Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
    Well the kids today now have to deal with Australia and NZ while we never did in our childhood. Lets see, malay natin we can kick Aussie ass
    Suddenly Dalph Panopio's confidence against the European teams makes sense...

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
      Tab has done TWICE with a bunch of college kids what Yeng couldn't do even once with an all-pro PBA/NBA squad.
      To be fair this SK team is probably one of the weakest NT they ever assembled same as our NT they are rebuilding, but so as our Gilas so at least we are ahead in terms of young talent..

Comment

• LOL, I hope this coach gets fired. hahaha

Comment

• dwight struggled a bit when he's the main ball handler. Thats the biggest ? when we go up against serbia and dominican rep. SJ and RJ played well but they are just to small outside asia. So its really upto Dwight and Heading as our main PGs.
          Tungcab really hasn't show anything so far. Moving dwight to PG also makes us thin at the wings with only Javi and navarro. Losing Dave and Suerte wasn't felt in pampanga but wouldve been nice if they didn't get injured.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
            Look at this headline from a South Korean article. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Lol mga iyakin

In the World of Sports kilalang kilala Korea diyan sa Home Cooking, although my mga calls na questionable pabor satin but breaks of the game Lang sila dyan nagtatapon Ng bola kanina.

Comment

• Originally posted by trig View Post
              everytime korea tries some semblance of zone, gilas hits a timely 3. They also shot well from the ft line. Both rare for gilas

Great strategy by Tab to ball pressure the guards the entire game. It forces the PF to do a lot more than he's used. By the time they cross the half court, shot clock is at 13-15seconds. Koreans run their system like a machine and will wait for you to make a mistake to get an open 3. With shotclock down to 13, you'll only need to play great defense for the 1st and 2nd option and the 3rd is already usually a rush shot.
              Just like what Gabe Norwood said before this qualifiers. Key is to harass the pg og korea

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                I just want the 3pt shooting to get better. Dude shot 15% in the UAAP.
                wow that's bad shooting

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                  Rj > sj
                  agree

Comment

• My son has trained with Dwight , and a few Tall Black guards , in his opinion (which is from the perspective of inside the court playing with and against them), Dwight is just as good and maybe even better than guys like Dion Prewster.
                    Do note Dion and company are easy G league players (the NZ NBL imports like Shelby are stars in US colleges and g league ..and Prewster is as good as them.. So I'm actually confident of Dwight's level , he is world class. Maybe not a scorer or an import type of player . But for a role, the guy is damn sound, and truly elite. I think he's also a late bloomer . He wasn't that good in the US div 1

Comment

• Originally posted by trig View Post
                      dwight struggled a bit when he's the main ball handler. Thats the biggest ? when we go up against serbia and dominican rep. SJ and RJ played well but they are just to small outside asia. So its really upto Dwight and Heading as our main PGs.
                      Tungcab really hasn't show anything so far. Moving dwight to PG also makes us thin at the wings with only Javi and navarro. Losing Dave and Suerte wasn't felt in pampanga but wouldve been nice if they didn't get injured.
                      yeah dwight won't be ready by OQT we need another steady PG

Comment

• In the post game conference, Tab said that there will be a practice game with Gilas and China. This is interesting to see Kai vs Zhou Qi.
                        Trolls are inutile individuals who want to look like the wiser and the best. But generally their are helpless, weakest and the ugly..Bato bato sa langit ang tamaan guilty.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                          Look at this headline from a South Korean article. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

This just really confirms my belief that this K-coach looks down on Southeast Asians.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juan Lun View Post
                            yeah dwight won't be ready by OQT we need another steady PG
                            Keifer Ravena would a great addition, would be the teams stabilizer and floor leader, but for that to happen he has start training with gilas ASAP..

I would love to see Dalph but I think he is still too young

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                              My son has trained with Dwight , and a few Tall Black guards , in his opinion (which is from the perspective of inside the court playing with and against them), Dwight is just as good and maybe even better than guys like Dion Prewster.
                              Do note Dion and company are easy G league players (the NZ NBL imports like Shelby are stars in US colleges and g league ..and Prewster is as good as them.. So I'm actually confident of Dwight's level , he is world class. Maybe not a scorer or an import type of player . But for a role, the guy is damn sound, and truly elite. I think he's also a late bloomer . He wasn't that good in the US div 1
                              This guy you are comparing to Dwight, Prewster a little bit of research and looks like this guys had a similar career path to Dwight. Dropdown from D1 to D2 then a good pro career.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPilipinas View Post
                                Lol mga iyakin

In the World of Sports kilalang kilala Korea diyan sa Home Cooking, although my mga calls na questionable pabor satin but breaks of the game Lang sila dyan nagtatapon Ng bola kanina.
                                No wonder Korea never got to host any FIBA event, eh. The last time they hosted a major sporting evnet IIRC was the FIFA WC in 2002 where they made it to the Top 4. I believe that was quite controversial at the time, but at the same time that Korean soccer team back then was really strong, one of the best soccer teams they ever had.
                                Originally posted by gideon
                                Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information