Page 776 of 855 FirstFirst ... 276676726766774775776777778786826 ... LastLast
Results 15,501 to 15,520 of 17098

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Looks like maybe an ankle sprain, hopefully minor though with Tamayo’s history it is troubling. Will probably have to play Chiu against Korea if he isn’t available
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    looks minor but hope it was just a very minor sprain.
    Quote Originally Posted by geohunk View Post
    Losing Tamayo for the Korea game is gonna be huge. We were very effective with Tamayo and Baltazar playing together on offense. It is going to be felt on Sunday if Carl doesn't play. I don't see Javi or Lopez filling up what Tamayo brings to the team.
    More bad news: He left on a wheelchair. Hopefully he recovers in time for SoKor. Like geohunk said, we need his offensive skillset to have a chance of going toe-to-toe with SoKor.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    Lopez had a good debut for the team defensively, he's above SEA level in that aspect. Offensively he still needs work, but I like how he doesn't need the ball to be effective in that department.

Kai's weakness is his lack of strength. Prosper knows this so he took advantage. If Toroman listened to him and gave him more post touches, this game would be closer. He's still NBA material though, yung Lee Hyun Jung nga NBA prospect, what more someone who's gone against the best player of each team so far?

I hope people understand why I don't like SJ Belangel's current style of play now. This is what I saw.

Javi hasn't gotten his bearings yet. If Tamayo is out for the Korea game, we might be looking at our first KR loss in PH soil.

Baltazar and Ramos have been our best and most consistent players so far. I love how Balti uses his newfound mobility, I hope he continues practicing his dribbling.
    I bet a lot of people are missing Matt right now lol. Anyway at least we're getting everyone valuable minutes and experience. Almost everyone played ok. Except Go and SJ

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Chiu looked good also I think. Needs to lose more weight I guess to play longer. I think Will will come back next game for Javi. Lopez might play again. We dont have another athlete like him.
    I think Tab should try Lopez on Hyung.
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    I bet a lot of people are missing Matt right now lol. Anyway at least we're getting everyone valuable minutes and experience. Almost everyone played ok. Except Go and SJ
    He's the veteran PG among all the pool
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

Lopez with 8p 5r 1a 1s 1b in 9:40 minutes, how about Balti showing he can be a 3nD wing with post moves

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Lopez with 8p 5r 1a 1s 1b in 9:40 minutes, how about Balti showing he can be a 3nD wing with post moves
    Kid will be a good matchup to the Korean prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    Kid will be a good matchup to the Korean prospect.
    Lopez should be disciplined against Hyung, though. Stay in front as much as possible, no unnecessary gambles.

Yeah that will be a good test for the kid..

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Looks like maybe an ankle sprain, hopefully minor though with Tamayo’s history it is troubling. Will probably have to play Chiu against Korea if he isn’t available
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    looks minor but hope it was just a very minor sprain.
    Quote Originally Posted by geohunk View Post
    Losing Tamayo for the Korea game is gonna be huge. We were very effective with Tamayo and Baltazar playing together on offense. It is going to be felt on Sunday if Carl doesn't play. I don't see Javi or Lopez filling up what Tamayo brings to the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    More bad news: He left on a wheelchair. Hopefully he recovers in time for SoKor. Like geohunk said, we need his offensive skillset to have a chance of going toe-to-toe with SoKor.
    Tab said it's only a grade 1 ankle sprain based on initial look, and it may get upgraded.

Like I said, hope he recovers in time for Sunday (although it's improbable).

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Lopez should be disciplined against Hyung, though. Stay in front as much as possible, no unnecessary gambles.
    Schooled or not, he will definitely learn something. That's why they need it to happen.

The player that impressed me the most in tonight's is Kouame. Prior to this window I wasn't really expecting Kouame to be such an offensive threat that he showed in the 2 games so far. In the game vs. Korea, he showed his 3-point shooting. In tonight's game, he showed impressive handles & defense. I think he held his own against Prosper. He had some good stops against Prosper inside.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

This is what I am saying about PG tendenices.

Scenario 1: Heading in a fastbreak have an Open Javi at Corner 3, and Kai for an easy lob inside.

Heading opted to kick it out to Javi. ( For reference, Jason Castro will make the same decision, while Kiefer will likely to lob it to Kai)

Scenario 2: Kai Sealed his smaller opponent(not prosper). RJ cannot give him the ball nicely.

RJ did not pass it to him, but when Kai Go Outside, RJ passed it to Him. RJ is passing the Ball to Kai only in Pick and Rolls.

Scenario 3: Kai and Kouame have good positions inside. But SJ is a "score first" mentality PG.

SJ literally only passed 1 time that lead to an assist. The pick and roll with Kouame.

Coach Tab hearingly said to him " Stop looking at the basket, pass the ball to the post"

yeah, just stay with Hyung fight screens and avoid biting on fakes just focus on defense, offense will be a bonus for now. Hope SBP get Norwood to mentor and develop this kid's defensive abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Matt is like our Tenorio in the sense that he knows the "right" play most of the time.

Schooled or not, he will definitely learn something. That's why they need it to happen.
    It'll be a good test. If hols his own against more seasoned, older Hyung, maybe we'll see him in the world cup earlier than we expect. And I think he's earned that slot in that roster for that rematch with SOKOR. He deserves it
    ― H.L. Mencken

But I am happy in this game that coach Tab use Kai and Ange at the same time where they pulled away as the Indons left other players outside to focus on helping to stop the twin towers inside and Baltazar got opened. Maybe he will try it again vs the Koreans.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    yeah, just stay with Hyung fight screens and avoid biting on fakes just focus on defense, offense will be a bonus for now. Hope SBP get Norwood to mentor and develop this kid's defensive abilities.
    Agreed
    ― H.L. Mencken

Lopez looks legit 6’6 out there on the wing, he got a little eager on defense (when he tried to steal from prosper leaving his man open to penetration) but you can see how good he can be with his athleticism and size.

But I am happy in this game that coach Tab use Kai and Ange at the same time where they pulled away as the Indons left other players outside to focus on helping to stop the twin towers inside and Baltazar got opened. Maybe he will try it again vs the Koreans.
    That lineup tired out the Indonesians, they were just too small.

It was surprisingly working, only problem is stamina but the combo was what broke the game open

Page 776 of 855 FirstFirst ... 276676726766774775776777778786826 ... LastLast