Page 712 of 855 FirstFirst ... 212612662702710711712713714722762812 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,240 of 17098

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    a great decision. tab this tournament and maybe jong for the OQT?
    As long as Tab is the primary decision maker for all basketball decisions, I think its best he coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    They arent treating tournaments seriously for longest time specifically since the hagop rule controversy, if theh histed this big games maybe like asian games
    Even they will seriously this tournament eh they still hard time winning these days.. in gulf games (ala seagames) they always lose to Bahrain and Saudi since 2016.. their predecessor are not good while the former two are invest in their youth program since 2012.. that's why both they found a gem in muzamil hamoda and Mohammed alsuwailem... While Qatar didn't focus on their youth program and still recruiting players overseas that they don't know if they were good enough long term.. they are impatient with results.. that's why they suffering..

No need to worry about the PBA with Tab being the head coach this time. They're not involved anymore whatsoever this qualifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    No need to worry about the PBA with Tab being the head coach this time. They're not involved anymore whatsoever this qualifiers.
    Correct.

Maybe SBP, Tab Baldwin & the rest of Gilas coaching staff are confident that the current Gilas cadets can get the job done even without PBA players
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

update : Tab Baldwin to call the shots for Gilas Pilipinas in FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers and OQT

link:https://tv5.espn.com/basketball/gila...qualifiers-oqt
    #GoUSTe, #AnimoLaSalle #PadayonUP

Great news! Tab should coach every tournament! Please don't envolve PBA anymore we have great young talents and with great potential just focus on developing them wag na nila ulitin ginawa nila sa 3x3 last oqt pleaseeee don't mess up this them again for PBA kasawa na!

Coach Tab's System (SWING OFFENSE)

We know coach tab has knowledge about Australian and European Systems. But what exactly is the system he is using? Back in 2015-2016 he used Swing Offense.

Swing Offense is a position less ball movement system. A lot of screening and cutting and passing.

STRENGTHS

1.Positionless Basketball
    2. Strong Fundamentals
    3. Team Effort
    4. Develops Basketball I.Q

WEAKNESS

1. Dribble Drive (Swing system is literally the counter part of dribble drive system)

2. Can be Repetitive and predictable

3. Players need high basketball I.Q

Swing offense best work with a team who excels at the basics: shooting, passings, screening, cutting, and spacing.

It gives up a good shot for a better/greater shot.

PS: idk if coach tab still using this system. But probably a lot of concepts of it are still applicable.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/j...-dribble-drive

https://www.hoopsking.com/swing-offense-basketball

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Correct.

Maybe SBP, Tab Baldwin & the rest of Gilas coaching staff are confident that the current Gilas cadets can get the job done even without PBA players
    Maybe yes, maybe no... We need some PBA players in 2023.. although all qualifiers even no PBA players we can survive because we are qualified anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Maybe yes, maybe no... We need some PBA players in 2023.. although all qualifiers even no PBA players we can survive because we are qualified anyway...
    Here's my stand: Having Jordan Clarkson (its just a possibility) would mitigate the need for PBA players in the Gilas team for the 2023 World Cup.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

And our boys are now in Clark

http://tbti.me/s20b5z

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by GoPilipinas View Post
    Great news! Tab should coach every tournament! Please don't envolve PBA anymore we have great young talents and with great potential just focus on developing them wag na nila ulitin ginawa nila sa 3x3 last oqt pleaseeee don't mess up this them again for PBA kasawa na!
    And if our players develop right, we may hardly have to rely on the PBA at all when it comes to international tournaments.

I hope our players develop well enough to go abroad for development and exposure to other systems.

Team Korea arrives at Quest Hotel in Clark...
    https://fb.watch/65v0UdqIOl/

Gilas Pilipinas undergoes safety protocols upon arrival at Quest Hotel and Conference Center in Clark...
    https://fb.watch/65uUOW4BZK/

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    And if our players develop right, we may hardly have to rely on the PBA at all when it comes to international tournaments.

I hope our players develop well enough to go abroad for development and exposure to other systems.
    It has to be both system.and talent if we're talking world cup here. Regional level, we can get away with just either but come Asian level , much more world, the pieces have to be all strong. At least 3-4 from the PBA. Remember, the program already lost Oftana to the PBA
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Here's my stand: Having Jordan Clarkson (its just a possibility) would mitigate the need for PBA players in the Gilas team for the 2023 World Cup.

So what's the expectation for Tab, in this window? If he loses both Korean games ?what's the reaction

Is Credo and Carino really injured lol. How convenient

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    So what's the expectation for Tab, in this window? If he loses both Korean games ?what's the reaction
    the same. regardless if he was the official head coach or not.

kai and gilas members at Quest Hotel in Clark...

https://bit.ly/35ftqCn

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    It has to be both system.and talent if we're talking world cup here. Regional level, we can get away with just either but come Asian level , much more world, the pieces have to be all strong. At least 3-4 from the PBA. Remember, the program already lost Oftana to the PBA
    I agree with the talent part too. I have a good feeling about the young guys though. I want them to exceed the ceiling of Gilas 2.0.

As for PBA, yes, they're our best players currently, but the main question is availability.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    i actually expect 3-0. but regardless i hope gilas puts up a good fight. these people sacrificed a lot. its not easy being in a bubble.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Page 712 of 855 FirstFirst ... 212612662702710711712713714722762812 ... LastLast