Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
    We'll see about that sir in 2023, at least we'll have a large pool of players(swing men) to choose from.

Kobe Paras 6'6
    Calvin Oftana 6'5
    Francis Lopez 6'5
    Will Navarro 6'5
    Dwight Ramos 6'5
    BRP Jr. 6'4
    Dave Ildefonso 6'4
    Allen Bulanadi 6'3
    Thirdy Ravena 6'3
    Javee Mocon 6'3
    Roger Pogoy 6'2
    You forgot javi gdl.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
      In 2012 and 2013 the PBA release pre draft measurement as well antheopometrics, wingspan and all, the time PBa had tall guys applying pero after than hindi na, baka nahiya PBA ang Big guy nila playing Center is 6-3 and PF 6-1 1/2 only.... Hahahha
      Lol!! Seriously PBA should not only list a player's height especially the bigmen but also their wingspan..

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
        You forgot javi gdl.
        And also CJ Perez but I'm hoping that by 2023, CJ and Juan GDL are playing the 1 position..

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
          I have the same prediction.

I don't think Mocon has a good chance of making it. Remember, he is a late addition to the pool. I think Thirdy & Dwight Ramos who has been been attending the Gilas practices from the onset are both locked at the 3 spot.
          Javee was absent during yesterday's practice. The day before Mark Dickel said the PBA players who practiced regularly where shoo-ins.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
            And also CJ Perez but I'm hoping that by 2023, CJ and Juan GDL are playing the 1 position..
            Juan can really slide down to point guard but for CJ, i don't see him playing the point. He can slide at 2 position to the very least.
            Attack
            defend
            Unite

Comment

Agree, i would rather thirdy, dwight and javi before mocon. First of all, both dwight and javi are really a huge addition for our national team. Being standing both at 6'5 they will surely give gilas some ceiling in the wing position.
              I would love to see Dwight, Thirdy, Bulanadi and Mocon in Gilas uniform and how they will fare against international teams.

Comment

• PBA insider ��
                @PBAinsider
                These players are already in:

Kiefer Ravena

CJ Perez

Roger Pogoy

Troy Rosario

Poy Erram

Abu Tratter

Justin Chua

Javee Mocon

The 4 remaining slots will be composed of the non-PBA guys.

*Uncertain about Marc Pingris' status

Comment

• Originally posted by tootch View Post
                  back in their college Mocon is a star and pogoy is just a role player. No one expected Pogoy will be part of the NT. i think pogoy is much better defender than Mocon.
                  Agree. I remember sometime 2016 when Pogoy was still an amateur & member of the Phi team in the 2016 FIBA Asia Challenge, several posters here were quick to dismiss Pogoy & said that Pogoy is not a National team material. They said, there's nothing special in Pogoy's game, not that quick, not that athletic, etc. But look at Pogoy in the last 2 years, he has played for the Gilas elite team in major FIBA tournaments & I think he will still continue to be a good candidate for the national team in the next 2 to 3 years.
                  Last edited by JAMSKIE; 02-19-2020, 06:50 AM.
                  "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• I still think Navarro should've made the pool. I'd plug him in this window. I would've invested on him this early.

Comment

Juan can really slide down to point guard but for CJ, i don't see him playing the point. He can slide at 2 position to the very least.
                      The thing is, does CJ Perez play point guard even sometimes at Columbia? Bihira, di ba?

Its really hard to transition to point guard when all your life you have been playing the 2 or even the 3 spot. Besides, CJ is already 26. The transition to the point guard position should have been made around 5 to 6 years ago or even earlier than that.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by RV65 View Post
                        PBA insider ��
                        @PBAinsider
                        These players are already in:

Kiefer Ravena

CJ Perez

Roger Pogoy

Troy Rosario

Poy Erram

Abu Tratter

Justin Chua

Javee Mocon

The 4 remaining slots will be composed of the non-PBA guys.

*Uncertain about Marc Pingris' status
                        More than enough to blow out Indonesia and thailand

Comment

The true height measurement should be with shoes because no one is playing basketball with their barefeet. Hehe
                          Not all soles are created equal. Today you're 6', tomorrow you're 6' 1/2".
                          Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                            Not all soles are created equal. Today you're 6', tomorrow you're 6' 1/2".
                            you can give everyone the same shoe to be worn during measurements. all you need is the prospect's shoe size
                            “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                            -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
                              you can give everyone the same shoe to be worn during measurements. all you need is the prospect's shoe size
                              A shoe they wouldn't be wearing when they play and is most probably different in dimension for about half the players. So you see, for uniformity barefoot should be the standard.
                              Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                                A shoe they wouldn't be wearing when they play and is most probably different in dimension for about half the players. So you see, for uniformity barefoot should be the standard.
                                i agree. doesn't the PBA measure imports barefoot and lying down after the Rosell Ellis incident?
                                “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                                -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information