Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Draw will be held tomorrow, we might see the future of gilas being introduced in this tournament.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Draw will be held tomorrow, we might see the future of gilas being introduced in this tournament.
    Possible 1
    Philippines, CT, Malaysia, indonesia

Possible 2
    Philippines, NZL, CT, HK

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Possible 1

Possible 2
    Philippines, NZL, CT, HK
    like the 2 just replace taiwan with a team like jordan or lebanon

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    like the 2 just replace taiwan with a team like jordan or lebanon
    we can’t face them. only seaba, eaba and oceania teams.

we can’t face them. only seaba, eaba and oceania teams.
    I pick Korea then rather than Taiwan, better preparation for the next batch of gilas.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    I pick Korea then rather than Taiwan, better preparation for the next batch of gilas.
    pot 1 Philippines, China, Australia
    pot 2 NZL, Korea, Japan
    pot 3 Taiwan, guam, indonesia
    pot 4 HK, malaysia, thailand

Possible 1

Possible 2
    Philippines, NZL, CT, HK
    in possible 1, we are going streamroll those teams like they are literally shit. i like the possible better with nz as our toughest opponent.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    in possible 1, we are going streamroll those teams like they are literally shit. i like the possible better with nz as our toughest opponent.
    Is there a "possible 3" where we are grouped with serbia, croatia and slovenia? Hehehe....

Quote Originally Posted by ccharmed View Post
    Is there a "possible 3" where we are grouped with serbia, croatia and slovenia? Hehehe....
    that would be awesome. better than qualifying for world cup. lols.

I'm predicting gilas will win against Thailand and Indonesia.

Quote Originally Posted by all_about View Post
    I'm predicting gilas will win against Thailand and Indonesia.
    Even a grade 3 basketball fan can predict that. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Romeo will always be a gunslinger, his passes are pilit and not ninstinctive, yun bang dapat itira pinapasa at ang dapat ipasa tinitira... Romeo is a damaged good, as good as he is offensively, he is unstable mentaly, parang si Abueva...Napipikon if he cant have his way.. Have you seen how he fought with his coach while at Northporth... Hindi lang sia makapag astig sa SMB coz Santis, Nabong and Tubid will eat him alive literally. Do you want that type of guy in your team, it will create problem with your chemistry...
    i disagree.although he had problems with tnt i dont think he cant play in a system.he was actually a very good playmaker against Taiwan last year and was giving Junmar very good looks near the basket.Although he will always be a scorer he has improved on his shot selection since he joined the gilas team.trade him to northport again and he and Standhardinger will take the team to the semis again(at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    i disagree.although he had problems with tnt i dont think he cant play in a system.he was actually a very good playmaker against Taiwan last year and was giving Junmar very good looks near the basket.Although he will always be a scorer he has improved on his shot selection since he joined the gilas team.trade him to northport again and he and Standhardinger will take the team to the semis again(at least).
    Depends on the role that the coach want to invision of Romeo... If you want a scorer, 5-9 COMBO guard, you go for Romeo but if you want a facilitator type of Guard Romeo wont be that guy. For Gilas who has lots of good scorer in 2023 like Clarkson, Kai, Edu, Martin, one ball is not enough if Romeo is your PG

I am a staunch Romeo supporter for the NT. Guy is instant offense and ideal for a 6th man role.

However, for 2023 I think we have better options. I think he vastly improved as a facilitator, his rapport with Junemar in his last Gilas stint was impressive. His defense improved too, it was visible in his PBA FInals MVP performance and even in his TnT days. But with upcoming younger guards that could provide length on the backcourt without sacrificing much, I think we should gear towards them as it brings more positive dynamics to the team than having a prolific scorer and a decent playmaker in Romeo.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by paulezra View Post
    this teams lineup was built to compete against korea that said isaac go should never be in any national team.
    That speaks volumes of how shallow we are when it comes to bigs. Japeth and CS begs off, junmar gets injured and we're left to make do with tratter, Go and even justine Chua. In the past we even had a Toto Jose who, in my opinion, isn't even good at the PBA level. But we will get a lot of depth once Kai and AJ gets integrated into the program and kouame gets the exemption.

BTW, I wonder if Indonesia's 16 year old 6'8 played last night and how was he. I was not able to watch because the livestream was not made available here. Saw the post game presscon tho and toroman was in his usual "making excuses" mode again. He was stressing on how Thirdy Ravena, who he described as our worst outside shooter, had his shots falling. Anyway, still quite envious that even a team like Indonesia has a 16 year old on their senior team while our youngest is already 20 and the next youngest one is 23.

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I know Thailand has another promising guard in their youth squad when we lost to them in one of the youth tournaments.. Who is that guy? I think he will be a good addition for them to have a chance.. But the problem for Thailand is they have no legit big man to have a chance, If they decide to get a naturalized big man, then Lamb will be out..
    Justine Bassey dominated batang gilas back then but looks like he's stopped growing. Was already listed at 6'5 back then, some even had him at 6'6. Anyway he's still of great size considering that he now plays guard. Looked at his current NCAA stats and saw he's a decent rebounder (great actually, considering the position he plays) with almost 6 a game, not so much of a scorer (8 per game) but is very accurate at the 3 pt area, 42.5%, (even better conference stats). Despite not scoring heavily, he's playing at an average of around 32 minutes so I'm assuming he's a very good defender. Once he's made available for Thailand NT and they get the right naturalized player, a center, most probably, they'd be pretty competitivel. I hope FIBA considers relaxing its eligibility rules not just for our sake but also for the likes of Thailand. They can have their version of a big 3 in Bassey, Lamb and the naturalized.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Justine Bassey dominated batang gilas back then but looks like he's stopped growing. Was already listed at 6'5 back then, some even had him at 6'6. Anyway he's still of great size considering that he now plays guard. Looked at his current NCAA stats and saw he's a decent rebounder (great actually, considering the position he plays) with almost 6 a game, not so much of a scorer (8 per game) but is very accurate at the 3 pt area, 42.5%, (even better conference stats). Despite not scoring heavily, he's playing at an average of around 32 minutes so I'm assuming he's a very good defender. Once he's made available for Thailand NT and they get the right naturalized player, a center, most probably, they'd be pretty competitivel. I hope FIBA considers relaxing its eligibility rules not just for our sake but also for the likes of Thailand. They can have their version of a big 3 in Bassey, Lamb and the naturalized.
    The game between Indonesia (w/ prosper and jawato) vs Thailand (w/ basset) will be a great match up.. evenly match between these two.. I hope no injuries will happen to both camps before their match on November..

The game between Indonesia (w/ prosper and jawato) vs Thailand (w/ basset) will be a great match up.. evenly match between these two.. I hope no injuries will happen to both camps before their match on November..
    The marked in our between us vs korea and indonesia vs thailand. We always have a score to settle from korea imo. Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    The marked in our between us vs korea and indonesia vs thailand. We always have a score to settle from korea imo. Hehe
    I think we will lose to Koreans in the first match up in their home court.. but I'm confident that we will win to them when the game will play here in our turf.. maiilang Korea sa crowd natin..

I think we will lose to Koreans in the first match up in their home court.. but I'm confident that we will win to them when the game will play here in our turf.. maiilang Korea sa crowd natin..
    We need a naturalized player in both korea games because i am pretty sure, they will use ra guna against us. We need a counter to him. The rest of match ups are even. Maybe almazan, erram and go are pretty ok na.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast