No announcement yet.

Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamshidi and Bahrami aint that fast. But they're coordinated enough to have high dribbling ability. Again goes down to fundamentals. They play sg and SF most of their life and at their height of 6'6" or taller.

Comment

• Originally posted by allmight View Post
      Jamshidi and Bahrami aint that fast. But they're coordinated enough to have high dribbling ability. Again goes down to fundamentals. They play sg and SF most of their life and at their height of 6'6" or taller.
      Who said Jamshidi is 6-foot-6? Didn't he pass as a PBA Asian import a couple of years back when the height limit for Asian import was 6-foot-3?

Just kidding!

On a serious note, I think jamshidi is around 6-foot-4 +
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by ccharmed View Post
        Both parks and thirdy are too slow for sg and sf positions at fiba level. Both do not use their strength to physically finish their plays even when encountering hard fouls.

We should require wing positions to move very fluidly at in-out-in plays at high speed like a castro or pringle.

What is worrying is that pinoy coaches dont mind if sgs and forwards are stupidly slow, when in fact they must be even quicker than point guards, particularly when tirelessly moving without the ball in creating or closing opportunistic gaps, as wings are the ones who are supposed to break down enemy defensive and offensive plays at the crucial perimeter zone.

Point guards can be slower than wings, as productive and error-free passing and assists are their vital contributions. This is why point forwards and point centers can still be potent weapons.

There seems to be a local coach's very flawed belief that positions 1 to 5 are sliding scales for allowed transitions from very quick to very slow players, and very smart to very dumb players. The root of american and serbian strength is that they never tolerate slow and dumb nt players. This is why i really get furious when local or bcap coaches are used for national teams. They, historically, never develop and PERFECT planned plays.
        Parks yes but I have to respectfully disagree with regards to Thirdy. His explosion is similar to CJ Perez the way they attack the basket. Pareho pa above the rim to go for a layup.

Also, for Jamshidi. I don't think he is a threat like Bahrami. Yakchali maybe, we haven't checked that dude yet. But Jamshidi, he played in the PBA before and that dude although is decent but a chucker. Not efficient enough like Bahrami and Yakchali. Reason why he was yanked in Meralco, and asked for a release. Chris Newsome was outplaying that dude during his PBA stint.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccharmed View Post
          Both parks and thirdy are too slow for sg and sf positions at fiba level. Both do not use their strength to physically finish their plays even when encountering hard fouls.

We should require wing positions to move very fluidly at in-out-in plays at high speed like a castro or pringle.

What is worrying is that pinoy coaches dont mind if sgs and forwards are stupidly slow, when in fact they must be even quicker than point guards, particularly when tirelessly moving without the ball in creating or closing opportunistic gaps, as wings are the ones who are supposed to break down enemy defensive and offensive plays at the crucial perimeter zone.

Point guards can be slower than wings, as productive and error-free passing and assists are their vital contributions. This is why point forwards and point centers can still be potent weapons.

There seems to be a local coach's very flawed belief that positions 1 to 5 are sliding scales for allowed transitions from very quick to very slow players, and very smart to very dumb players. The root of american and serbian strength is that they never tolerate slow and dumb nt players. This is why i really get furious when local or bcap coaches are used for national teams. They, historically, never develop and PERFECT planned plays.
          Thirdy will be played as a combo guard in San-En Phoenix. He's young enough and smart enough to make the transition.

Comment

• For me, Thirdy Ravena is almost a mini Lebron James - basically an athletic all around player. he can shoot threes as seen in his last UAAP season, he can drive hard to the basket, has decent dribbling skills (of course not PG skills), plays decent defense.. just be more efficient is what thirdy needs to do and of course consistency..

what I think thirdy can be is to be the Russell Westbrook of Japan and Asia.. that's what I can see.. a power guard.. and i think he will excel and dominate because I haven't seen a power guard in a long time in Asia (especially Japan - except for imports)..

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
              Base on the strength and potential of these teams in this decade (2020-2029), This is the possible rank potentially:

