Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheNatural7 View Post
    Not necessarily. In terms of pure passing (the ability to see the opening and deliver the ball), I would put him above Nieto and Perez. At the same age, he's also a better passer than Kiefer. He doesn't create opportunities for others quite as well most of our PGs however (creation, to me, is the ability to create openings for others). Creation requires being a threat to score in various situations as well as passing. He's not on their level just yet.

Kai can make more types of passes through a wider variety of windows than most PGs. He doesn't have as many assists by virtue of position and playstyle, but that doesn't necessarily mean he isn't as good of a passer or better.
    Add his willingness to pass as well. He'll be huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cocoy Martin
      LOL when did we last beat Korea?

Let me refresh your memory idiots ... FIBA 2013 when we were the hosts and we scheduled Korea to play the 9PM games of the tourney

After that it was back to normal ... Korea owned our ass like how Koreans own pinays asses in eery girlie bar in Cainta, Pasay and Las Pinas

Korea will make mincemeat of not only Gilas but of Kai

Anyone who has the balls here lets have a bet ... and I'll give you the choice of two

one is Kai won't even average 10 fucking points in this tournament - he averages 10 pts in this window I'll leave IBN, but if he doesnt anyone who calls the bet leave

the other one is Korea will kick our asses again as usual .. 0-2 vs Korea in this window, Gilas wins 1 game Im out but if they lose both then whoever calls the bet leaves IBN

i hope someone here has the balls to take either bet ... because if no one does the it just goes to show you that none of you TURDS have any confidence either in Kai or Gilas

game?
      Easy there, man. You used to be reasonable when I first saw you comment. Now you're sounding like the ones with whom you're fighting in the Kai thread.

And SoKor has made mincemeat out of us, and maybe they will, maybe they won't. However, this is primarily a development window. We don't need to win against them. Just keep it close and fight, just see how the young guys perform. If they perform well, great. We're primarily looking for signs of development and potential. That, and how our system will fare against them.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
        Not just 7 feet, hes 7 foot 3. He towers over everybody in the bubble. That's a huge advantage. Who's the next tallest player?
        In our team? It's Cariño at 6'9 then Baltazar at 6'8. In the Korean side, Kim Jongkyu is the tallest at 6'10 followed by Ra and Yeo Junseok - both are 6'8.

Comment

LOL when did we last beat Korea?

Let me refresh your memory idiots ... FIBA 2013 when we were the hosts and we scheduled Korea to play the 9PM games of the tourney

After that it was back to normal ... Korea owned our ass like how Koreans own pinays asses in eery girlie bar in Cainta, Pasay and Las Pinas

Korea will make mincemeat of not only Gilas but of Kai

Anyone who has the balls here lets have a bet ... and I'll give you the choice of two

one is Kai won't even average 10 fucking points in this tournament - he averages 10 pts in this window I'll leave IBN, but if he doesnt anyone who calls the bet leave

the other one is Korea will kick our asses again as usual .. 0-2 vs Korea in this window, Gilas wins 1 game Im out but if they lose both then whoever calls the bet leaves IBN

i hope someone here has the balls to take either bet ... because if no one does the it just goes to show you that none of you TURDS have any confidence either in Kai or Gilas

game?
          Ok ,I call your bet, If Gilas goes 0-2 against Sokor this window, I'll be out of IBN...With Tab ciaching and 1 month preparation for sure Tab has defense prepared for Sokor...Besides Sokor will be sending their B+ plus not their Team A(they wint have top PG #5and and top shooter#3 and their Enforcer 6-7 forward #2...

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
            the korean klay thompson

I was looking forward to see their PG Kim Sun-Hyung, good test sana for Kiefer and Juan.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
              More than anything, I think it's the physicality of the Iranians
              Yeah, we're also known for producing players who like to play physical. Problem is, why can't we do this effectively in FIBA tournaments?

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                Feel ko either Indonesia or Thailand will upset Koreans.. mapapagod yan satin then kinabukasan eh they are gassed out.. they will face fresh Indo and Thais.. Sa dalawa eh i will bank on Indonesia to upset Korea.. Prosper vs Ratliffe will be a key match up.. If Prosper can do what he did when he face TNT and Terrence Jones (he put 37 pts and 13 rebs), SMB with Rhodes (40 and 10) and Ginebra w/ Brownlee (45 pts) then they have a chance...
                Nope, even indo (w/prosper) and thai (lamb) couldn’t make an upset against the Korean, unless they know how to defend koreans. Even prosper could logged 50-30 stats against SK, he would run out of gas. let’s be realistic, Indonesia is still not in the same level of chinese taipei, saudi, guam, syria,etc. it would take years before they reached that level.

