Page 72 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2337

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

  1. #1421
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,100
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    You make it appear that Tenorio had stellar World Cup? While he can score he was eaten alive in defense.... His moment of glory last WC was that sneaky punch on the Greek player... As bad Kiefer defensively as you may potray him, he was not abused defensively as Lee or Barroca were assfcked by opponent..
    He is not stellar but not bad as kiefer. Come on compare the performance of tenorio in 2014, and kiefer in 2019 Fiba world cup.
    Kiefer produce haters because of his terrible performance. La atleast have a good gamr against puerto rico. He scores against an nba caliber player in jj barea.

    Kiefer's man always get pass him. La has better basketball IQ than kiefer. La is a better leader. And a better playmaker.

    Kiefer is a better scorer but he is not consistent. He doesnt have the same impact as tenorio,alapag, and. castro is.

    And as I said. Guards are our weapon in the past. Nba scouts even notice castro,alapag, and tenorio.

    They did not even care about kiefer. Besides kiefer in US is nit even enough to crack the rotation.

    Again I always say Kiefer is a GREAT PBA player, but he lacks the dynamics to be a gilas playmaker

  2. #1422
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,100
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Tenorio was bad at the Worlds level. He was simply too small. He didnt have a deep 3 so he was easily chased out. He was too small, when he drove he was in no mans land. He would drive in the middle and stop because he couldnt go anywhere.

    On defense he was treated like a child by opposing guards. Opponents would routinely pass the ball over him because he couldnt reach it. It was easy to penetrate the paint and throw a pass in the perimeter as if LA wasnt there.
    Well same with kiefer. Besided kiefer brick shots.
    .
    Atleast La is a good shooter. Kiefer is not.


    To be honest if kiefer has the outside shooting and playmaking of alapag. He will be the best fit for gilas. Unfortunately he hasnt

  3. #1423
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,100
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Well Bollick got his points mostly during garbage time when the ouycome was all but settled and defenses not as stringent, remember Bollick in Yengs rotation was the Third atring PG after Barroca, Kiefer and then Bollick...Bollick was good but his points was skewed as it was mostly scored during garbage time when he dont have to set the plays anymore but just to score and run up the score as rhe defenses were lax already...
    Terrible decision by coach yeng. Kiefer was exposed in world cup.

    Bolick and perez always starts a comeback only to be stopped by coach yeng putting in kiefer.

    And although I didnt check it. I am sure Kiefer was among the worse + /- in that tournament

  4. #1424
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,001
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    He is not stellar but not bad as kiefer. Come on compare the performance of tenorio in 2014, and kiefer in 2019 Fiba world cup.
    Kiefer produce haters because of his terrible performance. La atleast have a good gamr against puerto rico. He scores against an nba caliber player in jj barea.

    Kiefer's man always get pass him. La has better basketball IQ than kiefer. La is a better leader. And a better playmaker.

    Kiefer is a better scorer but he is not consistent. He doesnt have the same impact as tenorio,alapag, and. castro is.

    And as I said. Guards are our weapon in the past. Nba scouts even notice castro,alapag, and tenorio.

    They did not even care about kiefer. Besides kiefer in US is nit even enough to crack the rotation.

    Again I always say Kiefer is a GREAT PBA player, but he lacks the dynamics to be a gilas playmaker
    http://www.fiba.basketball/asiachamp...r-Isaac-Ravena

    avg 20.6 ppg 3.1 rpg 3.1 assists 53% fg, 35 % 3 pt fg 19.9 eff in fiba asia champions cup

  5. #1425
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,001
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Well same with kiefer. Besided kiefer brick shots.
    .
    Atleast La is a good shooter. Kiefer is not.


    To be honest if kiefer has the outside shooting and playmaking of alapag. He will be the best fit for gilas. Unfortunately he hasnt
    then tab baldwin and dickel made a wrong decision then..

  6. #1426
    Senior Member Alex07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    bahay
    Posts
    8,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Romeo will always be a gunslinger, his passes are pilit and not ninstinctive, yun bang dapat itira pinapasa at ang dapat ipasa tinitira... Romeo is a damaged good, as good as he is offensively, he is unstable mentaly, parang si Abueva...Napipikon if he cant have his way.. Have you seen how he fought with his coach while at Northporth... Hindi lang sia makapag astig sa SMB coz Santis, Nabong and Tubid will eat him alive literally. Do you want that type of guy in your team, it will create problem with your chemistry...
    i disagree.although he had problems with tnt i dont think he cant play in a system.he was actually a very good playmaker against Taiwan last year and was giving Junmar very good looks near the basket.Although he will always be a scorer he has improved on his shot selection since he joined the gilas team.trade him to northport again and he and Standhardinger will take the team to the semis again(at least).

