No announcement yet.

Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The player that impressed me the most in tonight's is Kouame. Prior to this window I wasn't really expecting Kouame to be such an offensive threat that he showed in the 2 games so far. In the game vs. Korea, he showed his 3-point shooting. In tonight's game, he showed impressive handles & defense. I think he held his own against Prosper. He had some good stops against Prosper inside.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• This is what I am saying about PG tendenices.

Scenario 1: Heading in a fastbreak have an Open Javi at Corner 3, and Kai for an easy lob inside.

Heading opted to kick it out to Javi. ( For reference, Jason Castro will make the same decision, while Kiefer will likely to lob it to Kai)

Scenario 2: Kai Sealed his smaller opponent(not prosper). RJ cannot give him the ball nicely.

RJ did not pass it to him, but when Kai Go Outside, RJ passed it to Him. RJ is passing the Ball to Kai only in Pick and Rolls.

Scenario 3: Kai and Kouame have good positions inside. But SJ is a "score first" mentality PG.

SJ literally only passed 1 time that lead to an assist. The pick and roll with Kouame.

Coach Tab hearingly said to him " Stop looking at the basket, pass the ball to the post"

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
        I think Tab should try Lopez on Hyung.
        yeah, just stay with Hyung fight screens and avoid biting on fakes just focus on defense, offense will be a bonus for now. Hope SBP get Norwood to mentor and develop this kid's defensive abilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
          I bet a lot of people are missing Matt right now lol. Anyway at least we're getting everyone valuable minutes and experience. Almost everyone played ok. Except Go and SJ
          Matt is like our Tenorio in the sense that he knows the "right" play most of the time.

Comment

• Lopez looks legit 6’6 out there on the wing, he got a little eager on defense (when he tried to steal from prosper leaving his man open to penetration) but you can see how good he can be with his athleticism and size.

Comment

• Originally posted by spidey102279
              But I am happy in this game that coach Tab use Kai and Ange at the same time where they pulled away as the Indons left other players outside to focus on helping to stop the twin towers inside and Baltazar got opened. Maybe he will try it again vs the Koreans.
              That lineup tired out the Indonesians, they were just too small.

Comment

• Originally posted by spidey102279
                But I am happy in this game that coach Tab use Kai and Ange at the same time where they pulled away as the Indons left other players outside to focus on helping to stop the twin towers inside and Baltazar got opened. Maybe he will try it again vs the Koreans.
                It was surprisingly working, only problem is stamina but the combo was what broke the game open

Comment

• Quite a low scoring game for Gilas despite the win

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                    More bad news: He left on a wheelchair. Hopefully he recovers in time for SoKor. Like geohunk said, we need his offensive skillset to have a chance of going toe-to-toe with SoKor.
                    If it is a Grade 1 sprain then he is definitely not going to be risked to play on Sunday. So I see Lebron taking his spot and possibly Jordan Heading taking Tungcab's and the rest of the roster will be the same as in the first game.
                    Originally posted by PeeZones
                    Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

• Problem with small guards is they can’t pass over taller defenders or see the angles probably, though if you’re good at passing that won’t matter because you can pass from any angle

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                        Lopez looks legit 6’6 out there on the wing, he got a little eager on defense (when he tried to steal from prosper leaving his man open to penetration) but you can see how good he can be with his athleticism and size.
                        Imagine a matured Lebron Lopez playing alongside an improved Kobe Paras.
                        Originally posted by PeeZones
                        Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

• Originally posted by geohunk View Post
                          If it is a Grade 1 sprain then he is definitely not going to be risked to play on Sunday. So I see Lebron taking his spot and possibly Jordan Heading taking Tungcab's and the rest of the roster will be the same as in the first game.
                          I think Mike might be replaced with Javi/Navarro

Comment

• Why our PG always points guard umay haha and midget at that

Comment

• The line-up at the start of the 2nd half:

Kai Sotto = 7'3
                              Ange Kouame = 7'0
                              Justine Baltazar = 6'8
                              Dwight Ramos = 6'5
                              Jordan Heading = 6'2

Extremely tall line-up. It blew the game wide-open for us. Indonesia had no answer with Kai and Kouame attacking down low and Baltazar draining 3 point shots. I think Dwight played the point here.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                                Lopez with 8p 5r 1a 1s 1b in 9:40 minutes, how about Balti showing he can be a 3nD wing with post moves
                                Balti showcased significant improvement in his handles & 3-pt. shooting in this game. In the game vs. Korea, Balti showed his nice perimeter defense. What impresses me about Balti is his toughness.
                                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information