Page 79 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2389

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    That remains to be seen since both players are already in the twilight of their careers. I feel both Bahrami & Hadadi will be donning the Iranian National team jersey for one last time in this year's Olympics. After the Olympics, I think we won't be seeing them again with the Iran NT.
    But with yakchali, jamshidi, kazemi and geramipoor, i think iran is in the good hands now.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

That remains to be seen since both players are already in the twilight of their careers. I feel both Bahrami & Hadadi will be donning the Iranian National team jersey for one last time in this year's Olympics. After the Olympics, I think we won't be seeing them again with the Iran NT.
    As I said, Iran is in a decline. They will loss their big 3 soon in kamrani,bahrami, and hadaddi.

Philippines and Japan are the rising powerhouses in Asia

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    But with yakchali, jamshidi, kazemi and geramipoor, i think iran is in the good hands now.
    Nah. They are not even in half of what kamrani,bahrami,hadaddi can do.

They are just role players in iran. It will be tough for them to fill the big 3 role immediately

Australia 6-0
    New Zealand 4-2
    Guam 2-4
    Hong Kong 0-6

This is an obvious and expected outcome in this bracket. Nobody can touch Australia even New Zealand unless the aussies themselves decide to go younger with their rookies and their youth players. But obviously, they will send the same line up the played for them in the qualifying windows. Therefore, expect them to be a strong team.

New Zealand might a mix of veterans and youth players. Sir Analyzed might have a better in sight but regardless, i don't see winning against Australia in their 2 matches.

Guam has a slim chance to win against Tall Blacks but might lose for sure. They can match up Tall Blacks in terms of size and physicality though. However, Guam does not stand a chance against Boomers. Aussies are too much in size, skills and experience for Guam.

Hong Kong will be the minnows here. Expect them not have a single win here.

Haddadi can still play until 2023.. he is still in good condition and like Fadi el khatib and Luis scola eh he is the inspiration of Iranian basketball..

That's a given bro. Iran will surely dominate with Hadadi & Bharami in tow.

But I see Saudi Arabia emerging 2nd place in this group. I see the Saudis besting Qatar & Syria. Saudi ending up with a 3-3 win-loss record
    That's why I'm rooting for them and be able to qualify until 2nd round of world cup qualifiers.. it's means possible gilas Vs Saudi here at Jeddah.. we all know how many pinoys here at Jeddah.. pinoys here are hungry to watch a gilas game here live.. me also will watch that if it will happend.. I'm here at Jeddah..

On NZ assistant coach Pero Cameron has been promoted as interim coach for Feb window and the June OQT, so as not disrupt the cohesion developed.
    Of note is the NZ Breakers (that has Ngatai, Loe, Abercombrie, Rustbach and Delaney as TB players) are unlikely to make the NBL playoffs, so there season ends mid February. The logical thing would be to use those players to form the core for the February window.
    Together with the NZ NBL players available ( Kenny, Taane etc)

The US college players and pros playing overseas (Webster bros, Fotu etc are unlikely to be available this February

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    That's why I'm rooting for them and be able to qualify until 2nd round of world cup qualifiers.. it's means possible gilas Vs Saudi here at Jeddah.. we all know how many pinoys here at Jeddah.. pinoys here are hungry to watch a gilas game here live.. me also will watch that if it will happend.. I'm here at Jeddah..
    Australia thinks they can avoid the pinoy crowd in UAE. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    On NZ assistant coach Pero Cameron has been promoted as interim coach for Feb window and the June OQT, so as not disrupt the cohesion developed.
    Of note is the NZ Breakers (that has Ngatai, Loe, Abercombrie, Rustbach and Delaney as TB players) are unlikely to make the NBL playoffs, so there season ends mid February. The logical thing would be to use those players to form the core for the February window.
    Together with the NZ NBL players available ( Kenny, Taane etc)

The US college players and pros playing overseas (Webster bros, Fotu etc are unlikely to be available this February
    Oh. So new zealand also have that "interim coach thing"

And wait a minute, when will gilas start practicing? I know we can beat indons and thais easily, but they need to see the right combinations, and the fit system to play

less than a month before ACQ no interim coach yet for gilas hehe

Quote Originally Posted by elleroch View Post
    less than a month before ACQ no interim coach yet for gilas hehe
    They probably have one already cause who could have named those 24 players in the pool unless BSP chose all 24 without consent of a coach, they haven't announced it yet maybe for drama purposes, see everything that happens in our basketball has to be dramatic. even choosing the final 12 has to be done in an event with every single player chosen called out one-by-one.