  7. #1427
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,001
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    He is not stellar but not bad as kiefer. Come on compare the performance of tenorio in 2014, and kiefer in 2019 Fiba world cup.
    Kiefer produce haters because of his terrible performance. La atleast have a good gamr against puerto rico. He scores against an nba caliber player in jj barea.

    Kiefer's man always get pass him. La has better basketball IQ than kiefer. La is a better leader. And a better playmaker.

    Kiefer is a better scorer but he is not consistent. He doesnt have the same impact as tenorio,alapag, and. castro is.

    And as I said. Guards are our weapon in the past. Nba scouts even notice castro,alapag, and tenorio.

    They did not even care about kiefer. Besides kiefer in US is nit even enough to crack the rotation.

    Again I always say Kiefer is a GREAT PBA player, but he lacks the dynamics to be a gilas playmaker
    he didn’t apply for g league draft.. just a practice player..

    give him a break.. he was away from the game 18 months.. anyone will play bad from a long lay off like that.. everything is off for kiefer. in the first place CYG shouldn’t include him..

  8. #1428
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,100
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    he didn’t apply for g league draft.. just a practice player..

    give him a break.. he was away from the game 18 months.. anyone will play bad from a long lay off like that.. everything is off for kiefer. in the first place CYG shouldn’t include him..
    Ok. Lets give him a chance. If he will have another bad tournament. Then his game will speal for himself.

    Obviously coach yeng used fiba world cup to conditioned kiefer. Anyone who has EYES can see that.

  9. #1429
    Senior Member fadzki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,904
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Ok. Lets give him a chance. If he will have another bad tournament. Then his game will speal for himself.

    Obviously coach yeng used fiba world cup to conditioned kiefer. Anyone who has EYES can see that.
    Best kiefer Ravena was the one who played against Japan(home) and Australia (away) in the FIBA World Cup Qualifiers last year, The recent Governor's Cup showed he is still one of the country's best PG.

  10. #1430
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,072
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Well same with kiefer. Besided kiefer brick shots.
    .
    Atleast La is a good shooter. Kiefer is not.


    To be honest if kiefer has the outside shooting and playmaking of alapag. He will be the best fit for gilas. Unfortunately he hasnt
    Kiefer is at least 3-4 inches taller than LA and is more athletic. Even at his prime, LA could never dunk.

  11. #1431
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,001
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    From Twitter

    ESPN5
    .@jerichoXcruz: Of course it’s a blessing. Every player would want to play internationally. One of my dreams talaga is to play for the PH but luck isn’t on my side here. And I know it’s gonna be a great experience too, so I can carry it over when I play for NLEX. | @frauey

    ESPN5
    Cruz: On being cleared by NLEX: Just exchange of emails between boss Ronald & Coach EJ, head coach of Guam. So far the conversations are doing good but they need to consider a lot of things before they can finally decide. Whatever decision will be, I will respect that. | @frauey

  12. #1432
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,100
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    Kiefer is at least 3-4 inches taller than LA and is more athletic. Even at his prime, LA could never dunk.
    Dunk is nothing in international basketball.

    Kiefer shooting 30-35% 3ptfg is not good. If kiefer will not work on his shooting, he will not fit in gilas

  13. #1433
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,100
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    From Twitter

    ESPN5
    .@jerichoXcruz: Of course it’s a blessing. Every player would want to play internationally. One of my dreams talaga is to play for the PH but luck isn’t on my side here. And I know it’s gonna be a great experience too, so I can carry it over when I play for NLEX. | @frauey

    ESPN5
    Cruz: On being cleared by NLEX: Just exchange of emails between boss Ronald & Coach EJ, head coach of Guam. So far the conversations are doing good but they need to consider a lot of things before they can finally decide. Whatever decision will be, I will respect that. | @frauey
    If only our prospects is like the mentality of jericho.

    Jericho knows he will not be part of philippine team. So he settles for guam.

    Sage, Artest Ballungay, etc must have the mentality of cruz. They have no chamce in team usa. They muat settle for gilas

  14. #1434
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pampanga, Phil
    Posts
    4,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    He is not stellar but not bad as kiefer. Come on compare the performance of tenorio in 2014, and kiefer in 2019 Fiba world cup.
    Kiefer produce haters because of his terrible performance. La atleast have a good gamr against puerto rico. He scores against an nba caliber player in jj barea.

    Kiefer's man always get pass him. La has better basketball IQ than kiefer. La is a better leader. And a better playmaker.

