Page 655 of 739 FirstFirst ... 155555605645653654655656657665705 ... LastLast
Results 13,081 to 13,100 of 14762

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Yes it is the official documentation required
    Speaking of which, is he already a citizen? By now, his bill should have elapsed into law.
    ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Speaking of which, is he already a citizen? By now, his bill should have elapsed into law.
    perhaps not yet

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    perhaps not yet
    Not yet. Based on the bill, the law has to be published first in the Official Gazette and 2 newspapers of general circulation, and it only takes effect 15 days after the publication.

tab was "hyped" on sage by d people in this forum

seriously though, there are always gaps that legal minds can work around on. just like in d case of norwood.

and even more with d cases of d likes of asi, erik menk, hatfield, pennisi etc.
    I doubt Tab even reads forums.

And as regards to Menk, Hatfield, Asi, Pennisi - that's the hocus pocus that went. As for Gabe, I think his claim in leg but in the case of Menk, his mother was no longer a PH citizen when he and his sister were born.

Quote Originally Posted by Labradoodle View Post

And as regards to Menk, Hatfield, Asi, Pennisi - that's the hocus pocus that went. As for Gabe, I think his claim in leg but in the case of Menk, his mother was no longer a PH citizen when he and his sister were born.
    Well, Hatfield got bombarded by the late Sen. Barbers when the former admitted that her mother was no longer a Filipina citizen when he was born.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
    Well, Hatfield got bombarded by the late Sen. Barbers when the former admitted that her mother was no longer a Filipina citizen when he was born.
    any lawyer can correct me on this, but if you were a Filipino and lost your citizenship for whatever reason, you can reacquire it that as if you did not loose it. Link-> http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/c...nce%20of%20law

I am a natural born Filipino who was naturalized in another country; can I re-acquire my Filipino citizenship without losing current my citizenship?

Former natural-born Filipino who has been naturalized in another country who wishes to retain or re-acquire their Philippine citizenship may apply for Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship pursuant to RA 9225. For more information, please click here.

Can I include my dependents for my application of RA 9225?

Children below 18 years of age may be included as dependents to your application for RA 9225. For more information, please click here.

I am a foreign national with a Filipino parent; can I apply for a Filipino citizenship?

Foreign nationals who were born outside of the Philippines to a Filipino parent (Note: the parent/s must be Philippine citizen/s at the time of the applicant’s birth) may apply for Recognition as a Filipino citizen, without losing the current citizenship of the applicant. For more information, please click here.
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Quote Originally Posted by C2Hamm View Post
    any lawyer can correct me on this, but if you were a Filipino and lost your citizenship for whatever reason, you can reacquire it that as if you did not loose it. Link-> http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/c...nce%20of%20law

I am a natural born Filipino who was naturalized in another country; can I re-acquire my Filipino citizenship without losing current my citizenship?

Former natural-born Filipino who has been naturalized in another country who wishes to retain or re-acquire their Philippine citizenship may apply for Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship pursuant to RA 9225. For more information, please click here.

Can I include my dependents for my application of RA 9225?

Children below 18 years of age may be included as dependents to your application for RA 9225. For more information, please click here.

I am a foreign national with a Filipino parent; can I apply for a Filipino citizenship?

Foreign nationals who were born outside of the Philippines to a Filipino parent (Note: the parent/s must be Philippine citizen/s at the time of the applicant’s birth) may apply for Recognition as a Filipino citizen, without losing the current citizenship of the applicant. For more information, please click here.
    I'm a law student, not a lawyer, but yes, you can reacquire your status as natural-born citizen under RA 9225.

Only two kinds of citizens in the Philippines: natural-born and naturalized. The test if you are a naturalized, is if you have to undergo a naturalization process to become a Filipino citizen. If you don't, you are natural-born.

^

That is correct,

From FIBAs and common universal law view however one's second citizenship confirmed after the 1st granted at birth , is viewed as natulization , regardless if the process was via natural birth acquisition ,marriage or legislation.
    Of course FIBAs classification definition of eligibility for local and import is when passport was issued relative to birthdate (Generally, not exception process)

Here is what people have to realize legal verification if citizenship is based on documentation even for Philippine law (never ethnicity) , and universally verifiable documentation have to be dated (stamped) as when issued and is used as the confirmation date. So really any confirmation of 2nd citizenship after default initial citizenship verified by birth is considered acquisition of 2nd citizenship and therefore naturalization. regardless of the process.
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 05-07-2021 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
    I wonder who in the immigration or DFA "granted" him PH citizenship, when clearly, legally this would not happen to "ordinary" people. The Fil-Sham issue even came into light BEFORE the dual citizenship laws.

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    I'm a law student, not a lawyer, but yes, you can reacquire your status as natural-born citizen under RA 9225.

Only two kinds of citizens in the Philippines: natural-born and naturalized. The test if you are a naturalized, is if you have to undergo a naturalization process to become a Filipino citizen. If you don't, you are natural-born.
    To be fair, the Senate inquiry happened months before R.A. No. 9225 became a law. The inquiries were framed and made prior to the passage of this law. In this context, in the eyes of these Senators, Hatfield is not a Filipino.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by Labradoodle View Post

d emoji means its sarcasm.

exemptions were made for their group becos they were already in d pba and have played in d national team.

norwoord's case was tougher as his eligibility was questioned prior to the draft. but an official legal opinion was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    To be fair, the Senate inquiry happened months before R.A. No. 9225 became a law. The inquiries were framed and made prior to the passage of this law. In this context, in the eyes of these Senators, Hatfield is not a Filipino.
    Even under the RA 9225, Hatfield would not qualify for citizenship because his mother was no longer a PH citizen when he was born, and Hatfield was no longer a minor when RA 9225 came into law. While his mother can reclaim her citizenship, Hatfield would not be able to reclaim a citizenship he never had (because his mother can't pass her lost citizenship when he was born) unless a hocus pocus was made. If Hatfield was an ordinary folk (not an athlete-celeb), I doubt that the immigration and/or DFA would entertain him.

The same thing with Eric Menk. He was born when his mother was already a US citizen.

How much more when any of the parents or grandparents were never a citizen at all. Lol, which is the case for .... shh.

ONE News PH
    @onenewsph
    ·
    21m
    IATF approves the request of the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) to host the FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers in June 2021, to be held in a "bubble" in Clark, Pampanga.

https://mobile.twitter.com/onenewsph...573683715?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    ONE News PH
    @onenewsph
    ·
    21m
    IATF approves the request of the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) to host the FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers in June 2021, to be held in a "bubble" in Clark, Pampanga.

and nzl tall blacks backs out. boomers is contemplating

https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/s...sia-cup/207551

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    ONE News PH
    @onenewsph
    ·
    21m

hopefully, no sudden surge in cases by that time. not just for d sake of this qualifier but for the greater good of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post

NZ backed out of the asia cup? not just on d qualifiers?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post

NZ backed out of the asia cup? not just on d qualifiers?
    I don't mind actually for as long as I see Guam here.

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    I don't mind actually for as long as I see Guam here.
    its important if NZ wont be in asia cup.

it would mean better chance for gilas to play in d medal rounds in august.

we want more games for gilas. and we need more games for kai.

its important if NZ wont be in asia cup.

it would mean better chance for gilas to play in d medal rounds in august.

we want more games for gilas. and we need more games for kai.
    If no New Zealand and Australia, that means Guam and Hong Kong will play in FIBA-Asia Cup. Korea, Philippines, Japan and probably China will virtually qualify the tourney. Indonesia is qualified as the host and the last slot for the eastern side will be a tossed up between Thailand and Chinese-Taipei.

Page 655 of 739 FirstFirst ... 155555605645653654655656657665705 ... LastLast