Page 735 of 855 FirstFirst ... 235635685725733734735736737745785835 ... LastLast
Results 14,681 to 14,700 of 17098

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    This win is a big middle finger to PBA and SMC group. I hope that shitty outdated league burn down to the ground.
    give SMC credit. they sponsored gilas as well.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    BUNCh of college and amateurs beat South Korea, I imagine the kbl will start trying to recruit from this team once they open their doors to the Philippines
    I truly hope these youngsters will play abroad instead of PBA, there is no hope in PBA.

Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    I truly hope these youngsters will play abroad instead of PBA, there is no hope in PBA.
    From second oldest professional basketball league in the world to a dumpster fire of a relic from the 50s real quick. Napag-iwanan na ng Japanese B-League.
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Aside from having a ticket to the Asia Cup, this win is critical in validating the Gilas program.

I hope the SBP continues this beyond 2023, 2027. Maintain the momentum and we will be able to compete with the world's best without embarassing ourselves

Am savoring the moment, knowing that this is a great win, even if this is not a defining moment.
    Many of our losses to Korea is during important games, so I hope when that time arrives, we still come out on top.
    Gg Gilas. Keep playing as a Team! Puso!

You know kang sang jae isnt elite when carl tamayo can post up on him..

Like people said here kai and rj started the run..

Less egis and favorotism on this program we will go far..imagine rj a guy who hasnt olay a single seniors uaap game eh ganyan pinakita..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by Labradoodle View Post
    Aside from having a ticket to the Asia Cup, this win is critical in validating the Gilas program.

I hope the SBP continues this beyond 2023, 2027. Maintain the momentum and we will be able to compete with the world's best without embarassing ourselves
    I agree, keep the bubble, seems better at developing talent anyway

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post

Less egis and favorotism on this program we will go far..imagine rj a guy who hasnt olay a single seniors uaap game eh ganyan pinakita..
    Yeah this program should vet out who can play international ball by skill or ego.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post

that PnR man was awesome. RJ and Kai got chemistry. SK adjusted tho and defended the lane well.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

One significant improvement I see with the Koreans game now is that they are already good at creating their own shots off the dribble. Dati kasi, if the Koreans are forced to take shots off the dribble, hindi accurate ang mga tira nila, but now iba na talaga. Korea obviously is keeping up with the trend of modern basketball.

Then they also play with great intensity on defense & they play physical basketball out there. Of course they have retained their strengths which is their trademark: crisp passing & accurate 3-pt shooting.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Refs finally on our side.
    players had enough time to practice with FIBA officiating and are not tainted by PBA officiating

Those saying kai will have a problem defending pick and rolls, lets turn the table let Kai play the roller and let see who could stop him!lol

Gilas Pilipinas head coach Tab Baldwin:

We were shocked at the beginning of the game of the physicality of Korea. We talked about it and we started grinding and we started to hold our own. Guys that came off the bench did a great job.

https://twitter.com/RapplerSports/st...34070393106442

Initially surprised Lopez and heading didn’t make the lineup for this game, nor did Javi play, they will probably be used in the second Korea game as a dark horse \trump card

Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    From second oldest professional basketball league in the world to a dumpster fire of a relic from the 50s real quick. Napag-iwanan na ng Japanese B-League.
    This team should have been the norm. The fact that it took many decades is a sad.

The old methods of recruitment and development were a farce. The Gilas program really should be its own entity.

Looking at the box score, Korea was able to limit our assist (we need to work on that) but we got more score from the bench. Korea also "outfouled" us significantly which is a bit weird given that we're usually that fouls a lot. This good though especially against Indonesia. Indonesia c
    Tends to score quite a lot from the charity strip.

Double post

Its just a message to koreans that we are indeed undefeated at home..so totoo yun curse if we talking about playing here
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

I remember some posters here dont believe we have the best guards and asia RJ and SJ proves that again, look at other asian countries once they lose their top guards hirap makakita ng pamalit.

the indonesian team must be pissing their basketball shorts right now lol. they probably wanted SK to win by a big margin as a demoralized predator will be easier to tire and kill. but now that gilas players already know their strength, there's no effing way they're gonna fumble this friday. sorry na lang to our indonesian friends

Page 735 of 855 FirstFirst ... 235635685725733734735736737745785835 ... LastLast