Page 99 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 3504

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

  1. #1961
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pampanga, Phil
    Posts
    5,068

    Default

    Final 12
    C: Tautuaa, Erram
    PF: Rosario, Tratter, Go
    SF: Mocon, Thirdy
    SG:Perez, Pogoy, Suerte/Bulanadi
    PG: Ravena, Matt/JGDL

    SUERTE and Bulanadi alternating in the 2games as 3rd string SG, Matt and JGDL alternating as backup PG
    Ramos and Dave alternating in 2 games if Mocon wont make the final 12...

  2. #1962
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    347
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    That is the negative outcome if our college program are always depends getting foreign big man.. our local big man have no chance to develop.. getting foreign players are good.. but we need to prioritize our local bigs.. also greediness of some pba teams getting too much of big man prospects even they have already complete set of bigs in their team.. sayang Yung guys like AVO, Matt Aquino, De Guzman, etc... If they are in the right team eh they will be vital contributor of the team.. or another big thing eh most of the big man's are ineligible guys like tautuaa, rosser and Cstand (he can only play as naturalized)..
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    [I]Remember Baltazar has to come behind Mbala and Go has always credited his game guarding Kuoame in practice.If players don't develop it's not because they have to play less minutes, African players coming over to play college here usually are former football players that were converted to play basketball.It just mean that locals have more time playing the game getting exposed basically at an early age.If they don't develop, its more likely that is because they don't play as hard as the other athlete.
    I agree that imports takes playing time from our locals but what's stopping them from adding & improving their skills by their own hardworking and effort?

  3. #1963
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,420
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote49 View Post
    I agree that imports takes playing time from our locals but what's stopping them from adding & improving their skills by their own hardworking and effort?
    Yeah. Agree with this one. Pba and Uaap must go global now.

    For ex. US NCAA are open to letting international players like Kai Sotto to play in their league. They are not afraid of the possibility that Kai can stop the development of their local big.

    The more our local players exposed to playing against international tougher players, the better

    But there is a BIG NECCESITY, PBA and UAAP must add teams.

    There are rumors that SM and BDO(Sister Company) will join Pba. Hope it is true

  4. #1964
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,948
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsowncrscal View Post
    Tautuaa, mocon and tratter are in the pool in the fiba page

    http://www.fiba.basketball/asiacup/2...am/Philippines
    And yet there is no official announcement yet. Tautuaa is a good replacement for CS. He can handle Prosper. Hope SMC lends him.

  5. #1965
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Not sure how accurate the measurement, but my 5'10 Atenean girlfriend told me that she towers over Kiefer by an inch or two. But he's listed at 6'1 in FIBA website.

  6. #1966
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,547
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Yeah. Agree with this one. Pba and Uaap must go global now.

    For ex. US NCAA are open to letting international players like Kai Sotto to play in their league. They are not afraid of the possibility that Kai can stop the development of their local big.

    The more our local players exposed to playing against international tougher players, the better

    But there is a BIG NECCESITY, PBA and UAAP must add teams.

    There are rumors that SM and BDO(Sister Company) will join Pba. Hope it is true
    UAAP and NCAA should be only 1 league only.. the main reason Philippine sports in general is still divided by greedy persons and devil politicians coming to sports world..

  7. #1967
    Senior Member yogaflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,508

    Default

    Paras, Parks Jr. and Baltazar are mercenaries and primadonnas. Honestly there talent is needed , but we cannot have this type of attitude for our team. Replace them with good role and team players like Navarro. And for insurance, include Blatche.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #1968
    Senior Member yogaflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    This guy won't play for Gilas because

    Like I said before, Bong Pineda's player are mercenaries. We don't need excess luggage like them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #1969
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,806
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Paras, Parks Jr. and Baltazar are mercenaries and primadonnas. Honestly there talent is needed , but we cannot have this type of attitude for our team. Replace them with good role and team players like Navarro. And for insurance, include Blatche.
    Didn’t Paras attend practice? He also wanted to play for the national team in SeaG even though the pba pool was announced already. Afaik he is actually pretty passionate about the NT. Do you have proof or are you just saying random stuff again lol.

  10. #1970
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,806
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kamokamo View Post
    Not sure how accurate the measurement, but my 5'10 Atenean girlfriend told me that she towers over Kiefer by an inch or two. But he's listed at 6'1 in FIBA website.
    5’8 Kiefer? what?

