Page 141 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 3504

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

This present gilas team is better defensively as a whole.Man Japeths length couldve been a factor inside match up wise. I see this team compete better against Korea because of their quickness and youth in the perimeter. If our outside shooting clicks i give korea a plus 15.

Quote Originally Posted by paulezra View Post
    This present gilas team is better defensively as a whole.Man Japeths length couldve been a factor inside match up wise. I see this team compete better against Korea because of their quickness and youth in the perimeter. If our outside shooting clicks i give korea a plus 15.
    Perimeter D yes, but I think they are a little too thin on the interior/post defense and help defense. Donut defense looks like it. Good thing both Indonesia and Thailand do not have any strong and unstoppable 4s and 5s. If it was any of the heavier teams we were facing like Iran, China or even Korea with a Ratliffe we would have been raped in the middle and on rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    It actually irritates me reading those non-sense comments. That's the very reason why gilas and Philippines in general have so many detractors. Those holding their dummy accounts don't think twice before posting anything in the cyberspace. They don't care about the organization or country they represent so long as they feed their satisfaction to piss and heck other people.
    Filipinos don't deserve the internet.

It has ruined this country. Change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by geohunk View Post
    Perimeter D yes, but I think they are a little too thin on the interior/post defense and help defense. Donut defense looks like it. Good thing both Indonesia and Thailand do not have any strong and unstoppable 4s and 5s. If it was any of the heavier teams we were facing like Iran, China or even Korea with a Ratliffe we would have been raped in the middle and on rebounds.
    As mentioned by Tab in one interview, its a matter of matchups... In this window because of lack of dominating big from Indon and Thai team, the composotion of the team is like this... However if we would be meeting big and heavy frontlined team, chances are Blatche would have been called up as band aid solution while Kuoame's paper is not yet ok...

Abraham Damar will play tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    https://www.mainbasket.com/r/7522/te...-gabung-timnas

I think the disciplinary action should be banned from playing for rest of ibl season... wala namn papalit diyan eh.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    I think the disciplinary action should be banned from playing for rest of ibl season... wala namn papalit diyan eh.
    If Prosper played, that would've made some difference. Korea probably viewed the sea games tapes for prep. In Gilas case, Grahita will be a marked man and this Gilas's goal is to win big then...

No need to worry. Gilas will win by atleast 25 points margin.

These players are hungry. They are given a chance to represent NT. I think they always thought they will never represent gilas cause there are many players more talented than them. Players like Tratter,Chua, Dwight, Erram will be eager to prove their worth.

of course he will. he is their best pg i think.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post
    Main basket singling out PH.

This is the reason why I never read comments or live chats in anything. Pinoy trolls enjoy their bs too much.

https://www.mainbasket.com/r/7516/ge...-damar-grahita
    Smart phones and easy access to internet was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    Smart phones and easy access to internet was a mistake.
    It's not a mistake becuase it's help with education and ecommerce mostly. But again, hell is other people. Lol. If you want to prevent your brain cells from rotting I suggest this chrome extension to block comments and live chat and newpipe for mobile YT.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...kedplecikkajnp

https://newpipe.schabi.org/

By the way one of Bahrain's player is only 18 yrs. old but already a key contributor for their team, His name is Muzamil Hamoda, in his first seniors game, He contributed 12 pts., 6 rebs, 2 ast. and +14 eff. in 28 mins, He is getting minutes already.. actually this is Kai Sotto's batch last year and they face each other in the U18 FIBA Asia tourney QF's.. We almost lose to them before Kai dominates in the 2nd half.. That's why much better put also Kai Sotto and some young prospects like Dave Ildelfonso, AJ Edu (if healthy and available) because better put them already and gain experience rather than wait for them to grow.. these FIBA events is the best training ground to learn how to cope up w/ physicality, basketball IQ and learn more from these veterans who play professionally in all of their careers.. Imagine if Kai Sotto facing Sani Sakakini.. that is good learning and experience for him..

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    By the way one of Bahrain's player is only 18 yrs. old but already a key contributor for their team, His name is Muzamil Hamoda, in his first seniors game, He contributed 12 pts., 6 rebs, 2 ast. and +14 eff. in 28 mins, He is getting minutes already.. actually this is Kai Sotto's batch last year and they face each other in the U18 FIBA Asia tourney QF's.. We almost lose to them before Kai dominates in the 2nd half.. That's why much better put also Kai Sotto and some young prospects like Dave Ildelfonso, AJ Edu (if healthy and available) because better put them already and gain experience rather than wait for them to grow.. these FIBA events is the best training ground to learn how to cope up w/ physicality, basketball IQ and learn more from these veterans who play professionally in all of their careers.. Imagine if Kai Sotto facing Sani Sakakini.. that is good learning and experience for him..
    PH fans and maybe some coaches too are afraid of giving minutes to younger players. Baka daw mamain sa laro. We should stop this mentality, how else our young guys will gain experience if we are too scared of them getting raped on the floor?