1.) Australia - No need to introduce, they can put all NBA players if they want.. too much talent to handle.. Hands down top team in Asia/Pacific
              2.) Japan - w/ Hachimura in town, they are the best Asian team (not including Oceania/Pacific teams).. and maybe can challenge Australia as the top Asia/Pacific team, even the latter is in full form..
              3.) Philippines - Kai Sotto is bound for greatness, For sure he will lead Gilas into their golden generation, but they have tons of young talents to support Kai Sotto.. Their frustration in past will become excitement for Gilas..
              4.) New Zealand - These team is sure a top contender, a veteran team and lots of veteran players and veteran in international stage.. They are tough to beat..
              5.) Iran - Mark my word.. Haddadi can play until 2025 - 2027.. He is the Asian version of Luis Scola.. Hats off to him.. A truly legend.. I hope FIBA will make him in the Hall of fame somewhere in the future..
              6.) China - A very strong team, but the biggest challenge for them is how can they manage to fit their big players into the modern basketball world (small ball era).. I would not surprise if they finally hire a naturalized player somewhere in this decade... They did it in their football team.. They can also do it in their basketball team..
              7.) S. Korea - Whatever happens, Korea is still Korea in terms of basketball.. they can beat anybody if they are shooting lights out.. good system plus discipline players whoever will be in their roster..
              8.) Guam - They are considered as the Puerto Rico version in Asia/Pacific.. playing American style with some of them develop in the US.. They have talent.. all they need is more experience playing together internationally and chemistry..
              9.) Jordan - They have Al- Dwairi as their tower of power.. He is one of the Asia's best player this decade..
              10.) Lebanon - Strong Dark horse team.. Hoping for their another version of Lebanese Tiger (El - Khatib) this decade
              11.) Indonesia - I put them here because of their potential.. I see some of their young players are destined to become a national treasure in their team.. One of them is Derrick Michael.. He will led his country into their golden generation of Indonesian basketball..
              12.) Taiwan - A very typical East Asian team.. they have potential, good and skilled guards but someones lacking at them!! A big man.. They need a big man (a skilled one) to become relevant again in Asian scene..
              13.) Kazakhstan - A dark horse team.. They can beat any team in a given night (Tell coach Yeng Guiao).. hehehehehehe!!
              14.) Palestine - This is Sani Sakakini's team.. Whatever he can do, same as for their team.. He is (for me) a top 5 best Asian players today..
              15.) Saudi Arabia - Good team, a young team.. I want to see them how they reach their full potential..
              Im filipino and 100% Philippines but no way with the state of our current basketball program, are better than NZ, Iran and maybe even China. You cant disregard NZ just like that who continuously produces overseas players. Also China has a better program than us. Its just that they dont rely too much on foreign talent/minds but focus on their own. Imagine if they did rely on a foreign coach and a naturalized player sometime between 2020-2029. So I’d put Philippines somewhere between top 5-7.

Comment

• Originally posted by zuma169 View Post
                For me, Thirdy Ravena is almost a mini Lebron James - basically an athletic all around player. he can shoot threes as seen in his last UAAP season, he can drive hard to the basket, has decent dribbling skills (of course not PG skills), plays decent defense.. just be more efficient is what thirdy needs to do and of course consistency..

what I think thirdy can be is to be the Russell Westbrook of Japan and Asia.. that's what I can see.. a power guard.. and i think he will excel and dominate because I haven't seen a power guard in a long time in Asia (especially Japan - except for imports)..
                Not trying to hype Thirdy but yeah an Asian Westbrook version why not. I haven't see a Filipino player as well that has some kind of physique and cuts like Thirdy. Bonus na tayo sa work ethic and discipline sa katawan ng bata.

Comment

China and new Zealand has a great players and great program, but they haven't players who has skilled and potential in their youth program like hachimura and sotto.. these two are franchise player material.. a game changer in their team.. we saw that already what Kai and hachimura give in their youth teams..
                  Then I say go look up NZ’s 6’5 PG Taine Murray 18, 6’8 SF Tafara Gapare 17 if that’s not franchise player potential.

For China they literally have players across the world. They have a player in ANBL 6’4 G Terry Li, and about 100 more in the US in High School and College.

Come on be realistic we have our first legit NBA prospect(Not Parks, Ravena) in Kai Sotto and we suddenly think we’re the 3rd best country in Asia. Meanwhile China and NZ has continuously sent legit NBA prospects almost every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by qwertyz View Post
                    Then I say go look up NZ’s 6’5 PG Taine Murray 18, 6’8 SF Tafara Gapare 17 if that’s not franchise player potential.

For China they literally have players across the world. They have a player in ANBL 6’4 G Terry Li, and about 100 more in the US in High School and College.

Come on be realistic we have our first legit NBA prospect(Not Parks, Ravena) in Kai Sotto and we suddenly think we’re the 3rd best country in Asia. Meanwhile China and NZ has continuously sent legit NBA prospects almost every year.
                    Asia's top 9 teams :

(1) Australia - No further explanation.They have Qualified for the Olympics

(2) Iran -Qualified for Olympics

(3) China -has beaten Iran in the Asian Games but failed to qualiy in the Olympics

(4) New Zealand - Has beaten Australia in the Qualifiers

(5) South Korea - probably the 3rd best team sans Australia and New Zealand

(6) Japan - has beaten Australia in the Qualifiers. NBA and G League talents

(7) Philippines - world level youth team experience

(8) Jordan - Qualified for the world cup

(9) Lebanon - Has beaten China in the Qualifiers but has not qualified in the last FIBA world Cup