    Kiefer is a better scorer but he is not consistent. He doesnt have the same impact as tenorio,alapag, and. castro is.

    And as I said. Guards are our weapon in the past. Nba scouts even notice castro,alapag, and tenorio.

    They did not even care about kiefer. Besides kiefer in US is nit even enough to crack the rotation.

    Again I always say Kiefer is a GREAT PBA player, but he lacks the dynamics to be a gilas playmaker
    So what if LA had hia moment of glory against Barea, Gilas lost in that game... While La scored against Barea but Barea and the other PR guards scored off him more. Besides as great as LA maybe, hewont have any role anymore for Gilas moving forward, for Ravena who is just 25, he can still contributor for Gilas...Just because your favorite player was not included in the lineup, gives us the right to disparage other players who sacrificed their time, effort, life and limb for Gilas...

  15. #1435
    Senior Member NOiNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,406
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    If only our prospects is like the mentality of jericho.

    Jericho knows he will not be part of philippine team. So he settles for guam.

    Sage, Artest Ballungay, etc must have the mentality of cruz. They have no chamce in team usa. They muat settle for gilas
    I don’t think making team USA is these kids primary goal in opting to stay. It’s the NBA, where the money is.

    The only one who has a realistic chance of making the USA senior nt in the future is Jalen Green. Others are highly unlikely, even Hepa who made the youth age group.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

  16. #1436
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pampanga, Phil
    Posts
    4,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Dunk is nothing in international basketball.

    Kiefer shooting 30-35% 3ptfg is not good. If kiefer will not work on his shooting, he will not fit in gilas
    What was Tenorio's FG? For sure it was not 50%... While dunking is nothing, vertical leap is needed in defending...I dont know if youve watch the World Cup, among our Guards it was Kiefer who defended good enoigj, we was not abused whatsoever, you see he used his body to prevent the player his guarding from getying into the post...

  17. #1437
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pampanga, Phil
    Posts
    4,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    i disagree.although he had problems with tnt i dont think he cant play in a system.he was actually a very good playmaker against Taiwan last year and was giving Junmar very good looks near the basket.Although he will always be a scorer he has improved on his shot selection since he joined the gilas team.trade him to northport again and he and Standhardinger will take the team to the semis again(at least).
    Depends on the role that the coach want to invision of Romeo... If you want a scorer, 5-9 COMBO guard, you go for Romeo but if you want a facilitator type of Guard Romeo wont be that guy. For Gilas who has lots of good scorer in 2023 like Clarkson, Kai, Edu, Martin, one ball is not enough if Romeo is your PG
    ..

  18. #1438
    Senior Member NOiNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,406
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I am a staunch Romeo supporter for the NT. Guy is instant offense and ideal for a 6th man role.

    However, for 2023 I think we have better options. I think he vastly improved as a facilitator, his rapport with Junemar in his last Gilas stint was impressive. His defense improved too, it was visible in his PBA FInals MVP performance and even in his TnT days. But with upcoming younger guards that could provide length on the backcourt without sacrificing much, I think we should gear towards them as it brings more positive dynamics to the team than having a prolific scorer and a decent playmaker in Romeo.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

  19. #1439
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,100
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    So what if LA had hia moment of glory against Barea, Gilas lost in that game... While La scored against Barea but Barea and the other PR guards scored off him more. Besides as great as LA maybe, hewont have any role anymore for Gilas moving forward, for Ravena who is just 25, he can still contributor for Gilas...Just because your favorite player was not included in the lineup, gives us the right to disparage other players who sacrificed their time, effort, life and limb for Gilas...
    I am not saying La must be chosen over kiefer now. I am comparing the 2014 LA to 2019 kiefer. I am explaining my points about kiefer to them by comparing him to the past guards of former version of gilas.

    And even Im an ginebra fan, La is not one of my favorite player. But I cant accept that you are all saying Kiefer is a better playmaker and efficient than La.

    As you said atleast La give a score. But he also scores.

    As for kiefer, he let his man scores, while he also brick shots.

  20. #1440
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,100
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    What was Tenorio's FG? For sure it was not 50%... While dunking is nothing, vertical leap is needed in defending...I dont know if youve watch the World Cup, among our Guards it was Kiefer who defended good enoigj, we was not abused whatsoever, you see he used his body to prevent the player his guarding from getying into the post...
    http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...14/Philippines

    Well. La tenorio has 57% 3pfg. Compare that to kiefer 35% 3pfg.

    In the post only?. But when his matchup face up on him. He is easily passed. Italy,Serbia, Even Angola expose kiefers weak perimeter defense

Page 72 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •