Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
    this guy is the potential match up for Tamayo, listed as 6'6 but actually plays bigger than his height,he might not be product ive last game but this guy was the one who contributed in giving a Jordan Clarkson laced Gilas team its load in the Asian games.

Lee Seunghyun is Korea's starting 4. And he is no 6'7. He is 197cm player (around 6'6).

His midrange game is money. Minsan swak, minsan bankshot.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

Comment

• Oy ang bilis ah! I can't believe how fast it got Lower House approval. Hope Senate approves it in time for the 2nd window. I heard it still would need the president's approval. Maybe I have to eat my words when I said that Kouame's naturalization won't be finished in time for the 2nd quarter. Well, I hope I'm going to eat my words
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
        this guy is the potential match up for Tamayo, listed as 6'6 but actually plays bigger than his height,he might not be product ive last game but this guy was the one who contributed in giving a Jordan Clarkson laced Gilas team its load in the Asian games.

If Tamayo does go in, this will be a really tough matchup for him. Test of strength and mobility.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
          Maybe not for Blackwater players but for coaching staff, i will put Nash Racela as one of the assistant coaches.. he has also international experience anyway.. By the way Trollano is there.. I would want to see Trollano to be part of our 2nd window games.. He knows also Tab/Dickel system as he played TNT before he was traded.. He will be a good addition for 2 to 3 spot and also a hardworker...
          Trollano is a good prospect, but that could mean taking away one spot from among Suerte, Bulanadi & perhaps Oftana (I want Oftana to play the 3, period) in the 2 & 3 spots. I want to test the mettle of Suerte, Bulanadi & Oftana in the 2nd window.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Standhardinger would be a big boost to the team IF Northport allows him to play for Gilas. I see him as a difference maker against Thailand. With CStand in tow, we instantly have a significant edge over Thailand in the frontcourt.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
              Trollano is a good prospect, but that could mean taking away one spot from among Suerte, Bulanadi & perhaps Oftana (I want Oftana to play the 3, period) in the 2 & 3 spots. I want to test the mettle of Suerte, Bulanadi & Oftana in the 2nd window.
              Of the three Suerte for me is the weakest link. He's the oldest, shortest, and least athletic. He also posted his stats on a weak team and was given the green light to shoot. He also only got to showcase his talent in one season against players much younger than him..

Comment

better to send an "all amateur" team (with the exception of Greg of course). Best match up for Greg (and Isaac) against Korea will be this guy Jaeseok Jang(#31), 6'9 player from Ulsan Hyundai Mobis Phoebus scored 13 against Indonesia and 10 against Thailand, while the best matchu for Jongkyu Kim is Angelo Kuoame because both are mobile and athletic. It is essential to get both Greg and Kuoame in my opinion, otherwise Gilas will be overwhelmed against Korea on the front court match-up, I would also expect that they will field in Ricardo Ratliffe,if not, it will be more manageable however it doesn't mean they will be considerably weaker, we all know that the bread and butter of the Koreans are their shooters, so Greg and Ange will be a big help on the front court.Ange's defense and Greg's offense will be very vital for the team.

Last edited by Alex07; 10-26-2020, 03:34 AM.
                "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
                  It looks like after Chooks to Go 3x3, Gilas will enter Calambubble....Excited on who will be part of the pool..Interesting part though is the level of fitness of the players considering the almost 8 months lockdown...Were the players given the headsup already.of their possible.inclusion and were they able.to do their personalized strength and conditioning training prior to the Training Camp...Mamaya.lasing lapad ni Marcelo si Go, o kasi taba ni Matt Nieto si Amer lol

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
                    Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                    Of the three Suerte for me is the weakest link. He's the oldest, shortest, and least athletic. He also posted his stats on a weak team and was given the green light to shoot. He also only got to showcase his talent in one season against players much younger than him..
                    Suerte though could be valuable as he can play sports minutes as a PG or as secondary ball carrier in case Sokor press us and Matt and JGDL show their inexperience in handling the press...Besides Allain and Rey has advantage of knowing the system having been part of the Feb pool

Comment

Oy ang bilis ah! I can't believe how fast it got Lower House approval. Hope Senate approves it in time for the 2nd window. I heard it still would need the president's approval. Maybe I have to eat my words when I said that Kouame's naturalization won't be finished in time for the 2nd quarter. Well, I hope I'm going to eat my words
                      Was it already approved in the Congress or Senate just had a parallel Naturalization Law proposed in the Senate..It takes the concurrence of Both Senate and Congress to make into a law which is then should be either signed, Vetoed or Lapsed into a Law after 30days by the President....Connections and grease money should come.intonplay railroad this Naturalization process of Kuoame...

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                        It looks like after Chooks to Go 3x3, Gilas will enter Calambubble....Excited on who will be part of the pool..Interesting part though is the level of fitness of the players considering the almost 8 months lockdown...Were the players given the headsup already.of their possible.inclusion and were they able.to do their personalized strength and conditioning training prior to the Training Camp...Mamaya.lasing lapad ni Marcelo si Go, o kasi taba ni Matt Nieto si Amer lol
                        Ateneo players will surely be fit, as Tab had already advised them to do home workouts (and submit to him the videos). The UP players, well, Juan and Javi work hard, and maybe Kobe. Dunno about Tungcab, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                          No dude.. We can't afford to send all amateur in this important qualifiers.. Remember if we lose especially against Thailand then SBP, Tab will have a problem they get from the media, fans, etc.. 3 Pros is enough.. Koreans and other teams sending mix selection of Pros and Amateurs.. Will JGDL, Nietto have lead point guard experience in a high level competition? Also Gilas cadets have huge shortage of bigs.. We still need a couple of PBA players to assist our cadets in these qualifiers..
                          Agree. If we lose to Korea & Thailand in the 2nd window then malaking pressure na for Gilas in the 3rd window as we face Indonesia, Korea & Thailand for rematch. mahirap yung feeling na going into the 3rd window (which I expect would be a PBA-select team becoz the amateurs most likely won't be available) eh its a must win situation for us against Indonesia & Thailand. If Thailand beats an all-amateur Gilas team in the 2nd window, the Thais would be going to the 3rd window carrying the momentum of their win vs. Gilas.

I think the 3 pros (CStand, Perez & Kiefer), plus possibly Greg & Kouame reinforcing the cadets would be a good balance between winnability & development.

BTW, if we qualify to the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup tournament proper, I like the idea of an all-amateur Gilas team (with the special draftees) plus Kai Sotto, AJ Edu & Kouame to compose Gilas. I want to use the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup per se, as part of our preparation for the 2023 FIBA World Cup qualifiers & the tournament itself.

Comment

Agree. If we lose to Korea & Thailand in the 2nd window then malaking pressure na for Gilas in the 3rd window as we face Indonesia, Korea & Thailand for rematch. mahirap yung feeling na going into the 3rd window (which I expect would be a PBA-select team becoz the amateurs most likely won't be available) eh its a must win situation for us against Indonesia & Thailand. If Thailand beats an all-amateur Gilas team in the 2nd window, the Thais would be going to the 3rd window carrying the momentum of their win vs. Gilas.

I think the 3 pros (CStand, Perez & Kiefer), plus possibly Greg & Kouame reinforcing the cadets would be a good balance between winnability & development.
                            Agreed. We have to develop a specific style better suited for international play (which looks to be a legit small ball system), and develop players who play that style, but we also have to qualify for the Asia Cup.

The 2023 WC windows are a better place to send all-amateur teams, as we qualify anyway as the host.

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                            BTW, if we qualify to the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup tournament proper, I like the idea of an all-amateur Gilas team (with the special draftees) plus Kai Sotto, AJ Edu & Kouame to compose Gilas. I want to use the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup per se, as part of our preparation for the 2023 FIBA World Cup qualifiers & the tournament itself.
                            Strongly agree with this. This will really build the confidence of the young players in big tournaments. Plus, who knows, this may also be their audition for overseas leagues.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                              Agreed. We have to develop a specific style better suited for international play (which looks to be a legit small ball system), and develop players who play that style, but we also have to qualify for the Asia Cup.

The 2023 WC windows are a better place to send all-amateur teams, as we qualify anyway as the host.
                              The only problem I see is that we'll miss Kai Sotto in a no. of windows.

Comment

How does a GS, Kuoame/CS, Perez, Kiefer plus Cadets Tungcab, Matt and Mike, Suerte, Bulanadi and Go..Just add Kobe and JGDL to complete the team...Of course it wont hurt if we can have Ramos, Navarro and Dave for Mike, Tungcab and anyone between Allain and Suerte

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information