An Youngjun 6'5

Shooting Guards

Lee Kwanhee 6'3
    Byeon Junhyeong 6'2

Point Guards

Kim Nakhyeon 6'0
    Heo Hoon 5'11
    Kim Sirae 5'11

The team is not that tall as always but skilled enough to beat Asian teams.
    That is one scary team. We all know there system and team work is like a machine. Let us just enjoy this series. The secret to beat them is physicality, Korea hates that, that is why they always lose against Middle East team and in the last WC. Let us hope and pray for miracle this team which is pretty solid. We really are underdog because we don't have a naturalize player and most of our players are cadets. But it is a good training ground for our young team especially for Kai.

The biggest problem of Team Pilipinas is psychological fear. Korea always have our numbers. Let us be reminded on Karate Kid 3 quote "It's ok to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear"
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
      If we breakdown Korea's line up, it will be like this:

Center

Kim Jongkyu 6'11
      Ra Gunah 6'8

Power Forwards

Yeo Junseok 6'8
      Kang Sangjae 6'7
      Lee Seunghyun 6'6

Small Forwards

Jeon Junbeom 6'5
      An Youngjun 6'5

Shooting Guards

Lee Kwanhee 6'3
      Byeon Junhyeong 6'2

Point Guards

Kim Nakhyeon 6'0
      Heo Hoon 5'11
      Kim Sirae 5'11

The team is not that tall as always but skilled enough to beat Asian teams.
      Center

Kai Sotto 7'2
      Isaac Go 6'8

Power Forward

Justine Baltazar 6'7
      Troy Rosario 6'7

Combo Forward

Javi Gomez de Liaño 6'5

Small Forward

Dwight Ramos 6'5
      Calvin Oftana 6'5

Shooting Guard

Roger Pogoy 6'2
      CJ Perez 6'2

Combo Guard

Juan Gomez de Liaño 6'1

Point Guard

Kiefer Ravena 5'11
      Matt Nieto 6'0
      https://www.facebook.com/pinoybaskebol/?fref=ts

http://pinoybasketbol.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
        I believe Tab is the real key here. He's no Chot or Yeng. Winning against Korea would be big for our teams morale and of course us fans. I always feel uneasy when were playing against them. Like they could always snatch a victory from us
        Everytime we play South Korea, its either we lose via big margin or we lose via a heartbreaker. Either way, masakit eh. Its like sira ang boong linggo mo with the lose.

Hope everything will change from now on. I don't expect much from our Gilas developmental team vs. Korea in February. We may lose (I'm not saying maliit yung chance natin manalo) both our games vs. Korea, but its good that our young cadets get to play Korea this early. Better for them to get the feel of the Korean game right now kahit matalo man. That's the key in beating the koreans, play them as frequently as possible to get accustomed to their style of game.

Its a good feeling that the concept of "23 for 2023" is now on the roll. Kai finally joining the Gilas developmental team & is likely to play in the 3rd window, is a huge step towards forming a highly competitive team in the 2023 FIBA World Cup & beyond.

Those are significant positives that I see with Phi basketball right now.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Is there still hope for a Terrence Romeo appearance? He may be a defense liability but he is torn to Koreas defense. And Coach Tab is familiar on how to utilize his talents.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
            Can you change Isaac Go for Justin Chua.. atleast Chua can defend.. While Go is not so good defender..
            Either of the three(Go 6'8, Chua 6'6 and Soyud 6'6) as back-up of Kai for the 5 position.
            https://www.facebook.com/pinoybaskebol/?fref=ts

http://pinoybasketbol.com/

Comment

• It will be difficult, I'm scared we might lose both 2 games against them and all with a blowout, but lets trust Coach Tab system on how he will utilize cadets and a few pba players and no naturalize player against a solid Korea team. We may not like him, but Paras is still a big lost.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
                Is there still hope for a Terrence Romeo appearance? He may be a defense liability but he is torn to Koreas defense. And Coach Tab is familiar on how to utilize his talents.

This is Yeng talking praises on Romeo 2 months before the basketbrawl with the Australia. We can keep blaming on Yeng for the non-inclusions of Romeo, but those praises does not seem to sound like a hater.

I think it really is more of the burned bridges relationship of Terrence with the MVP camp. No matter how talented you are, if you ruffled some feathers lalo na yung management it's pretty much a game over for you na maisali sa handled teams nila.

I'm sure if Terrence was still on TNT, no doubt that Yeng and Tab will give him a try at least on being part of the pool. But it's time to move on, we have a bigger version of him in Juan Gomez De Liaño.

Comment

• Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
                  It will be difficult, I'm scared we might lose both 2 games against them and all with a blowout, but lets trust Coach Tab system on how he will utilize cadets and a few pba players and no naturalize player against a solid Korea team. We may not like him, but Paras is still a big lost.
                  Surprise pick would be Will Navarro, I just have a good hunch he will be that defensive wing to chase around and bother with his length those Korean shooters.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
                    Surprise pick would be Will Navarro, I just have a good hunch he will be that defensive wing to chase around and bother with his length those Korean shooters.
                    I agree. The kid is a long 6'6 forward and his physique is closer to those of Koreans.
                    Attack
                    defend
                    Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
                      Speaking of length, I think one key in beating Korea is to have good length specially in the wings. Tall & good length wings is essential in disrupting Korea's vaunted passing game. The way I see it, the Koreans get their shooting & offense going thru their crisp passing. So the key is to disrupt & clog the passing lane with good length players, specially the wingmen. Guys like Dwight Ramos, Oftana, Navarro & Javi GDL would be the key here.

I think as we get taller & better length wings in our nat'l team, mas tataas chance natin to beat korea in a regular basis, hopefully. Of course, we get taller without trading off quickness, mobility & flexibility.

I believe the taller & better length wings would come from our teen players like Basti Reyes, Francis Lopez, Cholo Anonuevo, as well as those Fil-am players currently in their teens like Tobias, Caleum Harris(hope they are eligible).
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• double post
                        Last edited by JAMSKIE; 01-23-2021, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                          Speaking of length, I think one key in beating Korea is to have good length specially in the wings. Tall & good length wings is essential in disruption Korea's vaunted passing game. The way I see it, the Koreans get their shooting & offense going thru their crisp passing. So the key is to disrupt & clog the passing lane with good length players, specially the wingmen. Guys like Dwight Ramos, Oftana, Navarro & Javi GDL would be the key here.

I think as we get taller & better length wings in our nat'l team, mas taas chance natin to beat korea in a regular basis, hopefully. Of course, we get taller without trading off quickness, mobility & flexibility.

I believe the taller & better length wings would come from our teen players like Basti Reyes, Francis Lopez, Cholo Anonuevo, as well as those Fil-am players currently in their teens like Tobias, Caleum Harris(hope they are eligible).
                          One thing I liked from the recent cadets team was the intensity and discipline they played defensively against Thailand, I think the young guys have enough of a motor and willingness to really play D and I think they will give Korea a hard time since this team has size and length + athleticism

Comment

• This would the 1st real test for Dwight Ramos against a very good South Korean basketball Team. Hopefully he delivers and proved he is a must have for our National team as a replacement for Gabe Norwood but with better offensive game.

Comment

• Originally posted by fadzki View Post
                              This would the 1st real test for Dwight Ramos against a very good South Korean basketball Team. Hopefully he delivers and proved he is a must have for our National team as a replacement for Gabe Norwood but with better offensive game.
                              Agree. No matter how good Dwight & the rest of the team played last 2nd window, still it was against a depleted Thailand team that we routed. Nothing much to boost.

The real test will be against our traditional tormentor Sokor.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                                One thing I liked from the recent cadets team was the intensity and discipline they played defensively against Thailand, I think the young guys have enough of a motor and willingness to really play D and I think they will give Korea a hard time since this team has size and length + athleticism
                                and a better preparation as well. Better than what the Koreans would get. I think one thing not going against the Koreans is the fact that the KBL season is on going. From the way I see it, Korea will have no more than 10 days to prepare

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information