Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    What's wrong with Kazemi and Ahmad Ibrahim of Lebanon as well? Those 2 are the supposed to be torch bearers of their respective national teams. Are they getting the Terrence Romeo treatment?
    Yeah, Ahmad Ibrahim as well. To think that just 7 years ago he was considered to be the successor to Lolo Fadi while Arakji was a rookie PG who looks and plays like Goran Dragic. Now, Lebanon is basically Arakji's team and Ibrahim is nowhere to be found.
    Originally posted by gideon
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• On another note, can't help but feel for Thailand. Forced to bear the brunt of the bubble, forced to bring just 10 men. Tough outing. Hope they can bounce back.

They do have a good prospect in Jakrawan, though. Bright future for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
        On another note, can't help but feel for Thailand. Forced to bear the brunt of the bubble, forced to bring just 10 men. Tough outing. Hope they can bounce back.

They do have a good prospect in Jakrawan, though. Bright future for them.
        As mentioned by a previous comment, wala kasing mahihita sa kanila ang FIBA eh. Thailand is just not that into basketball, they are more into football and volleyball. Meanwhile, basketball in Indonesia is getting more popular and that's why FIBA is thinking of tapping into that market.

But who knows, if their NT with Jakrawan and Lamb becomes more successful then their basketball scene might more popular like how football became popular in the Philippines for a few years when the Azkals performed The Miracle in Hanoi back in 2010.
        Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• Looks like Groups B, C, and F will be playing 4-5 games in the next window with China playing 6 because they haven't played any in this qualifiers.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
            Maybe we will be Korea at that time when Korea will be exhausted due to fatigue..
            That's where we can catch Korea, when they're tired playing so many games in such a short period of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
              That's where we can catch Korea, when they're tired playing so many games in such a short period of time.

So you already giving the Koreans the excuse why they will lose,If I had my way to really gauge the quality and skills of Gilas,is for SBP to ask FIBA to give the Koreans 5 days to rest,now a win will be more tasteful,and if they lose then its back to the drawing board.

Comment

• Some of his passes were almost turnovers but you can see he can pass though, but it’s also been said already but he needs to work on his handles, he almost loses the ball multiple times

Comment

• Shot well in both games, I don’t know if he can play defense though, he kind of moves and runs like CStand

Comment

• Originally posted by ARMIR View Post
                    So you already giving the Koreans the excuse why they will lose,If I had my way to really gauge the quality and skills of Gilas,is for SBP to ask FIBA to give the Koreans 5 days to rest,now a win will be more tasteful,and if they lose then its back to the drawing board.
                    If you recall, in 2013 Korea played Qatar at 10:30 pm then played Gilas at 8pm the next night. I recall some fans were like PH as the hosts scheduled Korea's QF match that late on purpose because they know a semis matchup with them is inevitable, but I personally did not know that at the time, I was like it's just a scheduling quirk and Korea can still ball regardless of schedule anyway.

I am not saying they lost back then because they only had ~18 hours of rest because KOR/PHI was a close game of runs, I am just saying playing 4 games in 5 days might have some effect on the Koreans that we can capitalize but it is not a guarantee that we will beat them even if they are that tired.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                      Agree. His handles is better than this, though. But yeah, definitely needs to tighten them up.

More of Javi, please. Suddenly another contender for the wing position.
                      Yeah, that dribbling fumble that Oftana committed in the 2nd half could be a result of the long lay-off
                      Last edited by JAMSKIE; 11-30-2020, 09:17 PM.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
                        As I been saying Iran without Hadadai is beatable. Without Barahmi and heady point guard, they are not as elite as before or sure top Asian team. Ofcourse this is one window but they dominance is not anymore sure thing.
                        Here's my take about Iran: without Hadadi & Bahrami who are expected to retire from the NT soon, Iran wouldn't the same strong team in Asian basketball that it is in the last 13 years or so. This is not to say that Iran would just be in the same level as the lower tier Asian teams like Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Palestine, Bahrain, Iraq, etc. I say Iran would still be a good contender for the top 8 Asian teams (I won't include Australia & New Zealand here. Just purely Asian teams).

Hadadi's value with Iran is so significant becoz he anchors Iran in both offense & defense. His impact on the team is both offense & defense.

Bahrami is also the other half of Iran's 1-2 punch & is probably among the best wingman in Asian basketball of all time. But I think Iran could produce somebody who would somehow succeed Bahrami. The same could not be said about Hadadi as it is very hard to develop a 7-footer as highly skilled as Hadadi.
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                          If you recall, in 2013 Korea played Qatar at 10:30 pm then played Gilas at 8pm the next night. I recall some fans were like PH as the hosts scheduled Korea's QF match that late on purpose because they know a semis matchup with them is inevitable, but I personally did not know that at the time, I was like it's just a scheduling quirk and Korea can still ball regardless of schedule anyway.

I am not saying they lost back then because they only had ~18 hours of rest because KOR/PHI was a close game of runs, I am just saying playing 4 games in 5 days might have some effect on the Koreans that we can capitalize but it is not a guarantee that we will beat them even if they are that tired.

Maybe its just me,I get more satisfaction whenever Koreans lose to Gilas in a fair playing field,its alwasy a bitter pill for them to swallow,and the Gilas boys will walkout into the dugout with a swager,feeling that the Koreans played their best and they still bested them.

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
                            Chanatip,Muangboon and Jaisanuk were recommended by BSAT to the B. League when the latter inquired about Thai players whom they think can play according to TK on his twitter post a couple of months ago
                            Spot on! Please check my post #416 lol

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...phoenix/page21 #416

Thailand Basketball League (TBL) are reporting that the Japanese
                            @B_LEAGUE
                            reached out feelers for potential Asian Imports from Thailand in which TBL responded by sending in the portfolios of

Chantip Jakrawan
                            Nattakarn Muangboon
                            Nakorn Jaisanook

Source: tk’s twitter post last dec 2019.
                            No idea what happened as there’s no feedback but chanatip has the more potential talent among the players mentioned.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                              This is exactly what I want to happen - just let this set of bigs playing for Gilas (Go, Balty, Carino).

We can't just put our hopes to Kai, AJ and a naturalized player. Look at Iran and with their dependence of Haddadi. Without him, Iran is in big trouble, especially this window.

I want Go, Balty, and Carino to play as many games as possible for Gilas so that we have a good set of reliable bigs.
                              it goes to show that some posters here doesn't want these bigs (Carino, Go and Balti) to get humiliated by much stronger players (jakwaran or even teereewat) coming from team Gilas always beaten every SEA games. They even want to bring kai and edu in that "what-if", "Should have" situation just to show that Gilas could stop that thai guy. lol
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by spidey102279
                                That's why I said it here in the thread that Kobe needs a skills coach
                                Agree bro. In as much as the coaching staff envisions Kobe to play as a 4 & as a role player who will concentrate on defense, rebounding & hustle, Kobe still needs to polish his offense. A skills coach would definitely help.

The thing is, Kobe has been a scorer since high school & college. Converting Kobe into a purely role player without giving him some leeway to score even a few buckets is like forcing Manny Pacquiao to fight like a Floyd Mayweather. Even if you're playing as a role player, iba pa rin ang feeling if you can score a few buckets from time to time. Mas gaganahan ka mag rebound, mag depensa or mag hustle if you score even some token field goals. Getting 2, 3 or 4 field goals in say 25 mins. of burn while focusing on defense & rebounding would be a good motivation for Kobe playing as a 4.

That is why he really needs to polish his offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information