Page 786 of 855 FirstFirst ... 286686736776784785786787788796836 ... LastLast
Results 15,701 to 15,720 of 17098

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

China is playing like a PBA team on steroids, too much post game
    #GoUSTe, #AnimoLaSalle #PadayonUP

Quote Originally Posted by ccharmed View Post
    If it is really only a grade 1 sprain, one to two weeks recovery is enough. Carl can productively use the "wasted" time in upper body strengthening, and shooting practices. Grade two requires 4-8 weeks as a minimum time for healing. Against serbia, the nt needs carl. There is no time for substituting the same or better pba players.

Anyway, only japheth is the most effective big replacement killer against serbia within tab's system. Sana mahiram for insurance purposes.
    If for future purposes eh i would not include first tamayo.. let him rest.. we should keep him for Asia cup this August.. I would rather go all out in Asia cup than OQT..

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    How about Salvoro and Demisina? I think those kids has better laterals than Balti and Tamayo, though they are still too young.
    Of course.. any 6'6 to 6'9 who have laterals and potentially being wing then it's a welcome sight.. we have WC qualifiers starting November and we can experiment players to develop until 2023... Because we are qualified as host eh development will be first priority there.. 2nd nalang winning..

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    How about Salvoro and Demisina? I think those kids has better laterals than Balti and Tamayo, though they are still too young.
    Of course.. any 6'6 to 6'9 who have laterals and potentially being wing then it's a welcome sight.. we have WC qualifiers starting November and we can experiment players to develop until 2023... Because we are qualified as host eh development will be first priority there.. 2nd nalang winning..

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    One guy also i think can convert into wing.. Justin Arana of Arellano should be also in Gilas cadets in near future.. That guy has some quickness, also have dribbling and have potential... He should be there in future Gilas line up...
    What's Justin Arana's height bro?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by Labradoodle View Post
    Indonesia has to address the quality of basketball in their league. I think it was in 2018 where Blackwater Elite, one of the weakest teams in the PBA became champions in Indonesia

Not saying that PBA is an elite league, but just trying to demonstrate where Indonesia is in the Asian sphere currently.

And as per Rajko's statement, I think he mentioned that Indonesia does not have a good amateur league.

Instead of "short cutting"/ circumventing FIBA rules their basketball development, they have to target the grassroots programs. Like highschool and collegiate level

With a bunch of older pros and a hefty NP with lots of experience being beaten by bunch of people who never even played in the PBA, they should look inward instead of putting the blame on Prosper or even their coach. Toroman is probably just balancing expectations vs reality.

If Indonesia didn't have Prosper and Jawato in November, Thailand would have won that game.
    Actually they already their version of cadets that played last IBL season.. they won some games there and I saw that most of their players are better than their senior counterparts.. their league is good if I compare him to pba as balance competition and rules they have.. involving naturalized players in their league as locals is also a good job for them.. it just level of talent is not there... But with having naturalized players playing in their league, the competition there in IBL will be better in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    What's Justin Arana's height bro?
    6'6 as I search in NCAA website..

Japan is better with rossiter.. that guy is bigger version of Sean Anthony w/ better IQ... Would have better if they insert him in their 1st China meeting, I think they will win over China if rossiter play than Edwards ..

Game's getting some color now

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    Game's getting some color now
    Nagsimula dun sa intsik nansa japan(Harimoto)
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Zhou Qi is really a reliable rim protector. That long arms & athleticism are bothersome for the opposing bigs & slashers.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Zhou Qi is really a reliable rim protector. That long arms & athleticism are bothersome for the opposing bigs & slashers.
    I want to see ange and Kai square up against Zhou qi and rest of Chinese bigs.. Kai have lateral advantage over Zhou and better face up game.. but on defense, Zhou is miles better..

Japan isn't really a tall/big team. They don't really have 6-foot-10 & above players. Their wings are just around 6-2 to 6-4 range & their fours are only around 6-6. Of course things would be different for Japan with Hachimura & Yuta Watanabe in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I want to see ange and Kai square up against Zhou qi and rest of Chinese bigs.. Kai have lateral advantage over Zhou and better face up game.. but on defense, Zhou is miles better..
    In terms of laterals, I don't think Kai has any edge over Zhou Qi. Being already 25 yrs old, Zhou is evidently stronger & heftier than Kai, & is more athletic as well. Kai's edge over Zhou is in the skill aspect.

Wish our wings & guards can shoot 3s like these Jap wingmen & guards.

In terms of laterals, I don't think Kai has any edge over Zhou Qi. Being already 25 yrs old, Zhou is evidently stronger & heftier than Kai, & is more athletic as well. Kai's edge over Zhou is in the skill aspect.
    Zhou qi is not good perimeter defender in his whole career.. Ratliffe easily always score against him last WC.. Ratliffe always attack him from the outside because he knows he's quicker than Zhou.. but when he face Kai, he can't blow by Kai Sotto even from outside.. madalas he take perimeter shots, remember Ratliffe's scores when Go or baltazar defending him.. that's why I feel that Kai has now better lateral movement than Zhou this time.. give Kai atleast 2-3 years, Kai will be better than Zhou... As the latter I think already reach his prime..

Japan isn't really a tall/big team. They don't really have 6-foot-10 & above players. Their wings are just around 6-2 to 6-4 range & their fours are only around 6-6. Of course things would be different for Japan with Hachimura & Yuta Watanabe in tow.
    If no nba guys, Rossuter cant take this team to next level..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Pint size Jap PG Togashi boldly attacks Zhou Qi's defense on drives several times.

As coach Tab said, "Little guys with huge heart have a place in basketball".

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    If no nba guys, Rossuter cant take this team to next level..
    Rossiter is not a go to guy import.. he's a very good role player that his job is rely on defense and rebounding.. he's a good fit for Japan, especially that coach llamas system is based on sharing the basketball...

Page 786 of 855 FirstFirst ... 286686736776784785786787788796836 ... LastLast