The “sayang” team is thailand. They have good bigs and wings but couldn’t get naturalized import.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                  That's becoz age plays a huge factor on a player's playing capabilities. Its a certainty that a 26-year old player would play better than an 18-year old one even if they are of equal skills. Giannis Antetokounmpo was 18 years old when he played for the Greece National team in the 2014 FIBA World Cup. Yet Giannis registered measly stats & wasn't really much of a factor for his Greek team. In fact, I didn't even notice him when Gilas played Greece in that tournament. I think if Giannis got to play against Dray Blatche in that game, lalamunin sya ng buhay ni Blatche. But right now, if ever Giannis faces even a prime Dray Blatche, the tables would be reversed. Blatche won't stand a chance against Giannis right now.

That is why it really annoys me reading posts like, "Kai should dominate Prosper or Ratliffe for Kai to boost his stock in the NBA draft". I say that is an unrealistic expectation & its unfair for Kai.

Totally Agree!!

Comment

What an idiot you are, IBN admin will disable the account of the loser so no way a new account can be created, if you’re afraid to take the bet because you have no confidence in Gilas or Kai then STFU
                    Jobert N., take the bet na.. For me, I'll just enjoy watching the games without expectations(bilog ang bola)..

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                      Jobert N., take the bet na.. For me, I'll just enjoy watching the games without expectations(bilog ang bola)..
                      We are on the same page. I'll just watch and enjoy the game and see how far the cadets as well as Kai have improved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
                        In our team? It's Cariño at 6'9 then Baltazar at 6'8. In the Korean side, Kim Jongkyu is the tallest at 6'10 followed by Ra and Yeo Junseok - both are 6'8.
                        So Kai really is a unicorn in this bubble. I'd like to think will go undefeated with all our advantages and longer prep time than usual but it's Korea.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                          So Kai really is a unicorn in this bubble. I'd like to think will go undefeated with all our advantages and longer prep time than usual but it's Korea.
                          Baka ma Lee Sang-min na naman tayo(trans: hoping for Gilas to win over South Korea)

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                            Baka ma Lee Sang-min na naman tayo(trans: hoping for Gilas to win over South Korea)
                            I believe Tab is the real key here. He's no Chot or Yeng. Winning against Korea would be big for our teams morale and of course us fans. I always feel uneasy when were playing against them. Like they could always snatch a victory from us

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                              the korea pool

Ra GunA (KCC Egis) 6'7, 31 y.o.
                              Kim JongKyu (Wonju DB) 6'10, 29 y.o.
                              Kang SangJae (Incheon ET) 6'8, 26 y.o.
                              Yeo JunSeok (NBA Global Academy) 6'8, 18 y.o
                              Lee SeungHyun (Goyang Orions) 6'7, 28 y.o.
                              Jeon JunBeom (Ulsan Mobis) 6'5, 29 y.o.
                              An YoungJun (Seoul SK) 6'5. 25 y.o.
                              Lee KwanHee (Seoul Samsung - former Ginebra import) 6'3, 32 y.o.
                              Byeon JunHyeong (Anyang KGC) 6'1, 24 y.o.
                              Kim NakHyeon (Incheon ET) 6'0, 25 y.o.
                              Heo Hoon (Busan KT) 5'11, 25 y.o.
                              Kim SiRae (Changwon LG) 5'10, 31 y.o.

credits to enzo flojo
                              we will see another sensational kid named Lee Hyun-jung (davidson player) in the future korean MNBT. Played in fiba asia u18 together with yeo.
                              sigpic

Comment

• If we breakdown Korea's line up, it will be like this:

Center

Kim Jongkyu 6'11
                                Ra Gunah 6'8

Power Forwards

Yeo Junseok 6'8
                                Kang Sangjae 6'7
                                Lee Seunghyun 6'6

Small Forwards

Jeon Junbeom 6'5
                                An Youngjun 6'5

Shooting Guards

Lee Kwanhee 6'3
                                Byeon Junhyeong 6'2

Point Guards

Kim Nakhyeon 6'0
                                Heo Hoon 5'11
                                Kim Sirae 5'11

The team is not that tall as always but skilled enough to beat Asian teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information