Page 736 of 855 FirstFirst ... 236636686726734735736737738746786836 ... LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,720 of 17098

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by Labradoodle View Post
    Double post
    Haha kiti kiti kasi sila dumipensa.. and thats recipe for calls pag homecourt..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    Gilas Pilipinas head coach Tab Baldwin:

We were shocked at the beginning of the game of the physicality of Korea. We talked about it and we started grinding and we started to hold our own. Guys that came off the bench did a great job.

https://twitter.com/RapplerSports/st...34070393106442
    We were shocked because he wanted to play Kai sparingly and inflate his EGO. Kai was the reason for our turn around. Ramos look lost in the beginning. Tab starting with his favorites was the cause of the early game struggles.

I expect koreans will play extra motivated vs gilas in the 2nd game but i'm confident with our team we will play better in the 2nd meeting gandang laban ulit yun!

Looking at the box score, Korea was able to limit our assist (we need to work on that) but we got more score from the bench. Korea also "outfouled" us significantly which is a bit weird given that we're usually that fouls a lot. This good though especially against Indonesia. Indonesia c
    Tends to score quite a lot from the charity strip.
    We did alot of one on one hence less assist. One thing I keep saying we should do full court press, it makes SK to hurry up their offense and tired them out. Dont know why no coach before today did this including Coach Tab in his first run at it.

Also did SK do their dreaded 3 to 2 zone. Thats want to know if we can shoot against it. Need to rewatch if zone defense was implemented by SK

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    Gilas Pilipinas head coach Tab Baldwin:

We were shocked at the beginning of the game of the physicality of Korea. We talked about it and we started grinding and we started to hold our own. Guys that came off the bench did a great job.

https://twitter.com/RapplerSports/st...34070393106442

But once the Gilas boys brought their own version of physicality,the Koreans can't keep up.A little glimpse of the elbow was seen.

Kouame did his job put a body on cardo make them pay on leaving him open.. didnt affect when he was ankle breaker by korean defenders.. laro lang

Looking at the box score, Korea was able to limit our assist (we need to work on that) but we got more score from the bench. Korea also "outfouled" us significantly which is a bit weird given that we're usually that fouls a lot. This good though especially against Indonesia. Indonesia c
    Tends to score quite a lot from the charity strip.
    Probably the physical defense from Korea didn’t help, also I imagine they were trained on defense without fouling. Definitely some missed calls but I thought it was generally fair. Tamayo for example defensively had to foul because of his laterals, Koame got called for offensive fouls.

Slight OT. Didn't watch the whole game until the last minute or so. But Balty playing the wing or the 3 spot is interesting to see. Definitely something to watch come the UAAP. Tama nga si Kiefer sa interviews wing player na sya.

Quote Originally Posted by anon9000 View Post
    Just provide him athletes with decent size and fundamentals. With no ego or handlers involved then the results will show.
    Imagine if this was incorporated to our grassroots basketball (UAAP to PBA) - fundamentals meet individual skills, Puso meets Utak. That would be the dream for Philippine basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by barok espinoza View Post
    the indonesian team must be pissing their basketball shorts right now lol. they probably wanted SK to win by a big margin as a demoralized predator will be easier to tire and kill. but now that gilas players already know their strength, there's no effing way they're gonna fumble this friday. sorry na lang to our indonesian friends
    Grahita and Jawato must be scared. The two are the ones who often say " we will win against the Philippines and Korea".

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    We did alot of one on one hence less assist. One thing I keep saying we should do full court press, it makes SK to hurry up their offense and tired them out. Dont know why no coach before today did this including Coach Tab in his first run at it.

Also did SK do their dreaded 3 to 2 zone. Thats want to know if we can shoot against it. Need to rewatch if zone defense was implemented by SK
    Pretty sure they tried full court press in the beginning, probably couldn’t sustain its demanding.

Korea also "outfouled" us significantly which is a bit weird given that we're usually that fouls a lot.
    ^^^

I think the culprit in that fouling thing are the pba players. Since they are not used to FIBA style of play, they tend to foul a lot due to their PBA habits.

The kids on the other hand, have been playing under FIBA rules, so they foul less. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by PaVi View Post
    ^^^

I think the culprit in that fouling thing are the pba players. Since they are not used to FIBA style of play, they tend to foul a lot due to their PBA habits.

The kids on the other hand, have been playing under FIBA rules, so they foul less. I think.
    Medyio bata pa lasi players natin co.pare s alba layers ping never get called fouls in defending korea..

Korea also "outfouled" us significantly which is a bit weird given that we're usually that fouls a lot.
    Because PBA players can't play defense without fouling. They are so used to PBA "physicality" more like playing dirty basketball. Honest defense is important in FIBA and not larong kanto.

Also, in the beginning Korea was making wide open shots and shooting well, near the end once they were under pressure they started missing and forcing up shots which lowered their percentage

For the Tab fanboys here, what is your opinion when Tab tasked Kai to guard the perimeter?

Though I know Kai could do it laterally because I know he is capable and quick enough but that was too detrimental for Kai. I still believe Kai has stamina issues but maybe he is better than before.

Tab tried to expose Kai's weakness.

Kouame for me the unsung hero for this game, his consistent versatile defense, clutch 3's ( 3 in a row) and that late rebound was invaluable. Interestingly I want to see him and Kai at the same time, Kai showing impressive perimeter D, I think they can play together without sacrificing much on the overall defensive scheme

This gilas program has a bright future, I honestly can't wait how the PBA at makasariling corporation will messed this up. Because it's inevitable at this point let's be honest here, enjoy it while it lasts guys. haha

I really liked the player rotation Tab used by always having at least 4 6' 5" plus players on the floor at times. Along with the center (Kai or Ange) he had Tamayo, Balti, Ramos playing together or it would be Go, Navarro and Ramos. It gives you length and height especially on the defensive schemes and switching.

I noticed it goes downhill when BIG MIKE NIETO is on the floor, and we lost the lead late in the 4rth and almost could have lost when Tab subbed Tamayo for Nieto. That was a headscratcher when Tamayo scored 2 straight baskets and was doing well...Tab takes him out and puts in BIG MIKE NIETA. Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

double post my bad

Page 736 of 855 FirstFirst ... 236636686726734735736737738746786836 ... LastLast