Page 158 of 176 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 3504

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    Who won between Saudi and Syria? And is that Veselin Matic coaching India right now?
    Syria won 75-70 in OT.. Syria impress me.. I though they are done already... It seems Qatar will be odd man out there in their group.. unless Qatar's "foreign born local players" improve.. But Saudi keep on fighting.. Like Guam, Saudi needs to continue improve.. I don't know teams like them can also join in Jones Cup..

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Syria won 75-70 in OT.. Syria impress me.. I though they are done already... It seems Qatar will be odd man out there in their group.. unless Qatar's "foreign born local players" improve.. But Saudi keep on fighting.. Like Guam, Saudi needs to continue improve.. I don't know teams like them can also join in Jones Cup..
    Saudi has been amazing in the qualifiers so far. Qatar... I am under the impression that their Bosnian local players aren't really that good, but I don't know.

I guess no Madanly for Syria since he's already retired from international ball?
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by theD View Post
    Nakita mo ba king gano kabatak si Abando ngayon? Plus Abando is a better slasher. And Thirdy has zero shooting.

Abando > Thirdy.
    He has to show it in competition bro or let he join body building contest. LAST UAAP finals he disappered, xompletely eaten alive by Thirdy. Inspite. Of the buff physique, he was hepd by Ramos and Mamuyac to 3/14 shooting last PCCL.

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Much better put that game also in November.. pba season already started and maybe some pba guys will not available then.. and for safety concerns na din..
    For me, it is much better to expose our young players. We need to trust them. I know thailand scared korea. But still, I want our younger guys to have larger role. SBP can always borrow MVP team pba players.Just for leadership.

Maybe Kai is available in march. Gilas special draftees must participate. Thats the reason they are not in pba

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    The thing about Nieto is I think he will get killed on defense against taller more athletic teams. He’s the easy target to go at
    Matt is a good defender... He was not abused even during switch on PNR and the Center slide inside... He is smart enougj to body up the bigs to deter him to his sweet spot on pindown, good enough for switch to arrive... Matt is at least 6-0 so in Asian level di naman siya dehado...

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Matt is a good defender... He was not abused even during switch on PNR and the Center slide inside... He is smart enougj to body up the bigs to deter him to his sweet spot on pindown, good enough for switch to arrive... Matt is at least 6-0 so in Asian level di naman siya dehado...
    He just need to be consistent on offense.

I’m trying to think more beyond Indonesia or SEA, the bigs aren’t really as tough or physical as the bigs in the Asian region and I think guards at that level will give him problems, I think he works well when he has a rim protector who can cover for him

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    For me, it is much better to expose our young players. We need to trust them. I know thailand scared korea. But still, I want our younger guys to have larger role. SBP can always borrow MVP team pba players.Just for leadership.

Maybe Kai is available in march. Gilas special draftees must participate. Thats the reason they are not in pba
    If the game aginst Thailand will be in March, we cant add Edu or Kai as they were not in 24 man pool for the window.. The Thailand game no matter when it will be played is still first window game... If it iis in March, PBA is already on going, Perez wont be available especially that 3x3 OQT would be around that time. Chua should return to Phoenix also especially now they are underman in bigs with the injuries... In there place would be Paras if he has recovered from injury and Manuel for Chua for scoring at PF... Erram and Go are also replaceable but ww dont have enough bigs. Dont know if CS would be fit by then... He shoupd replace eiher of the 2...Parks now that his contract was settled should be due also for inclusion pero for whom? TnT either rest Pogoy or JGDL or Nieto... Its a hood problem for Dickel...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    I’m trying to think more beyond Indonesia or SEA, the bigs aren’t really as tough or physical as the bigs in the Asian region and I think guards at that level will give him problems, I think he works well when he has a rim protector who can cover for him
    Even is Asian levelnwala naman malalaking PG except for Arakji and Guo, who are around 6-2 barefoot...Mashiyaki is 5-11, Taipei, Japans PG are not that tall....

Even is Asian levelnwala naman malalaking PG except for Arakji and Guo, who are around 6-2 barefoot...Mashiyaki is 5-11, Taipei, Japans PG are not that tall....
    True, though I still think defensively Nieto is the odd man out, I’d like to see him try and guard korea’s guards in the next window. When ateneo played Korea they had a kuome in the middle but Nieto could not stay in front of his man and I always felt ateneo hid him defensively.

Basta pag takbuhan you get as many athleti guys like juan rh z thirdy.. matt can take that kiefer role haha..basta di siya matutulad kay hardianus lakudu( look at his advance plus minus whenever he is on the floor dun tayo umaaalgwa whenever he is on the floor) and unluckily the starters tend to fixes up his mess..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Basta pag takbuhan you get as many athleti guys like juan rh z thirdy.. matt can take that kiefer role haha..basta di siya matutulad kay hardianus lakudu( look at his plus minus whenever he is on the floor)
    If they can surround him with a bunch of two way players and a rim protector it can work like with ateneo, they cover for him defensively

If the game aginst Thailand will be in March, we cant add Edu or Kai as they were not in 24 man pool for the window.. The Thailand game no matter when it will be played is still first window game... If it iis in March, PBA is already on going, Perez wont be available especially that 3x3 OQT would be around that time. Chua should return to Phoenix also especially now they are underman in bigs with the injuries... In there place would be Paras if he has recovered from injury and Manuel for Chua for scoring at PF... Erram and Go are also replaceable but ww dont have enough bigs. Dont know if CS would be fit by then... He shoupd replace eiher of the 2...Parks now that his contract was settled should be due also for inclusion pero for whom? TnT either rest Pogoy or JGDL or Nieto... Its a hood problem for Dickel...
    I do think by this time (thailand match), sbp will negotiate with the handlers of balty, cs will probably heal from his injury and go will adjust quickly.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

We should have against thai match:

Bigs - cs, erram, go, balty, troy
    Wings - thirdy, dwight, pogoy, javi, parks
    Orchestrator - kiefer, 1gdl

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    We should have against thai match:

Bigs - cs, erram, go, balty, troy
    Wings - thirdy, dwight, pogoy, javi, parks
    Orchestrator - kiefer, 1gdl
    1GDL is more of combo guard, in fact at times yesterday he was the one who subbed in for Pogoy at SG... Instead of Javi, if healthy, Paras should be the one in the lineup, if not Im ok with that lineup.. We can go 4 bigs as we have Paras and Ramos who can slide for Small Ball PF...

^ Forget Baltazar. He did not show up for any of the practices and he is only playing in the MPBL. In March, he will be playing in the D-league for DLSU. Green Archers will use the D-league to prepare the team for the ultimate goal, UAAP season 83.

1GDL is more of combo guard, in fact at times yesterday he was the one who subbed in for Pogoy at SG... Instead of Javi, if healthy, Paras should be the one in the lineup, if not Im ok with that lineup.. We can go 4 bigs as we have Paras and Ramos who can slide for Small Ball PF...
    Either javi or kobe, it's ok for as long as we have enough size and versatility especially in the wing. Both javi and kobe can provide both.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE HORSE View Post
    ^ Forget Baltazar. He did not show up for any of the practices and he is only playing in the MPBL. In March, he will be playing in the D-league for DLSU. Green Archers will use the D-league to prepare the team for the ultimate goal, UAAP season 83.
    Let his dlsu stint finish then. Sbp should convince delta after.

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post

FIBA has two options:

1. If they want to schedule the cancelled games on March, better to do it closed door.. All of us here should agree that safety first.. Corona virus is coming more dangerous.. We already experience that closed door game already (aftermath of the brawl) last 2018.. So we getting used to it.. The problem is availability of our players next month (if they reschedule), PBA is in full swing now.. so non - MVP teams like Tratter, Chua and Perez will not available.. so if the cancelled game announce then we have problems especially on the bigs.. Aside from Erram, Rosario and Go eh no other available bigs that we can put in the line up..

2. Put it on the 2nd window all of cancelled game.. w/ China will play all of their games on the road.. 9 months seperate from this window to next so maybe the virus will be control then.. (For me this is the best option) and also at that time Almazan, Fajardo (if available) and Baltazar (I assumed DLSU will be out of the F4 of UAAP) will be available.. We can put much stronger line up than our line up today..

Page 158 of 176 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast