Page 90 of 176 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 3504

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Japeth and Standhardinger back out
    Without these two bigs the chances of Indonesia and Thailand pulling an upset have increased, With them having Naturalized players they can shock our Gilas.
    “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.”

- Kobe Bryant

Rest in Peace Mamba..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Good news on the non inclusion of our vets... if there is time to go young its now for goodness sakes
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Note: 24 man pool is already submitted.. no further changes.. we go young then..
    Agree.

The non-availability of CS & Japeth & those SMC players not being named to the 24-man Gilas pool could be a blessing in disguised in so far as young player development is concerned. Of course having too many young players in the pool/team would jeopardize our team's chances vs. Thailand & Indonesia. Its a no brainer.

I'm in favor of the "one step backward, two steps forward" approach, that is, we go for young player development which will benefit Phi basketball in the long run (while it may jeopardize our chances of winning at present), rather than the "win now" advocacy.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    Without these two bigs the chances of Indonesia and Thailand pulling an upset have increased, With them having Naturalized players they can shock our Gilas.
    Making it interesting naman hahaha.. we need periods of adversity how can we win against our competition if lagi gusto natin sure win..its a mental game still..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quite funny that the poster for gilas indo game in Indonesia features lassiter and cs thats why i take the poster with prosper on it as a grain of salt and not as confirmation na cleared na may passport na si lester
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Making it interesting naman hahaha.. we need periods of adversity how can we win against our competition if lagi gusto natin sure win..its a mental game still..
    I'm fine with go, erram and Rosario as our bigs.. Thailand's bigs are thin and Rosario can dominate these big man from Thailand.. while we will still wait on prosper's naturalization in Indonesia, but I have that feeling we will still win convincingly.. RR pogoy can stop Tyler lamb or Morgan of Thailand.. anyway he can defend over brownlee.. so stopping them we be a task for pogoy..

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Agree.

The non-availability of CS & Japeth & those SMC players not being named to the 24-man Gilas pool could be a blessing in disguised in so far as young player development is concerned. Of course having too many young players in the pool/team would jeopardize our team's chances vs. Thailand & Indonesia. Its a no brainer.

I'm in favor of the "one step backward, two steps forward" approach, that is, we go for young player development which will benefit Phi basketball in the long run (while it may jeopardize our chances of winning at present), rather than the "win now" advocacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I'm fine with go, erram and Rosario as our bigs.. Thailand's bigs are thin and Rosario can dominate these big man from Thailand.. while we will still wait on prosper's naturalization in Indonesia, but I have that feeling we will still win convincingly.. RR pogoy can stop Tyler lamb or Morgan of Thailand.. anyway he can defend over brownlee.. so stopping them we be a task for pogoy..
    But i am still hoping that Balti will join Gilas practice. Gilas needs additional ceiling while Balti needs exposure and development that he will not get in NBL. It's a win-win scenario for both parties tbh.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Basically blueprint due to lack of time is Tnt /Nlex( Pogoy, Troy, Erram, Kiefer) +Ateneo (Go, Matt, 3dy, Dwight). Plus hugot CJ, (maybe Ping)
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    But i am still hoping that Balti will join Gilas practice. Gilas needs additional ceiling while Balti needs exposure and development that he will not get in NBL. It's a win-win scenario for both parties tbh.
    What's on the news of baltazar? Is he will still play for DLSU this coming uaap season? If not then he should join already in gilas like de liano bros did.. sbp should get baltazar in next selection of gilas draftees next draft..

It would be stupid if Balti will miss this one. With Balti in there, we have an insurance bigs aside from Erram, Go and Troy...

If Parks, Wright and Belo wont practice we can play all our young guns alternating them in the 2 window games. Playing one against Indon and the other in the Thai game. some, Matt and JGDL as Backup PG, Dave and Ramos and Bulanadi and Suerte...

C: Go, Erram
    PF: Troy, Balti(if Balti is not available then Pingris)
    SF:Thirdy, Kobe, Ramos/Dave
    SG: Perez, Pogoy, Suerte/Bulanadi
    PG: Kiefer, Matt/1GDL

Basically blueprint due to lack of time is Tnt /Nlex( Pogoy, Troy, Erram, Kiefer) +Ateneo (Go, Matt, 3dy, Dwight). Plus hugot CJ, (maybe Ping)
    Shall i say that meralco is the most useless team in mvp group in terms of gilas help? Haha

I mean beyond almazan, there are no other gilas material in the team. RDO is retired, newsome and hodge are both ineligible, amer and quinto are role players at best.

Smart move also... We are just screwed up with the unavailability of CS and Japs, as our ceiling was affected...Sana ma Naturalizwd na si Kuoame... Bdw, was itbin SBPs plan to ask for Exemption for Kuoame to play him as local or tayo tauo lang may alam noon...

So basically this could be the line up..
    C - erram
    Pf - Rosario / go (can play center thou)
    SF - Ramos (is he good?) / Paras (questionable) / thirdy
    Sg - pogoy / Wright (questionable) / Perez / Dave
    Pg - Matt / kiefer

Then players in the pool have outside chance are
    Ping (dire need of big man)
    Baltazar (must commit now)
    Parks (ayusin mo sarili mo, wag pabebe)
    Jdgl (maybe can take the spot for either Wright or Dave)

Shall i say that meralco is the most useless team in mvp group in terms of gilas help? Haha

I mean beyond almazan, there are no other gilas material in the team. RDO is retired, newsome and hodge are both ineligible, amer and quinto are role players at best.
    Their GM panlilio s**ks anyway.. so no surprise there.. w/o Durham eh meralco is always at the bottom..

So basically this could be the line up..
    C - erram
    Pf - Rosario / go (can play center thou)
    SF - Ramos (is he good?) / Paras (questionable) / thirdy
    Sg - pogoy / Wright (questionable) / Perez / Dave
    Pg - Matt / kiefer

Then players in the pool have outside chance are
    Ping (dire need of big man)
    Baltazar (must commit now)
    Parks (ayusin mo sarili mo, wag pabebe)
    Jdgl (maybe can take the spot for either Wright or Dave)
    Nakakapikon na tong si Parks... Was one of my favorite player before, but after 2016 OQT, he has been doingbstupid moves after the other.... Walang saysay ang pag decline nia sa World Cup, when in the next conference matrade lang pala siya. COMEONE WOrld CUp comes every 4 years, Parks loss was Perez gain.... Look at then now, walang kaconnect connect mga fans kay Parks while Perez is a fan favorite...

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Nakakapikon na tong si Parks... Was one of my favorite player before, but after 2016 OQT, he has been doingbstupid moves after the other.... Walang saysay ang pag decline nia sa World Cup, when in the next conference matrade lang pala siya. COMEONE WOrld CUp comes every 4 years, Parks loss was Perez gain.... Look at then now, walang kaconnect connect mga fans kay Parks while Perez is a fan favorite...
    I remember here at the past that many of them here at ibn believe that parks will be better pick than Perez.. I was only one that telling Perez is better pick than parks.. and I'm correct.. beyond talent eh attitude also is one of the reasons why I'm not believe in parks.. the latter will be downward while Perez will be the future stars in the pba.. I hope that parks will be ban if he declined to sign with tnt.. I want to see him ban for 7 years.. although many leagues can he play outside pba eh many fans will turn off in him and will be considered as one of the hateful players in this decade.. ala abueva..

I remember here at the past that many of them here at ibn believe that parks will be better pick than Perez.. I was only one that telling Perez is better pick than parks.. and I'm correct.. beyond talent eh attitude also is one of the reasons why I'm not believe in parks.. the latter will be downward while Perez will be the future stars in the pba.. I hope that parks will be ban if he declined to sign with tnt.. I want to see him ban for 7 years.. although many leagues can he play outside pba eh many fans will turn off in him and will be considered as one of the hateful players in this decade.. ala abueva..
    Physically Parks would still have advantage... But your right with his attitude, Perez will have better career than him if he dont mend his ways...

If you think about it, we will have a really mobile lineup even without cs and aguilar.

Go, Erram
    Balti, Troy
    Paras, Ramos
    Dave/Parks , Wright, Perez
    Matt, Ravena,JGDL

i feel all ineligible from meralco should be traded for cj perez. well except for hodge.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

I hope balti will still say the same words today.

"Nagulat ako, pero kung papalarin, malaking tulong ito para sa akin. Natutuwa ako na may nakakakita pala sa akin," he said.

xxxx

"Goal ko talagang makapaglaro sa ganun. Gusto kong ma-experience yung international," he shared.

xxxx

He then continued, "Kung mala-line up, ibibigay ko talaga lahat para sa bayan."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....baltazar-61254

"Dati, nagpapa-picture lang ako. Dream ko talaga ito," the 6-foot-7 center said.

"Syempre sa dinami-dami ng players na gustong makapaglaro dito, na-mention nila ako. Yun pa lang, malaking honor na para sa akin."

https://www.spin.ph/multisport/sea-g...a2437-20190921

I balti is still has this words today.

"Nagulat ako, pero kung papalarin, malaking tulong ito para sa akin. Natutuwa ako na may nakakakita pala sa akin," he said.

xxxx

"Goal ko talagang makapaglaro sa ganun. Gusto kong ma-experience yung international," he shared.

xxxx

He then continued, "Kung mala-line up, ibibigay ko talaga lahat para sa bayan."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....baltazar-61254
    I'm sure he has a valid excuse why he didn't attend yesterdays practice. I expect him to show up.

Page 90 of 176 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast