Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
    Training forever? Time is running out for Kai, when he will ever play a senior team? When he is already 26 and the other players on the same age bracket are already better? His other cotemporary are already playing great in senior teams. Fiba competition will make him better and scouts will even be more interested. Those G league team will always be beaten anytime by solid Korea, Iran, Japan team, etc. that is why it is not perfect training ground. We know his NBA dream but the Gold and number one team in Asia is still the top priority. And it will be such a waste if we cannot take advantage of his skills right know.
    26?????

At most he is a shooin in 2023. And he is 21 yrs old by then

He may not be available sa Feb Window. Kasi nga conflict sa G league Bubble Tournament.

But he may also be available in Fiba Asia Cup next year in September. Just before the Nba Draft maybe at October or November

Comment

• I'm a lil surprised that no one(as far as I can tell) has mentioned how Coach Tab wants to develop Baltazar into a more perimeter-focused player: "Honestly the plan for him is gonna be to develop him more and more as a perimeter player," Baldwin bared on the Coaches Unfiltered podcast. "I think he can become a very, very good wing and he'll be a real problem for other teams posting up wings and defending on the wing." Wow he said the W word for Balti. A wing! A long & lanky one too! He's not as quick or mobile as Japeth but perhaps his defensive awareness would offset that. I still have some doubt for him to be able to guard full-fledged wings but I have no doubt he can guard perimeter-oriented 4's. So perhaps Tab just wants to use him on the wing when match-ups call for it and not the majority of the time.

https://tv5.espn.com/basketball/gila...baltazar-ramos
      Click the link to check us out -> REFRESH Basketball "Inspiring youth with our love of the game. Elite Filipino-Canadian teams based in Manitoba, Canada."

Comment

• Originally posted by rzr_390 View Post
        I'm a lil surprised that no one(as far as I can tell) has mentioned how Coach Tab wants to develop Baltazar into a more perimeter-focused player: "Honestly the plan for him is gonna be to develop him more and more as a perimeter player," Baldwin bared on the Coaches Unfiltered podcast. "I think he can become a very, very good wing and he'll be a real problem for other teams posting up wings and defending on the wing." Wow he said the W word for Balti. A wing! A long & lanky one too! He's not as quick or mobile as Japeth but perhaps his defensive awareness would offset that. I still have some doubt for him to be able to guard full-fledged wings but I have no doubt he can guard perimeter-oriented 4's. So perhaps Tab just wants to use him on the wing when match-ups call for it and not the majority of the time.

And eventually Ramos as an occasional PG, paired with a CJ/JGDL-type of combo guard should have us forumers very excited right??
        Click the link to check us out -> REFRESH Basketball "Inspiring youth with our love of the game. Elite Filipino-Canadian teams based in Manitoba, Canada."

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
          Can you post quotes on that regard? Because from what I've read and heard,

[ "We played him out of position because we really needed his size and strength around the basket, and he wasn’t comfortable at all so that was a burden he carried for us and never complained once,” Baldwin told Coaches Unfiltered presented by SMART Sports.

“I think at one point in the second game, I said, ‘Kobe, go out and play on the wing now’. And he said ‘Thank you coach, I’m dying to do that’, and with a grin on his face. We were aware that we were asking him to make an additional sacrifice playing out of position, but never a peep of him about that. Did his job. Did it at the best of his ability,” he continued.]

That's all Tab said with regards to kobe and his position. I don't know where you got your idea of Tab considering 4 as Kobe's natural position. On the contrary, he acknowledged that he played him out of position and it was a decision not based on anything but what the team needed.
          the next window we should have all the pieces we need.we really lack bigs last time so we have to force Kobe to play power forward. If only Slaughter or Ange was around maybe Kobe played the starting small forward role. Kobe is still a work in progress and needs to be exposed in every international game possible.I think we need to expose guys like Kai and Tamayo as well.As for Balti, I still think he is best at 4.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by rzr_390 View Post
            I'm a lil surprised that no one(as far as I can tell) has mentioned how Coach Tab wants to develop Baltazar into a more perimeter-focused player: "Honestly the plan for him is gonna be to develop him more and more as a perimeter player," Baldwin bared on the Coaches Unfiltered podcast. "I think he can become a very, very good wing and he'll be a real problem for other teams posting up wings and defending on the wing." Wow he said the W word for Balti. A wing! A long & lanky one too! He's not as quick or mobile as Japeth but perhaps his defensive awareness would offset that. I still have some doubt for him to be able to guard full-fledged wings but I have no doubt he can guard perimeter-oriented 4's. So perhaps Tab just wants to use him on the wing when match-ups call for it and not the majority of the time.

The confusion is with the terminology used, we normally associate wing either with the 2/3 position. Tab commonly refers to perimeter oriented forwards as wings or swings, he describes Navarro, Troy, Kobe and Now. Baltazar in the future as a wing, but when you watch Navarro play in Ateneo he's clearly playing from the 4 spot, same with Kobe he was playing from the 4 spot, but playing like a driving slashing wing, no low post moves
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
              The confusion is with the terminology used, we normally associate wing either with the 2/3 position. Tab commonly refers to perimeter oriented forwards as wings or swings, he describes Navarro, Troy, Kobe and Now. Baltazar in the future as a wing, but when yo watch Navarro play in Ateneo he's clearly playing from the 4 spot, same with Kobe he was playing from the 4 spot, but playing like a driving slashing wing, no low post moves
              Playing the wing and playing the 4, as repeatedly said, are not mutually exclusive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                the next window we should have all the pieces we need.we really lack bigs last time so we have to force Kobe to play power forward. If only Slaughter or Ange was around maybe Kobe played the starting small forward role. Kobe is still a work in progress and needs to be exposed in every international game possible.I think we need to expose guys like Kai and Tamayo as well.As for Balti, I still think he is best at 4.

