Page 167 of 176 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 3504

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Why people hee overrate thailnd too much?
    We/they see it as it is bro.

Thailand losing to South Korea by only 7 points is something that could not be ignored. Even if we say, Korea didn't have some of its top National players in that game (for one, Ricardo Ratliffe didn't play), still South Korea is South Korea. Its talent pool is deep, so even Korea's National team-B is strong.

And considering that we won't have a National team that could really train & practice full-time for the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers (Only "some" of the college players & the PBA special draftees would train full-time, right?), then you can't blame them (or us) for be wary of the Thais.

Also, we most likely won't have a Junmar Fajardo, Marcio Lassiter, Japeth Aguilar, Robert Bolick for the qualifiers, so we won't really have the strongest Gilas team for the FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers.

BTW bro, overrate & respect are two different things.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Question is will our senators do that????. They vary their opinions in literally every topic in the senate.
    Good thing, tito sen. Is a fan of basketball
    haha hell no.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

di kasi sila tinambakan nang korea. they performed well against korea.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ZIMATAR View Post
    So apparently, There was an invitation from Gilas for Calvin Abueva to join but Marcial and PBA is blocking it. Based on Sam Abueva's IG post.
    grabe naman.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    grabe naman.
    Would you want Abueva to mentor these kids? Personally I don't want him back even as a practice player.

di kasi sila tinambakan nang korea. they performed well against korea.
    Indonesia performed well the first time they met in jones cup may ratliffe pa yun.. and its almost a no bearing tournanent for them( this qualifiers).. kumbaga sa sasakyan naka segunda lang korea
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    We/they see it as it is bro.

Thailand losing to South Korea by only 7 points is something that could not be ignored. Even if we say, Korea didn't have some of its top National players in that game (for one, Ricardo Ratliffe didn't play), still South Korea is South Korea. Its talent pool is deep, so even Korea's National team-B is strong.

And considering that we won't have a National team that could really train & practice full-time for the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers (Only "some" of the college players & the PBA special draftees would train full-time, right?), then you can't blame them (or us) for be wary of the Thais.

Also, we most likely won't have a Junmar Fajardo, Marcio Lassiter, Japeth Aguilar, Robert Bolick for the qualifiers, so we won't really have the strongest Gilas team for the FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers.

BTW bro, overrate & respect are two different things.
    Korean treat the game as like theyre in scrimmage halos nakak score si suttisin at jaisanuk

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Would you want Abueva to mentor these kids? Personally I don't want him back even as a practice player.
    I agree. His misery is his own doing.

But he is one of the guy who always love to represent our country even he has a problem.. nevermind those antics in the pba.. I will prefer abueva rather those players who always decline invitation in our national team.. Baka nakalimutan nyo na halos iniyakan pa nya pag cut sa kanya over ray parks last 2016.. but what happened to ray parks? Did he committed in the future gilas games? NO!! Your one of the favorites here in baltazar but he's not also committed to the gilas program.. instead he rather play for very low league of nbl Philippines.. give abueva a break men..

yes actually. well minus the antics im sure he learned his lesson and the kids wouldnt want to be banned by the pba. but his drive to don the national colors and his motor and his hardwork on the court can be a good inspiration for these young kids.

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    But he is one of the guy who always love to represent our country even he has a problem.. nevermind those antics in the pba.. I will prefer abueva rather those players who always decline invitation in our national team.. Baka nakalimutan nyo na halos iniyakan pa nya pag cut sa kanya over ray parks last 2016.. but what happened to ray parks? Did he committed in the future gilas games? NO!! Your one of the favorites here in baltazar but he's not also committed to the gilas program.. instead he rather play for very low league of nbl Philippines.. give abueva a break men..
    Some players arent getting the appreciation they so well deserve because of their reputation to be "rough" while some image conscious hypocrites get so much love. Easily, I can name 10 active players in the PBA who play
    way "dirtier" than Abueva but none of them has been suspended for over 5 games.

Because Tyler Lamb is a world class player. Even against Team Gilas with MVP Fajardo and the best defensive player in PBA Chris Ross, he still scored 33 points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yes actually. well minus the antics im sure he learned his lesson and the kids wouldnt want to be banned by the pba. but his drive to don the national colors and his motor and his hardwork on the court can be a good inspiration for these young kids.
    I won't even go over his very colorful life outside the hardcourt but his antics has no place in basketball. He should get a chance to play again in the PBA but for me he's got no place in GILAS anymore. I appreciate his past efforts but he really hurt us along with Pogoy and co when we played Australia.

They're going young now and it's important to build a good culture.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Because Tyler Lamb is a world class player. Even against Team Gilas with MVP Fajardo and the best defensive player in PBA Chris Ross, he still scored 33 points.
    More of a world.class chucker? Stanley pringle is a world class player mikey williams is...jason brickman.. doent mean he shoota threes on high volumes means he is better than ray parks or kobe paras..

More of a world.class chucker? Stanley pringle is a world class player mikey williams is...jason brickman.. doent mean he shoota threes on high volumes means he is better than ray parks or kobe paras..
    I believe Lamb was shooting at a high clip. Thailand is confident that good things will happen if he has the ball. Even if he shoots more than anyone he's their go to guy anyway. Gilaas doesn't have that in this current roster. KR or TR is not that at this moment. Well, let's see how they do against Korea.

Now you can tell the reason we postpone the thailand game, the lost income when we put the game kn closed doors

I won't even go over his very colorful life outside the hardcourt but his antics has no place in basketball. He should get a chance to play again in the PBA but for me he's got no place in GILAS anymore. I appreciate his past efforts but he really hurt us along with Pogoy and co when we played Australia.

They're going young now and it's important to build a good culture.
    Is he and baltazar are same manager at Delta? Calvin should encourage baltazar to play for gilas.. baltazar should take atleast 75% of nationalism of abueva on playing on gilas..

But he is the type of player that Gilas is dreaming right now, a tall guard and slasher, which Team Gilas really needs. To bad Clarkson and Jalen Green are ineligible. Both of them could have been the tall guard we are hoping for. Paras has not reach that capability to be a guard, he could have been our hope for a tall scorer and slasher. While Parks Jr. lacks the motor to be aggressive in offense, and his game has regress so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    But he is the type of player that Gilas is dreaming right now, a tall guard and slasher, which Team Gilas really needs. To bad Clarkson and Jalen Green are ineligible. Both of them could have been the tall guard we are hoping for. Paras has not reach that capability to be a guard, he could have been our hope for a tall scorer and slasher. While Parks Jr. lacks the motor to be aggressive in offense, and his game has regress so much.
    The guys isnt that tall, guy cant defend on his own life.. not the most athletic guy out there, you have thirdy ravena renz aba do and roger pogoy that can do is job and even the dirty work..

That fact of being passive doesbt mean a player regressed i take guy who puts effort on d rather than a one di.ensional talented player

How has Parks Jr.'s "game regress so much"? wasnt he averaging 20/5/5 last year? Ray Parks for me is the perfect replacement for Gabe Norwood in terms of being a tall guard (hopefully defensively too soon lol). But me thinks he will never play for the NT again. After being the best local player in exhibition and tune up games during the 2016 OQT. He was used as a defensive stopper and benched at points. Then being put back down to the cadets lol

Page 167 of 176 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169 ... LastLast