Page 692 of 855 FirstFirst ... 192592642682690691692693694702742792 ... LastLast
Results 13,821 to 13,840 of 17098

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by anon9000 View Post
    Korea is nearly a medalist in every FIBA or Asian games. Props to the NT for being competitive against them. They are the Spurs of Asia based on military background, discipline, ball movement, and a group oriented play.

FIBA Asia rankings

Tier 1: Australia

Tier 2: (No order and match up-style based ala rock paper scissors )

Korea
    New Zealand
    China
    Iran

**Japan (Due to talent but can also be a rank lower) **

Tier 3: ( Top heavy teams, Inconsistent preparations, recruitment based, and faulty programs in short a year to year basis also match up based)

Philippines
    Jordan
    Lebanon
    Qatar
    Iraq
    Syria
    japan should be on top. i think they are the only asian team that beat australia.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    japan should be on top. i think they are the only asian team that beat australia.
    Japan has the highest ceiling of all the Asian teams as they have two good NBA caliber wings in Rui and Watanabe that are both 2 way players. A position that the Australians struggle with unless of course Simmons fully commits to them which will solve the issue.

The thing holding Japan back is that their program has little continuity like those other countries in Tier 2. Rui, Watanabe and Fazekas boosted them up the rankings but to me its more of golden generation type of thing but who knows maybe they build of it and develop a good program.

Japan will be having a series of tune ups against Iran on 23 and 25, really asking what kind of team they will bring on clark maybe the lower end of their pool ( Tsuji, schafer and some u19 guys)
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Thailand Basketball Team that will go to Clark:

C Chanatip Jakrawan 6'8
    C Anasawee Klaewnarong 6'6
    C Sukhdave Ghogar 6'5
    F Chatpol Chuengyampin 6'4
    F Teerawat Chanthachon 6'3
    F Nakorn Jaisanuk 6'2
    F Afnan Charansarn 6'2
    G Chitchai Ananti 6'2
    G Jittapon Towaroj 6'1
    G Wattana Suttisin 6'0
    G Nattakarn Muangboon 5'11

No Tyler Lamb or Moses Morgan again.

Sani Sakakini 6'8
    2015 PTSD. buti na lang wala sina qawash & krayem ba yun

Upon joining the camp, Tamayo quickly realized how lucky he was to be a part of it. Basketball players outside the bubble had to settle for individual or small group training while Gilas Pilipinas Men got to practice and scrimmage as a full squad. The biggest advantage in joining this training camp is for Tamayo to feel what it's like as a small forward. While he's had to be a center or a power forward all his life because of his size, he knows learning how to play at the three-spot could really set him apart.

"Here, I play as a three and sometimes a four. I'm learning how to execute as a small forward, how to read the court, I also get to practice my decision-making. I realized it was a really good decision because I get to learn how to play international basketball under coach Tab (Baldwin)," he shared.

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/tv5....3fplatform=amp

Palestine line-up:

F Sani Sakakini 6'8
    F Hamza Abdullah 6'7
    F Omar El-Diraoui 6'7
    F Wasim Mesk 6'7
    C Salim Sakakini 6'6
    F Tariq Al-Tamimi 6'6
    F Qossay Anani 6'5
    F Ahmed Haroon 6'5
    F Tamer Habash 6'4
    G Kyndall Dykes 6'4
    G Jamal Mayali 6'3
    G Mamdouh Al-Haremi 5'11
    G Firas Freij 5'8

Indonesian Basketball League Finals is going to have a Game 3 in a best of 3 series. Final game is on June 6. I recognized five regular national players in the IBL Finals. Less than two weeks preparation for them. They're likely taking it easy since they're automatically qualified in Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoyg View Post
    Indonesian Basketball League Finals is going to have a Game 3 in a best of 3 series. Final game is on June 6. I recognized five regular national players in the IBL Finals. Less than two weeks preparation for them. They're likely taking it easy since they're automatically qualified in Sept.
    Their games against the other third-placers are basically just practice.

C Chanatip Jakrawan 6'8
    C Anasawee Klaewnarong 6'6
    C Sukhdave Ghogar 6'5
    F Chatpol Chuengyampin 6'4
    F Teerawat Chanthachon 6'3
    F Nakorn Jaisanuk 6'2
    F Afnan Charansarn 6'2
    G Chitchai Ananti 6'2
    G Jittapon Towaroj 6'1
    G Wattana Suttisin 6'0
    G Nattakarn Muangboon 5'11
    At 0-4 I guess they’re saving their big guns (the Thai-Ams) for the SEA games since there’s no way for them to crawl out the hole they’ve dug themselves in.

Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    And Abu Shamala. He is an underrated pure shooter at 6'5.
    ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Quote Originally Posted by cocoyg View Post
    Is B-League and IBL have collaboration agreement? I see in their FB page of B-League that they live the finals of IBL?

Quote Originally Posted by Labradoodle View Post
    I wonder if Thailand can still battle it out on the second qualifying round? After all, Indonesia is guaranteed a spot?!
    They need to beat Indonesia by 15 pts or more to have a shot in the next round.. But in that 2nd round, They will face might been very talented Guam and FIBA Asia cup veterans Taipei.. They will be a heavy underdogs there..

I think that Thailand already conceded this qualifiers. With bad luck to them that they were undermanned last window. The fact they were up against Gilas twice and a souped up Indonesia did not also help them.

This window, they are going to faced a very much prepared Indonesian squad and an always formidable South Korea. Even with Lamb, they don't stand a chance against Korea and Indonesian team with Prosper and Jawato.
    I thought Jawato will not play? If they have a game plan to take out Prosper then they have a chance actually.. Thais must need attack and attack the defense of Prosper down low to force him to foul trouble.. if they did it then they have the advantage as Indonesia doesn't have a good back up big man for Prosper... But as i said, Prosper has high basketball IQ.. He knows how to preserve his fouls... Prosper is very valuable for this team.. w/o him eh i don't see this team deserve to play in FIBA Asia cup even they are the host... What is the latest news for their planned new naturalized player Marques Bolden and their 15 year old Senegalese kids Kane and Diagne?

Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    They will have a hard time to beat Jordan.. They have little preparation due to conflict w/ Israel.. Although they are guaranteed to have a shot afterwards in 3rd place games vs India and either Syria or Saudi (Qatar might be the odd man out in their group).. Maybe they will insert these two in the 2nd round of qualifiers...

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    And Abu Shamala. He is an underrated pure shooter at 6'5.
    Kaya nga nagulat ako ng wala sya nung February game vs Kazakhstan.. If Palestine are complete eh they can beat Kazakhstan actually... Their latest naturalized player is not good..

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    At 0-4 I guess they’re saving their big guns (the Thai-Ams) for the SEA games since there’s no way for them to crawl out the hole they’ve dug themselves in.
    I heard Thailand will insert all of their Thai-Ams in SEAG because of relax eligibility.. With Vietnam as host eh they will use OCA eligibility because the host's marquee players are all FIBA ineligibles... This is could be the hardest and most competitive SEAG that Gilas will be facing.. Indonesia can also include Biboy Eugenio after Jawato and Prosper due to relax eligibility, Thailand will put all of their Thai-Ams while Vietnam will go all out to duplicate their 3rd place finished last edition.. They want a shot a gold medal against us.. And i heard Cambodia will parade also Khmer-Ams in their line up, as they will prepare also for their hosting for 2023 SEAG.. Cambodia wants also be a competitive team.. Singapore and Malaysia will be also in the mix.. This edition of SEAG will be the hardest that Gilas must face.. They need to prepare there.. I'm sure Kouame and rest of Gilas cadets will use this as big exposure for them...

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    They need to beat Indonesia by 15 pts or more to have a shot in the next round.. But in that 2nd round, They will face might been very talented Guam and FIBA Asia cup veterans Taipei.. They will be a heavy underdogs there..
    I think Thailand made the wrong decision to send Chris Daleo home. If they stuck with him throughout the pandemic, they might have had the chance to beat Indonesia in the second window. After all, Indonesia led only by 14 pts even with Prosper and Jawato playing together. Maybe, they would even beat an inexperienced Gilas.

Jama abu shamala was an overrated palestinian shooter,he should be doing more thatn just shooting for Palestine given his background..
    Last edited by reamily; 06-04-2021 at 11:01 PM.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Page 692 of 855 FirstFirst ... 192592642682690691692693694702742792 ... LastLast