  11. #1971
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,547
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Paras, Parks Jr. and Baltazar are mercenaries and primadonnas. Honestly there talent is needed , but we cannot have this type of attitude for our team. Replace them with good role and team players like Navarro. And for insurance, include Blatche.
    If Baltazar join the PBA draft this year.. Is Gilas management take him as one of the cadets?

  12. #1972
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,037
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kamokamo View Post
    Not sure how accurate the measurement, but my 5'10 Atenean girlfriend told me that she towers over Kiefer by an inch or two. But he's listed at 6'1 in FIBA website.
    Best check his official PBA measurements

  13. #1973
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    5’8 Kiefer? what?
    Mga ganyan height range
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  14. #1974
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Surrey BC
    Posts
    373
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Paras, Parks Jr. and Baltazar are mercenaries and primadonnas. Honestly there talent is needed , but we cannot have this type of attitude for our team. Replace them with good role and team players like Navarro. And for insurance, include Blatche.
    As reported several times already in this thread, Kobe is INJURED.

  15. #1975
    Senior Member Cyclone7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    217
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kamokamo View Post
    Not sure how accurate the measurement, but my 5'10 Atenean girlfriend told me that she towers over Kiefer by an inch or two. But he's listed at 6'1 in FIBA website.
    Kiefer definitely isn’t 6’1 but I don’t buy him being shorter than 5’9 at least with shoes. His official height at the combine was 5’10 2/5”.

    https://m.facebook.com/StarHotshotsF...12174615521936
    Last edited by Cyclone7; 02-10-2020 at 08:29 PM.

  16. #1976
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,341
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone7 View Post
    Kiefer definitely isn’t 6’1 but I don’t buy him being shorter than 5’9 at least with shoes. His official height at the combine was 5’10 2/5”.

    https://m.facebook.com/StarHotshotsF...12174615521936
    His girlfriend might be 5’11 in shoes

  17. #1977
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsowncrscal View Post
    Tautuaa, mocon and tratter are in the pool in the fiba page

    http://www.fiba.basketball/asiacup/2...am/Philippines
    the submition update to FIBA for a 24 man pool is a seperate step from actually securing the players availability from their mother team and their consent. the former needed to be done ASAP as there are deadlines... (even if the players and their mother teams haven't been consulted or agreed yet),, At this point it's still a bit uncertain that Tuatuaa gets to play...
    Then there is also the injury situation, if Ping and Kobe haven't even practices yet and the game is just 9 days from now! It's quite moot that they won't get to play

  18. #1978
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16,027

    Default

    ^
    Based on that the realistic available players are:

    1. Kiefer, Matt, 1GDL
    2. Pogoy , CJ, Dave
    3. Kiefer, Dwight, Bulanadi
    4.Troy, Chua
    5 Erram, Go

    Of course if Mo and Tratter show up today (not tomorrow or later this weeK) , then it's possible for them to be included.

    BTW Parks and Wright's name are ommited on the fiba website pool list
    Last edited by analyzed; 02-10-2020 at 09:59 PM.

  19. #1979
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone7 View Post
    Kiefer definitely isn’t 6’1 but I don’t buy him being shorter than 5’9 at least with shoes. His official height at the combine was 5’10 2/5”.

    https://m.facebook.com/StarHotshotsF...12174615521936


    People here are so obsessed with inches. From 5'10 to 6'1, does it really matter really? Who cares about this real height. He is short. He wont grow another inch between now and 2023.

  20. #1980
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,547
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    ^
    Based on that the realistic available players are:

    1. Kiefer, Matt, 1GDL
    2. Pogoy , CJ, Dave
    3. Kiefer, Dwight, Bulanadi
    4.Troy, Chua
    5 Erram, Go

    Of course if Mo and Tratter show up today (not tomorrow or later this weeK) , then it's possible for them to be included.

    BTW Parks and Wright's name are ommited on the fiba website pool list
    I don't know if Tautuaa will get green light from SMB.. w/ Fajardo is out eh he will be the main big man of SMB right now.. They are also joining a pocket tourney in w/c Phoenix will be hosting.. So don't expect Tautuaa will release by SMB.. another plan is to get Malonzo.. he is not yet busy right now and only PBA D-League as his only commitment eh they can borrow him as of now... his team Marinero in D-League eh also have De Liano bros. as his teammates that are also in Gilas.. so putting his name in the pool will be more option than Tautuaa..

Page 99 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •