Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clutchjedi View Post
    I think you mean Chinese-Taipei (whom Japan beat 98-61), not Iran?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Passing and decision making are two different things . RJ can pass better but at this point does not make better choices. Takes time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuck View Post
        Passing and decision making are two different things . RJ can pass better but at this point does not make better choices. Takes time.
        Good point , what's RJs assist to TO?
        I like RJs upside though, as decision making can be learned.

Comment

• Originally posted by clutchjedi View Post
          I think you mean Chinese-Taipei (whom Japan beat 98-61), not Iran?
          Iran..theres highights available in youtube (jobasketball yata) may game sila later uli and sa 27..
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
            I'd like to add Navarro to the core. I think Navarro brings more than just his familiarity with coach Tab's system. I think Navarro is Gilas' best wing defender right now.
            agree. always thought that he would be our best bet to be Gabe's successor. good size at the wing, lockdown d, complete with the inconsistent shooting hehe

Comment

• Originally posted by sroth3839 View Post
              Passing: SJ > RJ

Scoring: RJ > SJ
              Sobrang galing pala ng passing ni SJ, eh solid na kasi assist numbers ni rj even sa fiba asia. What I know is sj is a natural scorer, kataon lang mas malalaki kalaban this level as we cant see him scoring much here..that buzzer beater 3 was a product of scori g instinct extending the one hand banker from three point line

Comment

• What separate Johnny from other Filipino point guards is his ability to swipe the ball on opposing point guards resulting to fast break opportunities, sobrang husay niya sa category na yun

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                  Sobrang galing pala ng passing ni SJ, eh solid na kasi assist numbers ni rj even sa fiba asia. What I know is sj is a natural scorer, kataon lang mas malalaki kalaban this level as we cant see him scoring much here..that buzzer beater 3 was a product of scori g instinct extending the one hand banker from three point line
                  and that smirk of his. sj beldemonio. i mean that in a good way.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                    Good point , what's RJs assist to TO?
                    I like RJs upside though, as decision making can be learned.
                    With RJ, you got a skilled PG with such a high confidence in his game & tremendous guts - things that can't be taught.

Agree with you, whatever flaws in RJ's decision making & approach to the game can be corrected or refined. Its a process that takes time. What is important is that RJ has exhibited promise & potential at this early stage of his career.

BTW, even in that exhibition game vs. China, RJ seems has played well based on Carlo Pamintuan's statements.
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

With RJ, you got a skilled PG with such a high confidence in his game & tremendous guts - things that can't be taught.

Agree with you, whatever flaws in RJ's decision making & approach to the game can be corrected or refined. Its a process that takes time. What is important is that RJ has exhibited promise & potential at this early stage of his career.

BTW, even in that exhibition game vs. China, RJ seems has played well based on Carlo Pamintuan's statements.
                      RJs hustle and gutsy play against those chinese giants were impressive.....imagine, 5'11 guy outrebounding and shooting over a 7'5 player

Comment

What separate Johnny from other Filipino point guards is his ability to swipe the ball on opposing point guards resulting to fast break opportunities, sobrang husay niya sa category na yun
                        Originally posted by Bonifacio View Post
                        RJs hustle and gutsy play against those chinese giants were impressive.....imagine, 5'11 guy outrebounding and shooting over a 7'5 player
                        Yan ang paborito ng mg basketball fans sa china, na headline datinsa chinse basketball page na di lalaro si jason castro sa fiba world cup thats how good jason castro is in the eyes of chinese..

Comment

What separate Johnny from other Filipino point guards is his ability to swipe the ball on opposing point guards resulting to fast break opportunities, sobrang husay niya sa category na yun
                          Pba all time leader in steals
                          sigpic

Comment

As a young boy in the 1990s and early 2000s I didn't understand the game of basketball too well, so how does RJ right now compare to his dad? RJ seems to be looking up as the successor to Jason Castro.
                            Originally posted by gideon
                            Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                              As a young boy in the 1990s and early 2000s I didn't understand the game of basketball too well, so how does RJ right now compare to his dad? RJ seems to be looking up as the successor to Jason Castro.
                              Johnny A is RJ's uncle, not his father.

I say RJ has better 3-point shooting than Johnny A ever had. Though I think Johnny A was quicker & more athletic.

I didn't get to see much of Johnny A's games when he was 21, but I have this feeling that Johnny at 21 didn't have as much confidence in his game as RJ has at present.

I feel if Johnny A played for a Phi team at 21, he would have struggled a bit against the top 3 Asian teams at that time which were China, Korea & Japan

Comment

• Speaking of Iran, ang lakas din nila sa spread no, this game they elading 33-30.. in spreads their 2.9 underdog

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information