Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Relax. It is 4-5 Pba players.

If that 5 pba players is not available. Fine. There are 20 players remaining in the pool.

No need to wait for them if they do not make themselves available
    4-5 players from MVP teams(Kiefer, Pogoy, Parks Jr., Rosario, Belo?), so probably CJ Perez will not be included anymore since he is now with SMB..

Comment

• how about not playing in the PBA conference but in a more relevant suitable preparation and competition schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
        I have that idea, so guys like Kiefer, Pogoy can play for Gilas in June.. PBA should give TNT & NLEX early schedule.. maybe finish their elims schedule before last week of May then other teams can fill the schedule in June, So guys like Kiefer can practice atleast 2-3 weeks for Gilas.. TNT and NLEX will have no schedule in June, So that they will not in unfair disadvantage.. Then start the playoffs in July (After OQT).. Kaso nakakaawa naman tulad nila Kiefer, Pogoy that they have full basketball schedule on that occasion.. burn out na naman sila pagbalik sa PBA.. then fans, especially trollers tell TNT choke, NLEX choke.. sila nag sacrifice pero sa huli SMC teams sa finals at bida palage..
        Kiefer will be at TNT before the new PBA season begin. So the 1,2 and 3 position of TNT will be loaned to Gilas(Kiefer, RR and Rayray)..

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
          how about not playing in the PBA conference but in a more relevant suitable preparation and competition schedule.
          Versus who though? International competition comes with many risk obviously, COVID wise.
          Last edited by Sikatrix; 03-03-2021, 02:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
            Versus who though? International competition comes with many risk obviously, COVID wise.
            Could actually be less risk depending on where you play and who you play.

Anyway... there are options being studied at the moment.. let's see...

Comment

Its correct that there is better competition out there than PBA teams and SBP should study the possibility but the PBA does provides a more reliable and probably safer option.

Comment

• ^
                I would argue not , there are stats behind that...

Do note most of the teams (UAAP and PBA) who have fil -foreigners have recommended they continiue training outside of the country in their home adopted country for safety. also note club teams around the world have targetted certain locations where to hold camp and play competition where it is safest.. (And it's not in Manila)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                  Its correct that there is better competition out there than PBA teams and SBP should study the possibility but the PBA does provides a more reliable and probably safer option.
                  Also for me, I prefer for Gilas to play in PBA Philippine Cup than train and play exhibition games in New Zealand..

Comment

• The decision should be made by purely team/program management and coaches based on basketball reasons if preperation is the focus, they know best what's best for the team, especially if they are guided by knowledgable health and logistic experts, (not amateurs or elected officials)

Not all games overseas are exhibition and not all are played in just 1 country (note rhe travel bubble safe zones and where they are)

Comment

Like a possible stint in Australia or New Zealand this summer?

I see SBP looking for other options where Gilas can have a training camp overseas & that's good. That is perhaps the reason why SBP has yet to confirm with the PBA about Gilas' possible stint in he coming PBA Philippine Cup.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                        Also for me, I prefer for Gilas to play in PBA Philippine Cup than train and play exhibition games in New Zealand..
                        And why is that sir?

Its cost effective playing in the PBA?
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Where was the Asia Pacific windows last month played again in front of spectators, why was that?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                            Like a possible stint in Australia or New Zealand this summer?

I see SBP looking for other options where Gilas can have a training camp overseas & that's good. That is perhaps the reason why SBP has yet to confirm with the PBA about Gilas' possible stint in he coming PBA Philippine Cup.
                            i rather choose the new zealand and Oz training than playing PBA and learning the bad habits..
                            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                              And why is that sir?

Its cost effective playing in the PBA?
                              I dont think New Zealand will accept Gilas right after backing out of OQT. Makes little to no sense.

Comment

• Why was the window games in Feb and again in March in Clark not held again?

Is Araneta safer than Clark?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information