Page 165 of 176 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3504

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    They need to fast track the papers of prosper and jawato if they want to stand a chance against taipei. Thailand? Nothing we can do about it. They already reached their ceiling with tyler lamb.

To both indo and thai teams, they only need 1 win in the second round to make it to the asia cup. Taipei is their bigger chance to win it. Guam is too strong for them.
    I know Thailand has another promising guard in their youth squad when we lost to them in one of the youth tournaments.. Who is that guy? I think he will be a good addition for them to have a chance.. But the problem for Thailand is they have no legit big man to have a chance, If they decide to get a naturalized big man, then Lamb will be out..

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I know Thailand has another promising guard in their youth squad when we lost to them in one of the youth tournaments.. Who is that guy? I think he will be a good addition for them to have a chance.. But the problem for Thailand is they have no legit big man to have a chance, If they decide to get a naturalized big man, then Lamb will be out..
    6'5 wing Justin Bassey..

Justin Bassey 6'5 guard , Plays for THE Harvard University

https://www.gocrimson.com/sports/mbk...ey_justin_ywdl

https://www.fiba.basketball/asia/u18...-Montri-Bassey

Justin Bassey? He's FIBA eligible but he's currently playing D1 ball for Harvard. So he's in the same boat as AJ Edu in that he's only available during the college basketball offseason.

Ah, Justin Bassey. The same guy who killed Batang Gilas U18 in 2016 with 34/21/5. Yes, the same BG team that just beat the Chinese U16 team a year prior. Of course, China U18 got their revenge and ate them alive twice in 2016.
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    Justin Bassey? He's FIBA eligible but he's currently playing D1 ball for Harvard. So he's in the same boat as AJ Edu in that he's only available during the college basketball offseason.
    He is currently a senior, so big possibility that he will be available for Thailand in the next window. Next stop ABL..

Justine Bassey dominated batang gilas back then but looks like he's stopped growing. Was already listed at 6'5 back then, some even had him at 6'6. Anyway he's still of great size considering that he now plays guard. Looked at his current NCAA stats and saw he's a decent rebounder (great actually, considering the position he plays) with almost 6 a game, not so much of a scorer (8 per game) but is very accurate at the 3 pt area, 42.5%, (even better conference stats). Despite not scoring heavily, he's playing at an average of around 32 minutes so I'm assuming he's a very good defender. Once he's made available for Thailand NT and they get the right naturalized player, a center, most probably, they'd be pretty competitivel. I hope FIBA considers relaxing its eligibility rules not just for our sake but also for the likes of Thailand. They can have their version of a big 3 in Bassey, Lamb and the naturalized.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Justine Bassey dominated batang gilas back then but looks like he's stopped growing. Was already listed at 6'5 back then, some even had him at 6'6. Anyway he's still of great size considering that he now plays guard. Looked at his current NCAA stats and saw he's a decent rebounder (great actually, considering the position he plays) with almost 6 a game, not so much of a scorer (8 per game) but is very accurate at the 3 pt area, 42.5%, (even better conference stats). Despite not scoring heavily, he's playing at an average of around 32 minutes so I'm assuming he's a very good defender. Once he's made available for Thailand NT and they get the right naturalized player, a center, most probably, they'd be pretty competitivel. I hope FIBA considers relaxing its eligibility rules not just for our sake but also for the likes of Thailand. They can have their version of a big 3 in Bassey, Lamb and the naturalized.
    The game between Indonesia (w/ prosper and jawato) vs Thailand (w/ basset) will be a great match up.. evenly match between these two.. I hope no injuries will happen to both camps before their match on November..

The game between Indonesia (w/ prosper and jawato) vs Thailand (w/ basset) will be a great match up.. evenly match between these two.. I hope no injuries will happen to both camps before their match on November..
    The marked in our between us vs korea and indonesia vs thailand. We always have a score to settle from korea imo. Hehe
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

The marked in our between us vs korea and indonesia vs thailand. We always have a score to settle from korea imo. Hehe
    I think we will lose to Koreans in the first match up in their home court.. but I'm confident that we will win to them when the game will play here in our turf.. maiilang Korea sa crowd natin..

I think we will lose to Koreans in the first match up in their home court.. but I'm confident that we will win to them when the game will play here in our turf.. maiilang Korea sa crowd natin..
    We need a naturalized player in both korea games because i am pretty sure, they will use ra guna against us. We need a counter to him. The rest of match ups are even. Maybe almazan, erram and go are pretty ok na.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Will certainly be more interesting and competitive should those players play. I sincerely hope those programs become better and better, it will do us good too in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by ccharmed View Post
    Those 4 are the essential players for 2023. The 4, with 6 of the best athletic, non-midget 2way players from the pba, have nothing to fear from an nba-powered team if they practice 2 months together. Having 2 6'5 and taller explosive combo guards who match up well with clarkson will make the team even harder to beat.

The key to winning was always, and eternally, about never having any nt player with serious size, athleticism and skills disadvantage for at least 10 players. The 2 disadvantaged players must at least be strong asia-fiba(not merely pba)-level 3point killers or monster rebounders. It may not be an nba team, but it should at least be built like an nba playoff team.

The real benefit from having an nt coach like tab is he will consciously try to build a team stronger than the best nz team he has seen or worked with. The awful yet very real mental block of a pba-based coach was always in accepting too easily fiba-substandard pba players as unavoidable constraints.
    The 2019 Toronto Raptors formula w/ Lowry and Van Fleet being the only 5'11 guys surrounded w/ tall and lengthy defenders.

If Tab builds a 2 way team, that would be amazing.

We need a naturalized player in both korea games because i am pretty sure, they will use ra guna against us. We need a counter to him. The rest of match ups are even. Maybe almazan, erram and go are pretty ok na.
    Can Kouame contain Cardo?

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    Can Kouame contain Cardo?
    rewatch the jones cup 2018 ADMU vs Korea
    DO or DO NOT there is no TRY... yoda

I respect your post bro but I'm not really high with Erram. Look how lousy he played vs indo, considering that he might be the best big man that we have on that team.

The questions is who? Our senate takes longggggg years to naturalize a player. Only blatche was given a rush order.

Junmar and Japeth are the only ones capable of slowing him down. I want to say Kai and Edu, but their body is not ready for ratliffe yet.

This is the problem by SBP and MVP, MVP teams doesnt have good big men internationally. Best they have is almazan but I doubt he will recover early from his injury

Thailand can have their version of a big 3 in Bassey, Lamb and the naturalized.
    Man, that Big 3 could be a legit championship contender not just in SEA but also in Asia.
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

I think Tyler Lamb classifies as a naturalize. Same case with CS and Pringle

Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    I think Tyler Lamb classifies as a naturalize. Same case with CS and Pringle
    Yes, that is correct but that's why I was saying I'm hoping fiba relaxes its eligibility rules. Afterall, he's legit half Thai and has been connected with Thai basketball for a while already. I think he's still with their ABL team, mono vampire. Maybe, aside from allowing 1 naturalized, fiba should also allow at least 1 who doesn't meet the before age 16 rule

Page 165 of 176 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast