Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
    I've always had apprehensions on forcing Pinoy bigs to play SF due to lack of laterals , but I now can see in the bigger scheme of things it can actually work . For one in the context of the players you put around the SF defensively , if they're like Kouame and Dwight , you can cover up their lateral weaknesses. It's not like we will leave Carl on his own to defend a good wing
    Yeah, we can compensate for their lack of lateral quickness with a good defensive system. At least our guys know how to rotate and challenge shots. That's kinda what covered for Tamayo, although he's had decent lateral quickness.

Comment

• [QUOTE=PeeZones;1425212]
      Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
      Is Kobe available for OQT? If he got some of his speed back from his HS days, we might be looking at a SF-SG combo for OQT.

Isn't Dalph playing in D1 right now? He's more tested than Kai imo.

Also grabe naman, people will remember SJ's buzzer beater.

I mean we would remember but it wont be enough to be a reason that he be mainstay PG for gilas. I'm not bashing SJ. It is just that his tendencies and mindset doesn't fit the PG that Gilas needs these days. Si Matt talaga perfect PG for this Gilas. Ano ba height ni Matt? I haven't followed Dalph these days. Tab wont really reach out to him in my opinion.

Matt is really the fit pg for this squad. A tenorio type pg with height

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
        Nieto Twins' roles will be up in the air when the Ravena brothers are allowed to join. Same goes with Navarro and Javi. Much competition when the "reformed" Kobe returns
        Of the Nieto twins, I see Mike becoming less & less relevant to the team as the non-Ateneo players get more assimilated with Tab's system thru time. But I think Matt will still be very relevant to the team being a steady point guard & with SJ Belangel & RJ Abarrientos still far from the disciplined & stable point guards coach Tab wants them to be.

Kiefer is a good addition to the team but since he's playing in the PBA, Kiefer won't always be around for Gilas. Hence, coach Tab would still be needing a Matt Nieto.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by brod78 View Post
          They should just rest Tamayo on Sunday as it is pratically no-bearing (yeah we know the rivalry but still)...he or we need him to be ready in the OQT so he could be exposed to that level of competition...
          Yes I agree. He has done enough for us these past few days. We need him in the OQT. Our other players just need to step up. I think one thing going for us is that we have a measure of confidence and more lessobs learned already. Having TAB as our coach will truly guide these kids to dig deeper and utilize their respective talents well. Ange Koume is also gaining confidence and we see new things from him every gane

Comment

• Originally posted by ARMIR View Post
            Baltazar might have to play longer minutes and work a little harder in defense,I have a feeling that Hyun Jung Lee will play loose and out of the Korean system.
            We will have to exert a good amount of effort in defending this guy. I hope Baltazar and Navarro will be up to the task. Maybe Lopez if need be.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
              Now people can see why in a talk with Tab in 2019, he said Dwight is the best guard in the Philippines
              Anong laro ni Bro. Eli?

Mala euro-style rin ba tulad ni St.Dwight? or a totally different animal?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                In the game vs. Korea, Kouame showcased his 3-pt shooting which made Ratliffe pay the price for not challenging Kouame's shots. In last night's game, Kouame demonstrated his ability to put the ball on the floor & drive hard to the basket. Such move actually surprised me last night. If Kouame will have decent 3-pt shooting & he's able to drive during close out, then he woulr really be hard to defend against. Imagine if Kouame is able to develop pretty decent post moves & a reliable mid-range jumper just like what Justin Baltazar does best, that would be gravy.

I'm impressed with the improvements of Kouame's game since the last time I saw him playing for Ateneo.
                Ultra-poor man's Joel Embid. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                  In the game vs. Korea, Kouame showcased his 3-pt shooting which made Ratliffe pay the price for not challenging Kouame's shots. In last night's game, Kouame demonstrated his ability to put the ball on the floor & drive hard to the basket. Such move actually surprised me last night. If Kouame will have decent 3-pt shooting & he's able to drive during close out, then he woulr really be hard to defend against. Imagine if Kouame is able to develop pretty decent post moves & a reliable mid-range jumper just like what Justin Baltazar does best, that would be gravy.

I'm impressed with the improvements of Kouame's game since the last time I saw him playing for Ateneo.
                  he may very well be our version of Joel Embiid hehe but seriously the similarities in their game esp w/ his developing footwork & range

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                    Well our top up and coming PGs are the Suklay bros, Abadiano, Panopio, Nonoy, Nelle. Anyone else I miss?
                    Kean Baclaan...lolz Generously listed at 5'8

Comment

• Man, I feel bad for Prosper. He basically contributed half of Indonesias score and yet still got blamed by fans (and perhaps, silently by management). There's news that Indonesia is acquiring a new NP

He's basically being blamed for the slack of their local players.

Comment

• As of today my 2023 picks

Ange
                        Kai
                        Carl
                        Baltizar
                        Dwight

AJ
                        Thirdy
                        Kiefer
                        Clarkson

Go
                        1 PG , Matt , SJ or RJ
                        Tuffin or William

Comment

• Originally posted by carmelo7 View Post
                          he may very well be our version of Joel Embiid hehe but seriously the similarities in their game esp w/ his developing footwork & range
                          Supposed QUOTE was about eli
                          A lot smaller than bro, and he is not allowed to shoot in practice (had a flawed stroke that needs to be corrected)

BTW Navarro will benefit alot if he corrects his stroke , I believe 3 pt shooting can be developed, (just look at Ange

Comment

• [QUOTE=carmelo7;1425372]he may very well be our version of Joel Embiid hehe but seriously

Sorry double

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                              We can't blame their management.. They want some results.. We did the same before with Douthit then we replace him to Blatche.. Good thing for Prosper that he has already place in Indonesia basketball because their PRO league IBL accepting naturalized players being locals.. Unlike our beloved league that they not accept naturalized players as locals because PBA rules favors bloodline..
                              Even if they hire Lebron James as their NP, if their locals slack. They'll still not going to win.

If management are putting irrational expectations (yes, including the SBP), there is something wrong with the basketball program

Comment

• Lopez looks 2 inches taller than Govinda who’s legit 6’5, this kid keeps growing huh

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information