Do you think coach Jong or coach Tab will put Kobe as a starting small forward over Dwight Ramos? Or maybe you think coach Jong will play them together with kobe at 3 & Dwight at 2? I don't see that happening. Who's gonna chase those Thai deadly shooters Jaisanuk & Suttisen in the outer wing? I doubt Kobe's laterals are quick enough for that job.
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

The confusion is with the terminology used, we normally associate wing either with the 2/3 position. Tab commonly refers to perimeter oriented forwards as wings or swings, he describes Navarro, Troy, Kobe and Now. Baltazar in the future as a wing, but when you watch Navarro play in Ateneo he's clearly playing from the 4 spot, same with Kobe he was playing from the 4 spot, but playing like a driving slashing wing, no low post moves
                  You have a valid point there bro. When coach Tab said that he thinks Baltazar can be a very good wing, he obviously wasn't referring to Baltazar playing as a 3. Tab meant Baltazar playing as a 4.
                  "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

I don't think it is ambiguous. A wing is a wing. Basically a Bahmrani. A tall guy who can slash and shoot 3 as well as defend the perimeter. Kobe played as a 4 against Thailand he barely dribbled. And he didnt look comfortable. No he didn't play as a wing. I think the shoot for the star goal for Balti and possibly for Tamayo is be like a Bahmrani type player. In faster line ups the wing plays as PF like Bahmrani. But he is still a wing. As he is expected to handle the ball as well as guard the perimeter. The 4 is not expected to do that. 4s like RDO and Diaw handled the ball. But they are not wings because they are too slow to defend the perimeter.

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
                      I don't think it is ambiguous. A wing is a wing. Basically a Bahmrani. A tall guy who can slash and shoot 3 as well as defend the perimeter. Kobe played as a 4 against Thailand he barely dribbled. And he didnt look comfortable. No he didn't play as a wing. I think the shoot for the star goal for Balti and possibly for Tamayo is be like a Bahmrani type player. In faster line ups the wing plays as PF like Bahmrani. But he is still a wing. As he is expected to handle the ball as well as guard the perimeter. The 4 is not expected to do that. 4s like RDO and Diaw handled the ball. But they are not wings because they are too slow to defend the perimeter.
                      You mean bahrami of iran?

You are mixing Bahrami and Kamrani. Hehe.

Anyway, for me

Stretch 4 and Wing 4 are Different.

Dirk Nowitzki is a Stretch 4, Jason Tatum is a Wing 4 (He plays 4 Sometimes)

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
                        I feel there's no way Tab or coach Jong would envision Baltazar to play as a 3. Believe me, Troy Rosario being envision to play as a 3 is more feasible than for Baltazar to play as a 3. Yet I think its a consensus that Rosario is a natural 4 & doesn't have the handles & the quickness to play as a 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                          Do you think coach Jong or coach Tab will put Kobe as a starting small forward over Dwight Ramos? Or maybe you think coach Jong will play them together with kobe at 3 & Dwight at 2? I don't see that happening. Who's gonna chase those Thai deadly shooters Jaisanuk & Suttisen in the outer wing? I doubt Kobe's laterals are quick enough for that job.

I think there's no problem on who is starting or who is not, the number of minutes will remain a big factor on whether or not the coaches trust a player.I think against Indonesia, it's not impossible for Kobe to start the game and match up against Jawato.It will also depend on who is in the team, with the PBA players, if they plan to go big then we may see Kobe in the starting forward or even Kobe and Ramos but if the coach feels like they want to have an early lead then we may see Ramos on the small forward and maybe Parks or Wright (if available) in the starting lineup. I have no problem who's going to start I just hope we have the right pieces and the proper bigs.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post

Anyway, for me

Bakit naman nasali si Kamrani sa usapan? Ishmael is obviously referring to Bahrami, a 6-foot-5 wingman legend of Iran basketball. Kamrani on the other hand is a 5-foot-11 former point guard of Iran NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post

Anyway, for me

Yup. Sorry I mixed up those two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post

I think there's no problem on who is starting or who is not, the number of minutes will remain a big factor on whether or not the coaches trust a player.I think against Indonesia, it's not impossible for Kobe to start the game and match up against Jawato.It will also depend on who is in the team, with the PBA players, if they plan to go big then we may see Kobe in the starting forward or even Kobe and Ramos but if the coach feels like they want to have an early lead then we may see Ramos on the small forward and maybe Parks or Wright (if available) in the starting lineup. I have no problem who's going to start I just hope we have the right pieces and the proper bigs.

I'm referring to the match-ups bro. If you start Kobe at the 3, he will have Thailand's deadly shooter wingman Jaisanuk to guard against. I don't think Kobe has the quickness & the laterals to keep in step with Jaisanuk. It wud be like putting Kobe on a Matt Wright or a Bobby Parks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information