Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neo View Post
    go and co. were slower indeed.

but in addition, consider d fact that gilas adjusted their 2nd game defense in d perimeter so 3-pts and mid-range were almost non-existent for d thais. d paint being more open becos of d defense they played in d perimeter contributed to d numbers jakrawan put up in d second game.
    Exactly my point. If we play like we did in Thailand, that leaves Prosper open (who is more elite and experienced than Jakrawan). If we put a lot of our energy in stopping Prosper, that could leave Grahita and Prastawa open. These two are very good shooters when left open, and without Thirdy (sorry, can't help it. Lol)

We need to be able to shut the paint AND the perimeter in the 3rd window against Indonesia. I am hoping that this has been addressed during training and the inclusion of Kouame be a huge boost.

Comment

• Its a gane we can afford to lose, but definitely not type of game where we wouldnt play right just to win.. ano ba mauina oqt o third window arang pagkatapos na pagkatapos ng 3rd window diretso oqtto be bamboozled by the olympic medal favorites
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
        Bakit si kai sitto di ba kaya?..
        Wtf i forgot about him lol

Comment

• I’m excited to see if they will play baltazar or tamayo as wing.

This is not me. Just sharing.

Comment

• Hopefully, the coaching staff has come up with something that can limit Indonesia's scoring both in the paint and perimeter.

Nevertheless, I'm more excited to see the game with Indonesia than Korea.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
              Its a gane we can afford to lose, but definitely not type of game where we wouldnt play right just to win.. ano ba mauina oqt o third window arang pagkatapos na pagkatapos ng 3rd window diretso oqtto be bamboozled by the olympic medal favorites
              I don't think we can lose a game to Indonesia given that our other games are against Korea..and we know how good the Koreans are.

We need one game to secure a spot in the Asia Cup. If we lose to both Korea and Indonesia, we'll have to play the additional games to secure a spot.

It's Indonesia that can actually afford to lose as they are guaranteed a spot being the host
              It does not matter if they don't become top 2. What matters to them is finishing in the top 8 in the Asia Cup as to not lose their auto slot in the WC as co-hosts.

Between Korea and Indonesia, I think it's the game against Indonesia that is more winnable
              . Albeit Timnas would be a tougher team than the one we saw in window 1

Comment

• Pba junemar is slow. Koume can keep up with good footspeed and length.

Comment

• I am still curious though why Toroman said that Gilas has 80% chance of beating Indonesia. I would believe him 100% if we had PBA players. But I am very nervous that we are all-cadets and Indonesia has Prosper.

The consolation we have is likely Prosper not being all that familiar with the Tab system since his exposure to Pinoy ball is the PBA, and we are sending UAAP/NCAA players..and maybe, some high school guys
                  Last edited by Labradoodle; 05-09-2021, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• Padihado - since it was ph media asking. Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Labradoodle View Post
                      I am still curious though why Toroman said that Gilas has 80% chance of beating Indonesia. I would believe him 100% if we had PBA players. But I am very nervous that we are all-cadets and Indonesia has Prosper.

The consolation we have is likely Prosper not being all that familiar with the Tab system since his exposure to Pinoy ball is the PBA, and we are sending UAAP/NCAA players..and maybe, some high school guys
                      do u expect him to say that "we should win" or "its gonna be easy for us"? aside from being politically incorrect, that would just give motivation to our players. why would he do that?

don't read so much into it. he said the right thing to say.

Comment

do u expect him to say that "we should win" or "its gonna be easy for us"? aside from being politically incorrect, that would just give motivation to our players. why would he do that?

don't read so much into it. he said the right thing to say.
                        It's actually a 180 from his SEA Games statements, where he was like "we will upset Gilas" despite the fact that that Gilas was all-pro.

Comment

It's actually a 180 from his SEA Games statements, where he was like "we will upset Gilas" despite the fact that that Gilas was all-pro.
                          he was trying to motivate his players then.

this time, he's saying d right words. especially as they will be playing without pressure since they already qualified for august.

that is not d case for gilas. d game against them is a must-win, especially if we dropped d first sokor game.

Comment

he was trying to motivate his players then.

this time, he's saying d right words. especially as they will be playing without pressure since they already qualified for august.

that is not d case for gilas. d game against them is a must-win, especially if we dropped d first sokor game.
                            ^^ Saying that Gilas has 80% chances of winning is not a motivation for his players to the press(print or video).

Comment

^^ Saying that Gilas has 80% chances of winning is not a motivation for his players to the press(print or video).
                              i was referring to his statement in d sea games. the "then" in my statement refers to the past. that is why d 2nd sentence started with "this time"

Comment

• I expect the cadets to dominate at the paint on offense against Indonesia. Aside from Prosper, I can't see any players from their team capable of defending Ange, Kai, and Baltazar. My prediction would be 2 of them will be on court at the same time. The battle at the paint will be winning us the game depending how well we contain Lester. I'm still not convinced Kai can defend Prosper well yet with his thin frame without getting into foul trouble. I see Ange as his primary defender while Sotto helps on the weakside. Baltazar will play the wing more but he'll be insurance in case Ange or Kai gets into foul trouble.

Korea is a way different story. They got tall, mobile and sweet shooting bigs. Kai's laterals on the perimeter will surely be tested against Jong-Kyu Kim. Cardo is almost a monster himself. It's going to be a tough night defending him. Last time we played against him at the Asian games. He bullied, Old Asi, Belga, C-Stand, Almazan, and Erram frontline to 30pts.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information