Atm, it looks like Sydney, Perth, Cairns and Brisbane make the aus nbl semi finals, none of those guys in the top 4 will be playing Asia qualifiers. NZ won’t make it so they should only be down a few players from there normal roster.

Nz missing Kenny, Te Rangi, Vukona, Britt, Harrison
    Aus missing Bogut, Cooks, Newley, Kickert, Kay, Moller, Lisch, Sobey, Gliddon, Cadee, Hodgson, Magnay, Noi, Djeric

No NBA or Euro guys available.

Therefore, both very depleted sides.

NZ...

Ili / ?
    Rusbatch / ?
    Abercrombie / Ngatai / Harris
    Delaney / Smith-Milner / Vodanovich
    Loe / Pledger

AUS...

Mccarron / Naar
    Goulding / Dech / Glover
    Blanchfield / Drmic
    Creek / Barlow / Froling
    Pineau / Hodgson

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    They probably have one already cause who could have named those 24 players in the pool unless BSP chose all 24 without consent of a coach, they haven't announced it yet maybe for drama purposes, see everything that happens in our basketball has to be dramatic. even choosing the final 12 has to be done in an event with every single player chosen called out one-by-one.
    And that is really gayish and stupid, realtalk. Imo, it is only that has those drama im just naming 12 players. Even team usa does not do that.

Quote Originally Posted by reptilia View Post
    Atm, it looks like Sydney, Perth, Cairns and Brisbane make the aus nbl semi finals, none of those guys in the top 4 will be playing Asia qualifiers. NZ won’t make it so they should only be down a few players from there normal roster.

Nz missing Kenny, Te Rangi, Vukona, Britt, Harrison
    Aus missing Bogut, Cooks, Newley, Kickert, Kay, Moller, Lisch, Sobey, Gliddon, Cadee, Hodgson, Magnay, Noi, Djeric

No NBA or Euro guys available.

Therefore, both very depleted sides.

NZ...

Ili / ?
    Rusbatch / ?
    Abercrombie / Ngatai / Harris
    Delaney / Smith-Milner / Vodanovich
    Loe / Pledger

AUS...

Mccarron / Naar
    Goulding / Dech / Glover
    Blanchfield / Drmic
    Creek / Barlow / Froling
    Pineau / Hodgson
    No brandt, broekhoff, brock, bairstow?

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    From consistent slow moves by SBP. I will not be shock if gilas will play without a coach.lol ��

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    No brandt, broekhoff, brock, bairstow?
    Brandt, Bairstow, Motum etc are playing in Europe. Broekhoff is in the nba with the Mavericks.

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Oh. So new zealand also have that "interim coach thing"

And wait a minute, when will gilas start practicing? I know we can beat indons and thais easily, but they need to see the right combinations, and the fit system to play
    Why not invite Guam in Philippine soil and make a tune up games here? Guam will accept this invitation for sure before they will go to Hong Kong.. while our team will have good tune up games before playing vs Thais and Indons..

Japan could be parade their next naturalized player in future FIBA competitions...

https://basketballtop5.com/news/deta...RNI_Mk5TwSOvg0

Quote Originally Posted by reptilia View Post
    Brandt, Bairstow, Motum etc are playing in Europe. Broekhoff is in the nba with the Mavericks.
    They'll definitely add size, strength and experience to boomers. Sayang.

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Why not invite Guam in Philippine soil and make a tune up games here? Guam will accept this invitation for sure before they will go to Hong Kong.. while our team will have good tune up games before playing vs Thais and Indons..
    Good idea. For sure, they will knowing that the Philippines is closer to Hong Kong and a quality team as per their standards.

Page 79 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast