Page 808 of 855 FirstFirst ... 308708758798806807808809810818 ... LastLast
Results 16,141 to 16,160 of 17098

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    Lets see. I think he wants to play for Ateneo at least once. But I agree, the UAAP is beyond him.
    Kahit saan wag lang PBA. Dun sya sa CBA, NBL or B.League. Kahit sa KBL ok lang.

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    So what is next for our Young Gilas? Long break or will they continue practicing or maybe join the PBA? While Kai is here they should maximize it and continue training until August.. When does NBL season Starts?
    OQT in serbia
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

everytime korea tries some semblance of zone, gilas hits a timely 3. They also shot well from the ft line. Both rare for gilas

Great strategy by Tab to ball pressure the guards the entire game. It forces the PF to do a lot more than he's used. By the time they cross the half court, shot clock is at 13-15seconds. Koreans run their system like a machine and will wait for you to make a mistake to get an open 3. With shotclock down to 13, you'll only need to play great defense for the 1st and 2nd option and the 3rd is already usually a rush shot.

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    So what is next for our Young Gilas? Long break or will they continue practicing or maybe join the PBA? While Kai is here they should maximize it and continue training until August.. When does NBL season Starts?
    OQT July, the FIBA Asia Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    That's game. 2-0 against South Korea with a bunch of 20 year old amateurs and 2 teenagers!
    This might even cost his job. U bet Korean badketball fans would be mad at him
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Lun View Post
    And can play within the system. Hope he gets stronger soon
    I just want the 3pt shooting to get better. Dude shot 15% in the UAAP.

Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    everytime korea tries some semblance of zone, gilas hits a timely 3. They also shot well from the ft line. Both rare for gilas

Great strategy by Tab to ball pressure the guards the entire game. It forces the PF to do a lot more than he's used. By the time they cross the half court, shot clock is at 13-15seconds. Koreans run their system like a machine and will wait for you to make a mistake to get an open 3. With shotclock down to 13, you'll only need to play great defense for the 1st and 2nd option and the 3rd is already usually a rush shot.
    We shot 59% from the FT line. Not very good. We will need to work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    I think Bleague doesn't allow asian players with 2 passports

If it's true that a Milwaukee Bucks scout was in the country scouting Ange, maybe a certain Dwight Ramos caught his a attention a 6'6" sf/sg.. Certainly has a place at least in the G - league
    “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.”

- Kobe Bryant

Rest in Peace Mamba..

lmfao, you saying he's doing better than kai this game. stop it. Yet you saying Kai played soft by scoring 10pts and grabbing 7 rebs while getting excuses for the koreans. Kpop fan ka ba?
    Nope not a Kpop fan. Never will be. I was merely replying to a comment you made about Kai being a 19 year old playing soft against grown men etc. and this was made during the first quarter into the game. I merely stated a fact that the other 19 year olds well in this case the 20 year old was also playing well so far up to this point. Averaged double digits in all 3 games he last played prior to our rematch. Again all credit to the defense our wings played today to limit him. As for Kai, I agree he needs to get stronger and address his stamina issues as it was evident in this game moreso.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

As long as Gilas doesn't get blown out by 59 or more points vs Serbia, as long as we are competitive in the OQT so nobody will ever again doubt that we are a World Cup level team, as long as Gilas places in the Top 8 of this year's Asian Cup (Top 3 is better though), it's all good for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Think kouname will be in the nbl in the next 1-3 seasons.
    Not sure any gilas guards are worthy just yet. B league most likely.

All those silly mistake korea did is actually what Gilas Pilipinas is like when they are being coached by Filipino coach with Pabebe players.

We will give credit to where it is due.

Dwight has been the backbone of this team together with Ange.

If ill rank their performance, it would be this.

Dwight
    Ange
    Kai
    Carl
    RJ

This doesnt mean that Ange has more potential than Kai he just perform better in this window.

I think Tab did great but im not sold with some of his player choices. I also get the defender rotation against RA but thay was detrimental to Kai. He is the coach and he did win the games. I would prefer that he didnt include Kai guarding the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    OQT in serbia
    Will Kai continue to train with the squad? Any new Players coming in? I think the team still lacks a PG, maybe Dalph Panopio or Keifer Ravena..
    “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.”

- Kobe Bryant

Rest in Peace Mamba..

I hope once the KBL allows pinoy asian imports, theyll allow dual citizens like Ramos. Otherwise hell have to settle for somewhere else, Worst case PBA.

Double post sorry

- Kobe Bryant

Rest in Peace Mamba..

Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    he can play in europe or NBL. wag lang pba.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Very excited for OQT, Tab will most probably add thirdy ravena on the pool

Page 808 of 855 FirstFirst ... 308708758798806807808809810818 ... LastLast