*The order of countries does not necessarily put them in a higher rank than the other team.
                    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                      Asia's top 9 teams :

(1) Australia - No further explanation.They have Qualified for the Olympics

(2) Iran -Qualified for Olympics

(3) China -has beaten Iran in the Asian Games but failed to qualiy in the Olympics

(4) New Zealand - Has beaten Australia in the Qualifiers

(5) South Korea - probably the 3rd best team sans Australia and New Zealand

(6) Japan - has beaten Australia in the Qualifiers. NBA and G League talents

(7) Philippines - world level youth team experience

(8) Jordan - Qualified for the world cup

(9) Lebanon - Has beaten China in the Qualifiers but has not qualified in the last FIBA world Cup

*The order of countries does not necessarily put them in a higher rank than the other team.
                      I would put Japan at number 5 other than that this list is pretty much spot on.
                      #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

• Originally posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
                        I would put Japan at number 5 other than that this list is pretty much spot on.
                        i think thats the 9 best Asian teams and not necessarily in order with their Fiba ranking
                        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Pinoy Basketball NBA Dream?Why still now there is no full breed Filipino playing in the NBA?
                          Do you want to save big bucks for a T-shirt👕?Hurry up for our Online Store Promo,Our Volt Design T-shirt has Some Old Stocks T-shirts that are selling for 49 Pesos plus 79 pesos Shipping fee nationwide.🛵COD within Metro Manila is available,Pay 79 pesos shipping fee first on Provincial COD.Order Now!!🥰
                          Buy here👉https://www.pinoyhoopz.com/promo.html

Comment

This is currently rank.. I also put it that way today.. but in the next 5 years it will be different.. Iran will go down maybe some places after haddadi's retirement.. China will also go down because their current players are bust (Zhou qi and Wang zhelin).. while Korea and new Zealand while not change.. Japan will rise with continuous improvement of hachimura and Watanabe, also their next in line naturalized player is better (rossiter) is better than fazekas.. same with us with continuous improvement of Kai sotto.. Guam will make it to the top 8 team due to their overseas players.. they have also next in line player prospects to their national team and their eligibility rules are little bit relax than other teams because they are only territory (not independent nation).. and also keen on Indonesia's young prospects.. they have also potential to become a better players and could be a golden generation of Indonesian basketball...
                            China will go down? Zhou Qi might be an NBA bust but he is not an international bust. You also have to be aware that Philippines is not the only country that is producing tall, athletic and skilled promising prospects. China has over 10 overseas trained homegrowns who are below 21. We have Kai, Edu, Dalph, Tuffin(23) Thirdy(24).China has Terry Li, Guo Hawen, Harold Yu, Michael Wang, Fanbo Zheng, Sun Haoqin who are all still young and probably way more that aren’t getting the spotlight playing in smaller high schools and colleges.

New Zealand with their continuous program and openness to go globally will not stay the same. Their u16 SF 6’8 Tafara Gapare already committed to George Washington. Our u16 SF Lebron Lopez is going where? TSF through EWP? They also have Ben Gold, Taine Murray and a big Levic Kerr. They also had a couple of U19 players last year who went overseas.

Come on. Just cause we have 1 Kai Sotto doesn’t mean we can already disregard all these prospects from other countries. Whom they homegrowned themselves. Not just asking them to get a passport before 16. They really produced these guys. Look at Japan they still struggled against world class teams even if they had 3-5 Players with some sort of NBA experience

1. Australia
                            2. New Zealand
                            3. Japan
                            4. China
                            5. Iran
                            6. South Korea
                            7. Philippines
                            8. Jordan
                            9. Guam
                            10. India (they have a couple of international players currently)

Comment

Let's see.. but I'm sticking to my post.. by the way, I don't see India has potential to make it top 10, maybe a top 15 eh I still doubt.. Indonesia has more potential than India to make the top 10 list.. their young guns have more potential than Indian youth squad..
                              Nothing wrong to support Philippines but you have to accept the fact that we might be 30 years behind all the other countries. Especially with the amount of Politics. PBA and NCAA going backwards. You cant just say that NZ, China and Iran will remain the same or go down because Philippines has Kai Sotto. As if those countries don’t produce twice as much international prospects than us.

Maybe India and Indonesia will be somehow the same. India has Satnam Singh, Princepal Singh, Amjyot Singh, Amritpal Singh.

Comment

Let's see.. but I'm sticking to my post.. by the way, I don't see India has potential to make it top 10, maybe a top 15 eh I still doubt.. Indonesia has more potential than India to make the top 10 list.. their young guns have more potential than Indian youth squad..

India has tons of potential, similar to Africa certain parts of India have tall and athletic people. The sport is growing as well though they are still behind in skill and tactics but with the he population of 1billion it’s not a surprise that they could surpass a lot of countries quickly once they get going.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information