politics, it should be Uichico. I can't help admiring how the cadets' offense was moving fluidly and note that they only had two weeks to prepare. I can only fantasize and be giddy seeing this team retained and train continuously with each other till 2023. A return to the Olympics will not be far fetched especially with Kai, Edu, and Clarkson as reinforcement.
      Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
      you’re not the only one.. better candidate or THE best candidate..
      Not only that, even before he became an assistant to Tab, he was a disciple of Ron Jacobs. The coaching pedigree is already there. A good X's and O's coach.

Comment

• What!!!!

Korea is not forfeited in their games.

The consequence is just only they will play 4 games in final Window?

So Korea will play Philippines Twice? Then one thailand and one indonesia? (Am I right?, i am confused, need to check)

Philippines will play Korea Twice, and One Indonesia.

Bottom line is WHY IS KOREA NOT FORFEITED. THAT IS UNFAIR AS IT GETS.

This came from fb group. I cannot see the post in Instagram.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
          What!!!!

Korea is not forfeited in their games.

The consequence is just only they will play 4 games in final Window?

So Korea will play Philippines Twice? Then one thailand and one indonesia? (Am I right?, i am confused, need to check)

Philippines will play Korea Twice, and One Indonesia.

Bottom line is WHY IS KOREA NOT FORFEITED. THAT IS UNFAIR AS IT GETS.

This came from fb group. I cannot see the post in Instagram.
          Money talks, BS walks. It's not only SBP that is political.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
            Well, it is what it is. The bright side, we still get to play them, that's something more beneficial for the young players and the program than getting the W via forfeiture.

Pero, sana, the Koreans should be ordered to pay damages to the teams they were supposed to play. That should make more sense than fiba collecting from korea
            They got away practically scott free. That's barely a slap on the hand. All that while Indonesia, Thailand and Gilas risked their players to Covid exposure. This makes me angry.

Welp more motivation for all the SEA teams to beat them.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
              Nothing whatsoever except for having to play 4 games in 5 days?
              They're gonna need a large pool for that, and I feel that they have enough players to form that pool. The challenge is how to get different lineups to play together, because they'll need to change their lineups a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                They're gonna need a large pool for that, and I feel that they have enough players to form that pool. The challenge is how to get different lineups to play together, because they'll need to change their lineups a lot.
                As adsitional punishment. They should not have allowed to change lineup.

And have a constant final 12. Hehehe.

I did not know takot rin fiba sa korea

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                  As adsitional punishment. They should not have allowed to change lineup.

And have a constant final 12. Hehehe.

I did not know takot rin fiba sa korea
                  Well, if it's a bubble format, they may need to bring a smaller pool.

Comment

• What's the rationale behind this? The penalty is too light. Korea will play 4 games but Gilas will play 3 (2 vs korea, 1vs Indo). Isn't it unfair? We'll also be dead tired playing 3 games in a span of 4 days. That will also be the case for Indo.

Comment

• I think the basketball federations of PH, THA and INA should speak up regarding this. This is a blatant disrespect to the countries who risked everything just to join the bubble.

I understand the position of Korea, but FIBA should impose more penalties regarding this. A deduction from the points accumulated by Korea will suffice. -20 perhaps, so that both THA and INA can benefit as well?

It's not confirmed, though. We should still wait from the official FIBA statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                        If it is just me for February if Kouame is available, I would only get Parks from the PBA, to keep the chemistry.

This team suprisingly had a lot of assist and impressive enough plays they could execute.
                        You want continuity with as little disruption as possible..

There is enough talent if the team is reinforced with Kouame and Parks
                        100% agree here sir. I was just about to say this. Kouame for Carino and Parks for Tungcab.

The team can still bring Keifer, Thirdy, Troy, Pogoy, Perez, CStand and Japeth, just in case. But in all honesty, all this players except for Perez have shown unfavorable performances against the Koreans - - - - especially Pogoy and Troy. Haaay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jomar09 View Post
                          100% agree here sir. I was just about to say this. Kouame for Carino and Parks for Tungcab.

The team can still bring Keifer, Thirdy, Troy, Pogoy, Perez, CStand and Japeth, just in case. But in all honesty, all this players except for Perez have shown unfavorable performances against the Koreans - - - - especially Pogoy and Troy. Haaay.
                          Well Kiefer and Perez has not played Korea in Seniors level...

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                            Well, that's why I said except for Perez. For Keifer, I think he played during the 2017 Jones Cup against the senior Korean NT. He had 8pts, 5 assists, 1TO, 4PF, 30%FG, 0%3PFG in 26mins as a starting PG. Not bad, but not a desirable performance, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                              I think Kiefer did bro same as Parks on the Jones cup 2017. Team A yun of SoKors same team na nagmassacre kina Castro on the Fiba asia cup after.

Comment

• So 4 games in five days for SK. It will probably go like this:

Day 1 - vs Philippines
                                Day 2 - vs Indonesia
                                Day 3 - rest
                                Day 4 - vs Philippines
                                Day 5 - vs Thailand

Philippines will have a hard time if schedule will be:
                                Day 1 - vs SK
                                Day 2 - rest
                                Day 3 - vs Indonesia
                                Day 4 -vs SK

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information