Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    Fair. It just really confusing cause Koame came in the RP at age of 18 so we cant really consider the guy as a thon maker type na from the start dun nanirahan sa motherland that he is representing. I mean is this issue pointed out to SBP already? And in case Kouame gets his passport at 21, how would FIBA interpret that? Too late? Since 21 niya nakuha? Or will they factor him coming in Phil at age of 18.

Also, to temper our expectations. Will this case be subjected for our hosting at 2023? Or will this be one on the so far future at 2027?
    he came in RP at 16 not 18..
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
      It's not the Philippine citizenship rules that increases chance of being exempted to play as a local (blood lineage), but FiBA guidelines, it isn't theory that Kouame has a chance, the guidelines are clearly spelled out as reasons to be considered for exemption, it just so happens that if Kouame gets a passport, Kouame's circumstances align well with the guidelines for exemption.
      Fortunately or Unfortunately blood is a none factor in the guidelines mentioned
      Are SBP and your friend coach Tab entertaining that idea for Kouame to be considered local pinoy for FIBA or it is just you sir that insinuating that idea?

Comment

• More Indonesia games in the IBL, this time against Louvre Surabaya
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
        -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
          More Indonesia games in the IBL, this time against Louvre Surabaya
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltREdtEcCMA
          10 k watching, looks like the "warning" for indonesia by fiba is working..again thats double the number of people watching mpbl and its a "common people" league
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
            10 k watching, looks like the "warning" for indonesia by fiba is working..again thats double the number of people watching mpbl and its a "common people" league
            To be fair there's 264 million of them lol. does the 10k refer to youtube views or to the people in the gym? Because I think IBL really did a good job in scheduling their league according to local series which are played in different cities. That makes for more live attendance because the fans can see many teams play in their homecourt. I think Liga Pilipinas did this as well
            “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
            -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
              To be fair there's 264 million of them lol. does the 10k refer to youtube views or to the people in the gym? Because I think IBL really did a good job in scheduling their league according to local series which are played in different cities. That makes for more live attendance because the fans can see many teams play in their homecourt. I think Liga Pilipinas did this as well
              10 k online viewers aside from their packed venue..its very obvious that kosasih is the best young big prospect they have runs the floor well defends pick and rolls more of a pf than sf but still raw offensively

highlights of their friday game.. I said it again offense indonesians play well..its the only the physical presence that prosper has use in this team..the more their forwards get toughened the chances of them.getting to the fiba asia cup main draw and world cup would be a reality

Last edited by reamily; 01-19-2020, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                It's not the Philippine citizenship rules that increases chance of being exempted to play as a local (blood lineage), but FiBA guidelines, it isn't theory that Kouame has a chance, the guidelines are clearly spelled out as reasons to be considered for exemption, it just so happens that if Kouame gets a passport, Kouame's circumstances align well with the guidelines for exemption.
                Fortunately or Unfortunately blood is a none factor in the guidelines mentioned
                Compared to the Thon Maker(s),Majok(s) etc.,those guys already had passports at a very early age.I believe maker was already 14 when he was discovered,more likely he was already an Australian citizen.On the otherhand,he is also qualified as a marginal player which is also stated in FIBA's eligibility rules.Both provision does not apply to Kuoame's case.The reason why i suggested that maybe we could habe more liberal laws in cases of naturalized athletes and refugees that may qualify as athletes as well. Maybe "if" Kuoame was accepted as a refugee,given asylum then granted citizenship then maybe even afterthe age of 16,he'll may be considered as a local.
                The same shall apply with respect to refugees enjoying asylum rights and displaced persons (UN Conventions). In certain cases, FIBA nationality may be granted to a player.
                Last edited by Alex07; 01-18-2020, 02:19 PM.
                "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Why are we so obsessed in Kouame? I doubt his playing style fits gilas(can be wrong though). He is not a good three point shooter. Decent Mid range. His Game is inside. I see him as a poor mans Junmar at best, and A rich mans Greg Slaughter at worst. Well not bad for gilas. He will be
                  a good backup big man.

But if a lot of work to do, I will put my attention to clarkson,remy, brownlee,cmac,jones. I think kouame is not even in the plans of sbp. Never heard of his name associated with gilas.

But analyzed is right. He have a high chance of being exempted. But it is not the priority for now

Comment

• let them be, is see no downside in pursuing him naman...

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                      Why are we so obsessed in Kouame? I doubt his playing style fits gilas(can be wrong though). He is not a good three point shooter. Decent Mid range. His Game is inside. I see him as a poor mans Junmar at best, and A rich mans Greg Slaughter at worst. Well not bad for gilas. He will be
                      a good backup big man.

But if a lot of work to do, I will put my attention to clarkson,remy, brownlee,cmac,jones. I think kouame is not even in the plans of sbp. Never heard of his name associated with gilas.

But analyzed is right. He have a high chance of being exempted. But it is not the priority for now
                      Kuoame doesn’t get the same hype because he’s not a local but he’s clearly the best player in the uaap.

Comment

• I'm predicting gilas will win against Thailand and Indonesia.

Comment

• Originally posted by all_about View Post
                          I'm predicting gilas will win against Thailand and Indonesia.
                          Even a grade 3 basketball fan can predict that. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                            Kuoame doesn’t get the same hype because he’s not a local but he’s clearly the best player in the uaap.
                            Best player is debatable. Some would say he only flourish with Coach Tab System. Put Chabi yo and Bright in Ateneo, they will have the same impact. But is Kouame will still be kouame in ust and UP?

But as I said if we got him as local, not bad for gilas

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                              Why are we so obsessed in Kouame? I doubt his playing style fits gilas(can be wrong though). He is not a good three point shooter. Decent Mid range. His Game is inside. I see him as a poor mans Junmar at best, and A rich mans Greg Slaughter at worst. Well not bad for gilas. He will be
                              a good backup big man.

To be fair Kuoame is way better than Slaughter.More mobile,more athletic,has more fluid movements,has a lot more energy and the most important thing,is not afraid of contact.If Kuoame played in the US in highschool more likely he'll be recruited in a D1 school just like Kai and AJ.i actually rate him along with Kai although Kai i think is better skilled now,Kuoame has "NBA ready body"(not skills but has a more chieseled physique).

Last edited by Alex07; 01-19-2020, 01:23 AM.
                              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• As compared to a young Slaughter,Kuoame is better if not way better.Not to mention he could produce better numbers. i dont remember Slaughter getting 27 rebounds in a game.

just imagine if we had passed off Kuoame as a local by a marginal case exemption by FIBA.Kuoame with the cadets will be more formidable against a team like Thailand or Korea.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information