Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
    If we go 0-2 this round of qualifiers than we can easily transition to a pro team. Our pro talent are head and shoulders above whatever Indonesia and Thailand can produce anyway. Why force the issue with naturalization for someone we wont use long term like Brownlee? A lot can happen but, right now, in 2023 I want Clarkson.
    Ako, I am confident that our amateurs can beat Thais and Indos not by big margin but we can take it.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
      Any thoughts about maybe getting Lebron Lopez instead of slaughter? I don’t really see slaughter getting many minutes and may as well go for a young player for experience, he’s also affiliated with Ateneo anyways
      Who will play the Center position then for Gilas , especially that the availability of PBA players are questionable...With his around 8 months training in US, this will be a better Slaughter version than that in 2019 window games..

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
        Who will play the Center position then for Gilas , especially that the availability of PBA players are questionable...With his around 8 months training in US, this will be a better Slaughter version than that in 2019 window games..
        Baltazar and Go. Lets see who is available. WCS even prospects currently in the US like Slaughter or Malonzo cant join.

Comment

• Well worst case scenario if there will be no PBA players available, Slaughter and call up of Blatche as stop gap measures would be the logical thing to do...With Blatche we will have someone to defend on Ratliffe and Prosper...BLatche and Slaughter lineup at Center plus Go, depending on availability Baltazar and Tamayo would suffice...If di pwede ang dalawa or won't be release by college teams, we can call up Carino or Ambohot
          ..Swing Forward will be handled by Ramos, Paras and Oftana...We Thirdy, Bulanadi, Suerte, Ildefonso and Tuffin at SG...Problem is the PG, we don't have veteran PG , this will be the 2nd international tourney of Matt and JGDL in Seniors competition...I would have inclined to have Mikey William's or even Clarkson for the NP spot but then the need for a big Center issue pressing than that at the PG..Ramos and Thirdy can play some spot minutes at PG...

Comment

Baltazar and Go. Lets see who is available. WCS even prospects currently in the US like Slaughter or Malonzo cant join.
            With Ratliffe and Prosper as NP for SK and Indons good luck to that, that's a sure 0-2 for us...

Comment

• My WCS:

(Gilas Prospect Pool + FIBA 3x3 + JGDL Bros + UST Exiles + Evan Nelle/Dave Ildefonso) -Thirdy (Japan) -Munzon (USA)

Go/Rike
              Santillan/Pasaol/Javi
              Abando/Mike Nieto/Cansino
              Ildefonso/Bullanadi
              1GDL/Matt Nieto/Evan Nelle

This doesnt even include Suerte and Nonoy. Assuming both teams arent practicing due to the pandemic, this should be enough to beat Indonesia/Thailand.

Comment

My WCS:

(Gilas Prospect Pool + FIBA 3x3 + JGDL Bros + UST Exiles + Evan Nelle/Dave Ildefonso) -Thirdy (Japan) -Munzon (USA)

Go/Rike
                Santillan/Pasaol/Javi
                Ildefonso/Bullanadi

This doesnt even include Suerte and Nonoy. Assuming both teams arent practicing due to the pandemic, this should be enough to beat Indonesia/Thailand.
                3x3 players won't be available also as Chooks to Go Bubble Tourney will start in October and will run for 1 month.. Pagkatapos ng CTG 3x3 not enough time to practice for the players...Nelle Abando and Balatzar will not be released, just connect the dots

Comment

My WCS:

Go/Rike
                  Santillan/Pasaol/Javi
                  Ildefonso/Bullanadi

I am confident we can still beat indonesia.Aside from prosper, other local players of them are below average players na. They may not even be a pba level or uaap level.

The problem is Korea and Ratliffe. It would be very hard to beat them with young team.

But lets see if coach tab can use his magic once again

Comment

3x3 players won't be available also as Chooks to Go Bubble Tourney will start in October and will run for 1 month.. Pagkatapos ng CTG 3x3 not enough time to practice for the players...Nelle Abando and Balatzar will not be released, just connect the dots
                    Why wouldnt Nelle or Abando be released, its not like theyll play next season

Comment

This is a problem since there are really few options for the power forward position.I hope there will be no injuries or covid positives for all the possible candidates.I think we could live with Go and Tamayo, hoping that UP will be supportive. Another option will be William Navarro or Javi Gomez-De Liaño but they are very undersized power forwards at 6'5.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                        This is a problem since there are really few options for the power forward position.I hope there will be no injuries or covid positives for all the possible candidates.I think we could live with Go and Tamayo, hoping that UP will be supportive. Another option will be William Navarro or Javi Gomez-De Liaño but they are very undersized power forwards at 6'5.

Javi isn’t even 6’ 5”. That’s really a thing of concern. It doesn’t help Quiambao landed on La Salle.
                        Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                          Javi isn’t even 6’ 5”. That’s really a thing of concern. It doesn’t help Quiambao landed on La Salle.
                          We really need to put Kobe, WillNav, and Carl at the 4.
                          Attack
                          defend
                          Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                            Kobe needs to play both forward positions, the player that the SBP needs to secure is Oftana. Oftana may become the full time small forward while Ramos may play both guard and forward positions. Another problem I see is Andray Blatche. Will he be in shape to play? Mighty Sports version of Blatche will not make the cut, If he is out, then maybe we should go for Malonzo for the naturalized spot instead, but with that our Center position will depend heavily with Slaughter (again if available).I'm also looking at the possibility of adding Geo Chiu, but it is of course not an upgrade. Best scenario is having a 255 lbs. Andray Blatche, Go can be complimented with Oftana, those three can easily be the team's top rebounders. Greg would be Blatche's reliever but can get most of his playing time against Thailand and Indonesia (kahit mag 25-30 mins sya dyan). We would need most of Blatche's minutes against Korea's Ra Guna. If Blatche is in top shape (in competitive form) and healthy (no injuries), I don't think Ratliffe will out play him.

Last edited by Alex07; 09-20-2020, 09:45 AM.
                            "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• remember in the november bubble, we’ll face SoKors and thailand plus the postponed game against Thailand. so 2 games between thailand and a game against SoKor..
                              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• On lasale not lending, here is the thing if the IATF provides exemption for national team preperation as it says it will aside from allowing pros, but still does not allow training for college, then lasale has no reason to not allow training or their players not to practice with Gilas, in fact it will be advantage cause they at least will be able to train than not at all
                                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                                https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information