May I remind everyone that Ricky Rubio was the starting PG on the Spanish team that won the silver medal in the 2008 Olympics at just 18 years old, and Nikola Jokic is still in his early 20s and yet he ate our older bigs alive last year. Yung mga mas matatanda pa sa kanya ang minamama ni Jokic.
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

To be fair sir. There are not many players in Asia that Jokic can't dominate. Even prime Hadaddi will be mani-mani for him.

Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post
    To be fair sir. There are not many players in Asia that Jokic can't dominate. Even prime Hadaddi will be mani-mani for him.
    But i hope if Kai is available then our coaches and SBP should put him already in the seniors pool.. His weaknesses is physicality right? He will learn those things in FIBA competition because many experience players and professional players here and Kai will learn how to use to this physicality, Don't worry about "mamamain" lang sya because international players don't use dirty tricks and tactics.. Dave also is one of i mentioned should put already in the seniors pool.. I think he can play naman in higher level.. Did you see Muzamil Hamoda bullied by his older opponents? NO, right!! He was a key contributor in his early age.. and then his stock will go high and could he get some offers professionally abroad after these qualifiers.. I don't know why our culture afraid putting youngsters in some high level competitions.. That "mamamain" thing is plain stupid reason!!

But i hope if Kai is available then our coaches and SBP should put him already in the seniors pool.. His weaknesses is physicality right? He will learn those things in FIBA competition because many experience players and professional players here and Kai will learn how to use to this physicality, Don't worry about "mamamain" lang sya because international players don't use dirty tricks and tactics.. Dave also is one of i mentioned should put already in the seniors pool.. I think he can play naman in higher level.. Did you see Muzamil Hamoda bullied by his older opponents? NO, right!! He was a key contributor in his early age.. and then his stock will go high and could he get some offers professionally abroad after these qualifiers.. I don't know why our culture afraid putting youngsters in some high level competitions.. That "mamamain" thing is plain stupid reason!!
    That's just the convenient excuse. Schools/managers don't want to risk their players getting poached or injured or just are aholes who don't want our team to succeed. Or they don't trust our youngsters enough so they go with the oldies. Or they'd rather have the credit go to our pros. Plenty of reasons actually

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    That's just the convenient excuse. Schools/managers don't want to risk their players getting poached or injured or just are aholes who don't want our team to succeed. Or they don't trust our youngsters enough so they go with the oldies. Or they'd rather have the credit go to our pros. Plenty of reasons actually
    Actually in the 5th window of the World up qualifiers, They should insert Kai rather than Greg Slaughter, especially vs Kazakhstan.. We all know that Kai will not play heavy minutes there, same as Greg.. But you look at the bigger picture there.. What happened now on Greg and Kai in two years after that game? Greg was go sabbatical and he didn't learn his lesson, and we gain nothing from him.. If Kai was in there than Greg, could be more beneficial from him and definitely from us because he will gain much needed experience and feel the physicality of those much older opponents.. Kai will not shock in the US soil when it comes of physicality because he learns by playing in a high FIBA competition and getting used to it.. Our culture of afraid putting youngsters due to "mamamain" is one of the reason why we are still in below level in such high level competitions.. Also last year's World Cup.. We all know that we will not win anyway in these competition eh why SBP and our coaching staff not putting youngsters like him to gain experience and getting ready for the next edition of World Cup.. What happened to the likes of Almazan, Barroca, etc..? We gain nothing from them afterwards.. We doing mistake after mistake that until now we can't solve.. But now we have that hope when Tab and Dickel in there.. putting the likes of 20 yr old JDGL and some youngsters is great start.. start them young and feel them the experience that our prospects' badly needed.. I hope it will continue..

Actually in the 5th window of the World up qualifiers, They should insert Kai rather than Greg Slaughter, especially vs Kazakhstan.. We all know that Kai will not play heavy minutes there, same as Greg.. But you look at the bigger picture there.. What happened now on Greg and Kai in two years after that game? Greg was go sabbatical and he didn't learn his lesson, and we gain nothing from him.. If Kai was in there than Greg, could be more beneficial from him and definitely from us because he will gain much needed experience and feel the physicality of those much older opponents.. Kai will not shock in the US soil when it comes of physicality because he learns by playing in a high FIBA competition and getting used to it.. Our culture of afraid putting youngsters due to "mamamain" is one of the reason why we are still in below level in such high level competitions.. Also last year's World Cup.. We all know that we will not win anyway in these competition eh why SBP and our coaching staff not putting youngsters like him to gain experience and getting ready for the next edition of World Cup.. What happened to the likes of Almazan, Barroca, etc..? We gain nothing from them afterwards.. We doing mistake after mistake that until now we can't solve.. But now we have that hope when Tab and Dickel in there.. putting the likes of 20 yr old JDGL and some youngsters is great start.. start them young and feel them the experience that our prospects' badly needed.. I hope it will continue..
    Agree. The lineup should be like this:

Panopio,Ildefonso/Abando,Lopez/ Paras,Edu,Kai
    Gilas special draftees
    Pba young star players (CJ perez,Bolick, maybe Junmar(healthy))
    2 naturalized player( Like Korea and Japan)

I assumed martin and clarkson are ineligible, but if they are considered locals, then very good for us

Page 141 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast