Page 785 of 855 FirstFirst ... 285685735775783784785786787795835 ... LastLast
Results 15,681 to 15,700 of 17098

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Oftana should be tested.. I have a feeling he will do good just like 2nd window.. He can be better than Navarro or Tuffin.. I also not give up on Rosario yet.. I think coach Tab will bring out the best in Troy just like 2016... If Parks is not "pabebe" eh he and Dwight are good combo guards..
    Here's my thinking: If coach Tab is able to convert a natural big man like Baltazar into a small forward, then what more a player like Calvin Oftana who played as a small ball "four" in college. I think Oftana has the laterals to keep in steep with the small forwards of Asian basketball, not to mention of course that he has athleticism in him. In offense, we saw those 3 tripples he sank all in the 2nd quarter in that rematch game vs. Thailand in the 2nd window.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Such a shame that Oftana went PBA. One ca just wish that NLEX/PBA will loan him

He could have went Gilas draft but then MVP wouldnt have him. MVP prioritized having Oftana long term.

Going abroad to a FIBA tournament friendly league would have been a better option for Oftana

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    Lets give credit to ,Coach Goldwin Monteverde former NU High School. He had developed those skill of Balti, Tamayo, and Quimbao. They have outside shooting and penetration from the outside even in high school. The only reason they played 5 or 4 because they are the tallest in their team. Even in Bahrain bubble Balti played 4. With Kai and Koume on the line up he can slide down to 3 spot and play outside.

Look at this highlights of 17 yrs old Carl in NBTC 2018
    in HS Balti was under coach jeff napa, then a raw 6'6" 16 yo prospect with mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Now people can see why in a talk with Tab in 2019, he said Dwight is the best guard in the Philippines
    Better than Ray Parks sir Dave?

Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    76-51 Gilas. Kita niyo na? Sinabon lang ni Tab sa dugout, gumaling na eh. No wonder Pinoy pros and coaches hate him.

Korea held Indo to 81 points, we held Indo to 51. Does this mean we will beat Korea again on Sunday?
    This seems like Ateneo's performance in the sweep season. People forget that Ateneo UAAP 2019 under Tab tended to do poorly in the first half, often with very poor shooting, but good defense. Then he made rapid adjustments in the second half. With a Gilas team with limited practice time and lesser conditioning due to the quarantine (imagine that Kai went 2 weeks with no real training just days before playing here) not a surprise that their execution falters at first given the strength+experience of the international competition. Tab expects a lot of these players but sometimes the experience or conditioning aren't there yet. But his ability to make adjustments on the fly is really unparalleled in the RP.

olympic qualifier is just 10 days away pala. will their be a call up for other players? i dont know if carl will be healthy enough for the qualifiers

Do you think he's better now than Ray Parks and Matthew Wright? Sayang he can't play Asian import in B-League, NBL and CBA due to dual citizenship.. I have doubts if he can land a contract in some Euro leagues because we don't have any connection w/ European ballclubs.. I just hope MVP group will do anything to get Ramos to their camp if he decides to play in the PBA.. Or just he should impress in our campaign in OQT in Serbia.. Maybe some Serbian or any European ball club teams will notice him...
    I say Parks is still better at present. But we have to take note, we're comparing a 22-year old amateur player who is still very much at the improving or development stage with a 27-year old pro who perhaps is already at the peak of his career. As what coach Tab says about Dwight Ramos, the kid has the skills, the smarts & the right attitude. Parks has the first two aspects but lacks the third/last one. You know what I'm implying.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

With Matt Wright, he has the skills, the smarts & he seems to have a good attitude, but what he lacks is the physical attributes. Wright seems soft & lacks the physical toughness. In a highly physical game like what the Koreans threw at us last Wednesday, Wright's game would be easily stymied.

Quote Originally Posted by Labradoodle View Post
    Going abroad to a FIBA tournament friendly league would have been a better option for Oftana
    Could have played in the B league but the pandemic happened..

Quote Originally Posted by balong View Post
    olympic qualifier is just 10 days away pala. will their be a call up for other players? i dont know if carl will be healthy enough for the qualifiers
    If it is really only a grade 1 sprain, one to two weeks recovery is enough. Carl can productively use the "wasted" time in upper body strengthening, and shooting practices. Grade two requires 4-8 weeks as a minimum time for healing. Against serbia, the nt needs carl. There is no time for substituting the same or better pba players.

Anyway, only japheth is the most effective big replacement killer against serbia within tab's system. Sana mahiram for insurance purposes.
    Last edited by ccharmed; 06-19-2021 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Better than Ray Parks sir Dave?
    I think so , as an all around guard yes, maybe not as good a scorer though

Bakasyon na daw si JC, kaso madaling araw yun telecast ng oqt di good roi for sbp..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Change NP today for Japan, Ryan Rossiter will play today while Zhou Qi inserted into China's 12 man line up

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    in HS Balti was under coach jeff napa, then a raw 6'6" 16 yo prospect with mobility.
    You"re correct. Still shows that local coaches let their big man shoot and drive to the basket as long as they have the skill and talent to do so.

One guy also i think can convert into wing.. Justin Arana of Arellano should be also in Gilas cadets in near future.. That guy has some quickness, also have dribbling and have potential... He should be there in future Gilas line up...
    How about Salvoro and Demisina? I think those kids has better laterals than Balti and Tamayo, though they are still too young.

Japan vs. China rematch

Japan playing better with Ryan Rossiter as its NP. Japs playing much better now than it did in tge 1st match vs. China a few days ago

Zhou Qi playing for China

Quote Originally Posted by Labradoodle View Post
    He has already set in Japan's B-league but pandemic happens.. even jayvee tungcab.. kakainis Lang pandemic.. anyway nlex should release him for fiba Asia cup this August.. total naman pba's opening still uncertain.. alongside Kiefer and Troy (maybe pogoy also).. sila Lang muna because they already know tab's system..

Page 785 of 855 FirstFirst ... 285685735775783784785786787795835 ... LastLast