Page 172 of 177 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 3526

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by Artek View Post
    What statistics? Do you have a SCIENTIFIC data to prove that poor people have worse attitudes than richer people?

Well, no scientific data would indicate that most rich people behave with better finesse & decency compared to the impoverished ones. But I based that on my own observation associating with people of all walks of life - the rich, middle-class & the poor, the professionals, businessmen & the "tambays".

I think there's also no scientific data that indicates that people belonging to white collar jobs behave with more finesse & decency than people who are considered "tambays". Yet common sense would tell us that people with white collar jobs usually exhibit more finesse & decency in their actions than people who are "tambays".

BTW, I want to make it clear that we are not talking here about evil & the good, or righteous & the wicked. We are just talking here about finesse & decency.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

My opinion: if FIBA is so hell-bent on copying FIFA, to the extent of the home-and-away qualifiers and quadrennial World Cup (even renaming from World Championship), and even proposing that Olympic basketball become an U-23 event like Olympic football, then maybe they should adopt FIFA's eligibility laws.

Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post
    But again, SK guards are fast and a little bit bigger than SEA guards so they can also finish against smaller guards. Hence the collapsing defense. To me the solution is obvious, SEA and Gilas need bigger guards.
    Me thinks the key to addressing Korea's drive-and-kick play is having competent rim protectors - something Phi basketball never had. I believe Iran had success beating the Koreans because it has Hamed Hadadi who is such a towering presence that could pose a real challenge against the Korean slashers. Because of this, the Iranian defenders could afford not to collapse on defense against the Korean slasher knowing that Hadadi is a good rim protector who will block the shot or intimidate the korean slasher. The iranian wingmen & guards can afford to stay in front of their men knowing that they have a towering second line of defense to deal with the Korean slasher.

I think with Kai Sotto & AJ Edu reaching enough level of maturity to play in the senior's division in a few years, we can have potent rim protectors that would finally address the vaunted Korean drive-and-kick play.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

I think with Kai Sotto & AJ Edu reaching enough level of maturity to play in the senior's division in a few years, we can have potent rim protectors that would finally address the vaunted Korean drive-and-kick play.
    This! And pinoy ballers from PG to C are getting taller even before FIBA 2023. I'm excited for the Gilas program. Just hope we all survive the Covid-zombie apocalypse to see this.

This! And pinoy ballers from PG to C are getting taller even before FIBA 2023. I'm excited for the Gilas program. Just hope we all survive the Covid-zombie apocalypse to see this.
    We are getting taller/bigger at the big men positions with Kai, Edu, Geo Chiu, Tamayo, Raven Cortez, Baltazar, coming down the pipeline.

The key here is upgrading our height/size at the wing & guard positions. Good to see Kobe Paras as our potential 6-foot-6/6-foot-7 small forward, Dwight Ramos as 6-foot-4/6-foot-5 shooting guard/small forward, 6-foot-4 Dave Ildefonso playing shooting guard.

Still, our guards & swingmen aren't as tall/long as the guards & swingmen of China, Australia, or Lebanon, but the height gap (that was once enjoyed by Chinese, Aussie, Lebanese guards & swingmen) had been reduced. Hindi ta tayo masyadong agrabyado sa height.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Well, no scientific data would indicate that most rich people behave with better finesse & decency compared to the impoverished ones. But I based that on my own observation associating with people of all walks of life - the rich, middle-class & the poor, the professionals, businessmen & the "tambays".

I think there's also no scientific data that indicates that people belonging to white collar jobs behave with more finesse & decency than people who are considered "tambays". Yet common sense would tell us that people with white collar jobs usually exhibit more finesse & decency in their actions than people who are "tambays".

BTW, I want to make it clear that we are not talking here about evil & the good, or righteous & the wicked. We are just talking here about finesse & decency.
    I think suits make real good coverings while poormens sandoes are way too transparent.

Anyway, back to basketball. I think the Philippines should lead a lobby to ask fiba to allow for 2 players who are hagop rule ineligible but have blood relations to the country in addition to the allowed 1 naturalized per NT. Countries that have loose citizenship acquisition laws have been getting way too much favor with the existing laws. For example, France which sits just outside the African continent.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    I think suits make real good coverings while poormens sandoes are way too transparent.

Anyway, back to basketball. I think the Philippines should lead a lobby to ask fiba to allow for 2 players who are hagop rule ineligible but have blood relations to the country in addition to the allowed 1 naturalized per NT. Countries that have loose citizenship acquisition laws have been getting way too much favor with the existing laws. For example, France which sits just outside the African continent.
    We need other countries which have the same case with us. Are there countries also suffering in hagop rule as much as us?

If none, I do not see Fiba will favor one country(philippines) in order to change the rules

We are getting taller/bigger at the big men positions with Kai, Edu, Geo Chiu, Tamayo, Raven Cortez, Baltazar, coming down the pipeline.

The key here is upgrading our height/size at the wing & guard positions. Good to see Kobe Paras as our potential 6-foot-6/6-foot-7 small forward, Dwight Ramos as 6-foot-4/6-foot-5 shooting guard/small forward, 6-foot-4 Dave Ildefonso playing shooting guard.

Still, our guards & swingmen aren't as tall/long as the guards & swingmen of China, Australia, or Lebanon, but the height gap (that was once enjoyed by Chinese, Aussie, Lebanese guards & swingmen) had been reduced. Hindi ta tayo masyadong agrabyado sa height.
    "New generation will always surpass Old generation" . Hope this applies to our basketball players.

Now, we are having taller and more agile players. We just need to develop sharpshooters

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    We need other countries which have the same case with us. Are there countries also suffering in hagop rule as much as us?

If none, I do not see Fiba will favor one country(philippines) in order to change the rules
    That's actually the idea, to get other NTs to appeal for rule changes. I'm sure we're not alone. Thailand has the likes of Tyler lamb, moses Morgan etc, Indonesia I'm pretty sure they so have, Korea, Vietnam also has their vier-ams. Rigjt now, the eligibility rule that applies favor thr Europeans like France. Australia has also been taking advantage of it

And at the same time the PBA is getting greedier,naglalaway na mga yan sa mg batang prospects. See player banning for skipping drafts.

Until now no innovative ideas yet from the PBA to make interesting again for the general public.

Hanggat my height limit for imports it will continue in its path to be a mediocre league.

Remeber the subtle jab he took to the PBA, In short mahirap umasa sa PBA.

i Only hope soon magkaroon ng pangil ang SBP

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    That's actually the idea, to get other NTs to appeal for rule changes. I'm sure we're not alone. Thailand has the likes of Tyler lamb, moses Morgan etc, Indonesia I'm pretty sure they so have, Korea, Vietnam also has their vier-ams. Rigjt now, the eligibility rule that applies favor thr Europeans like France. Australia has also been taking advantage of it
    That's the way we should do it. Unite with other third world countries with large diasporas like Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand. Frame the Hagop rule as anti-poor. Because third world countries lack access to advanced facilities and training, and that recruiting willing players from their diasporas is a way of leveling the playing field. Show how rich Gulf states are taking advantage of the loopholes, and how Western nations take advantage of their being a preferred destination for refugees. Show that it is primarily the rich countries that benefit from this rule.

I think it's safe to say that a tambay will have a rougher demeanor than a College student. We can call observational evidence as scientific, right? Jamskie is right. There's no good or evil when you're just observing. But then, not all tambays are magaspang ang ugali, much like not all College students or College graduates are smart.

FIBA World Ranking --updated after the 1st window of the FIBA Continental Cup 2021 Qualifier
    https://www.fiba.basketball/rankingmen

i think the ranking update--will be used to determine the seeding for the men's olympic basketball tournament draw.

Quote Originally Posted by elleroch View Post
    FIBA World Ranking --updated after the 1st window of the FIBA Continental Cup 2021 Qualifier
    https://www.fiba.basketball/rankingmen
    We have been at #31 for a very long time now, Guam slid all the way down to #84, and Thailand has cracked the top 100 for the first time since this current ranking system is implemented. Team USA at #1 is at 781.6 points and Spain at #2 is at 722.9 points.

The women's rankings now use the same system used in the men's rankings, our women's team is now at #49 with a total of 125 points. Team USA at #1 has 832.9 points, with Australia at a distant second with 741 points. Japan's four straight FIBA Asia Women's Cup championships pushed them all the way up to #10, just behind China at #9.
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    We have been at #31 for a very long time now, Guam slid all the way down to #84, and Thailand has cracked the top 100 for the first time since this current ranking system is implemented. Team USA at #1 is at 781.6 points and Spain at #2 is at 722.9 points.

The women's rankings now use the same system used in the men's rankings, our women's team is now at #49 with a total of 125 points. Team USA at #1 has 832.9 points, with Australia at a distant second with 741 points. Japan's four straight FIBA Asia Women's Cup championships pushed them all the way up to #10, just behind China at #9.
    Point differential is important in their computation on ranking basis.. Guam slide down because they lost atleast 20 pts to NZL.. Qatar slide more places because they lost also to Saudi Arabia and lost a big margin to Iran.. while Taipei slide to 63rd because they lost to Japan in a big margin, although they won 100 plus points to Malaysia but the later is at lower rank so it's still baseless..

Hypothetical question.. What if China, Korea and Iran is still struggling in their national problem about COVID-19, Is there any chance that they will withdraw their participation in Olympics or OQT, If the Olympics in Japan still push thru? Historically some countries already withdraw participation or boycott the games during cold war.. Is Gilas should take place on them to participate in the games, Same case India basketball team did in 1980's, when countries boycott due to cold war? What do you think? On paper rankings eh Iran, China and Korea are top 3 Asian teams (not counting Australia and NZL because they are in Oceania) then we are in 4th rank team, the first 3 countries are still struggling for months now in COVID-19 and they can't still contain it for atleast 2-3 months.. If this could be happend eh SBP should be ready for this.. even atleast for OQT if either China or Korea will withdraw their participation due to COVID-19..

Philippines should not participate also if counties that are more equipped to deal with an outbreak will pull out. I know that we all want PH to be in the olympics but this is just a desperate move. Hypothetically of course.

Philippines should not participate also if counties that are more equipped to deal with an outbreak will pull out. I know that we all want PH to be in the olympics but this is just a desperate move. Hypothetically of course.
    It is not desperate move.. It is like a soldier that always ready whatever happens.. Of course i don't like the situation.. Maybe the cancellation of Olympics will more often.. If Olympics will still continue eh for sure Iran probably will probably withdraw because of worsen scenario of COVID-19, even their government officials are stricken also of this virus, Korea meanwhile is now at war over virus, outside China eh they are the most cases of this virus.. We all know now on the situation of China.. If one of them will still participate eh expect some countries will complain or back out for safety.. So IOC and FIBA will select Asian team to replace Iran as representation for Olympics.. As of this eh we are the most capable to join because our case in virus are only 3 and nothing more and in basketball in general eh we are 4th rank team.. but that is my speculation only.. I hope before Olympics eh the virus will be lessen or gone already..

It's desperation. It will not just put the athletes health in jeopardy but also the whole country when they return. Remember, we don't have any reliable means to detect this virus. At least not in PH. How about treatment and ontainment? Forget it.

And soldiers will wear hazmat suits in a hot zone or epicenter of disease which is completely different than atheletes sweating it out in sports gear.

Page 172 of 177 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast