Page 784 of 855 FirstFirst ... 284684734774782783784785786794834 ... LastLast
Results 15,661 to 15,680 of 17098

Thread: Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

  1. #15661
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,435
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I've noticed our defense. We allow only 65.8 points per game on 35.2% shooting. The highest we allowed was 78 points on 43% shooting against SoKor.

    I really hope the defense comes through tomorrow. We will really need consistent rotations against SoKor. Plus, our offensive rhythm comes from making a few defensive stops. If we do that for 40 minutes tomorrow, we may pull out a win.

  2. #15662
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,500
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    I've always had apprehensions on forcing Pinoy bigs to play SF due to lack of laterals , but I now can see in the bigger scheme of things it can actually work . For one in the context of the players you put around the SF defensively , if they're like Kouame and Dwight , you can cover up their lateral weaknesses. It's not like we will leave Carl on his own to defend a good wing
    I've always been an advocate of training mobile bigs to play the perimeter. We don't have the luxury of training them in the perimeter full time. Football or other field sports are not popular here so tall kids don't get to run as much.

    So when a program like Tab's comes along I'll take it. Anyway, when people see tall guys like Balti and Tamayo play effectively in the perimeter and against top competition I'm sure other tall kids and their parents are watching. They will want to be the next Balti or Carl.

  3. #15663
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Lets give credit to ,Coach Goldwin Monteverde former NU High School. He had developed those skill of Balti, Tamayo, and Quimbao. They have outside shooting and penetration from the outside even in high school. The only reason they played 5 or 4 because they are the tallest in their team. Even in Bahrain bubble Balti played 4. With Kai and Koume on the line up he can slide down to 3 spot and play outside.


    Look at this highlights of 17 yrs old Carl in NBTC 2018

  4. #15664
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Lets give credit to ,Coach Goldwin Monteverde former NU High School. He had developed those skill of Balti, Tamayo, and Quimbao. They have outside shooting and penetration from the outside even in high school. The only reason they played 5 or 4 because they are the tallest in their team. Even in Bahrain bubble Balti played 4. With Kai and Koume on the line up he can slide down to 3 spot and play outside.


    Look at this highlights of 17 yrs old Carl in NBTC 2018

  5. #15665
    Senior Member hmbopbaduwap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,527
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Prosper's Timnas stint is done

    https://www.facebook.com/12534617427...9558601523622/

    Lester Prosper has had enough of Indonesian fans blaming him after they suffered a 51-76 loss to Gilas Pilipinas in the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup Qualifiers:

    “Blame it all on me. I guess my double-doubles are not enough. I’m just doing my job. At some point, maybe the system and the coaching staff should be undecided as well. Even before I got here what games were won? Come on guys, don’t disrespect me! Real basketball people see the real issue. But as I say if I’m done here, thank you for the ones that have supported me. I tried and that’s all I can do. It’s a team sport..."

    via Lester Prosper
    Last edited by hmbopbaduwap; 06-19-2021 at 02:14 AM.

  6. #15666
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,008
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    They should have a realistic plan. Prosper is already 32 and it's clear they're not going to be contending soon.
    That's why Indonesia should continue their program regardless if they can't make it to the top 8 this year.. It will take years and years before their basketball program will be as same as us... They have youth team then they should focus on that.. What's good about in Indonesia basketball is their PRO league coordinating with PERBASI (unlike our beloved PBA w/ SBP), The naturalized players there allow to play as locals.. It will upgrade the competition of IBL because of naturalized players, sooner the 6'5 players there above will not force to play big man because naturalized players will act and take as bigs, They will learn to play wing (or even guard) and upgrade their height in any position.. Better that all professional teams in IBL should hire atleast 1 naturalized big man, So that 6'4 to 6'5 players there will have chance to learn wing or guard.. In 5 to 10 years Indonesia basketball will rise.. I'm sure this one.. IBL is better than PBA in terms of managing rules and more FIBA officiated calls..

  7. #15667
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,008
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    Prospect's Tinmas stint is done

    https://www.facebook.com/12534617427...9558601523622/

    Lester Prosper has had enough of Indonesian fans blaming him after they suffered a 51-76 loss to Gilas Pilipinas in the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup Qualifiers:

    “Blame it all on me. I guess my double-doubles are not enough. I’m just doing my job. At some point, maybe the system and the coaching staff should be undecided as well. Even before I got here what games were won? Come on guys, don’t disrespect me! Real basketball people see the real issue. But as I say if I’m done here, thank you for the ones that have supported me. I tried and that’s all I can do. It’s a team sport..."

    via Lester Prosper
    Prosper should ignore these talk shit people who blame him for their losses.. Indonesians fans doesn't know too much about basketball..

  8. #15668
    Senior Member hmbopbaduwap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,527
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    Lets give credit to ,Coach Goldwin Monteverde former NU High School. He had developed those skill of Balti, Tamayo, and Quimbao. They have outside shooting and penetration from the outside even in high school. The only reason they played 5 or 4 because they are the tallest in their team. Even in Bahrain bubble Balti played 4. With Kai and Koume on the line up he can slide down to 3 spot and play outside.


    Look at this highlights of 17 yrs old Carl in NBTC 2018
    We now have our own version of Chinese-Taipei's Tien-Lei

    https://youtu.be/AhDBhJamfY0

  9. #15669
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,007

    Default

    I was just looking at their group photo standing up. Kai looks 2 inches taller than Ange. Ange looks 2 inches taller than Chiu. Chiu looks an inch taller than Go and Go looks an inch taller than Tamayo. Tamayo looks taller than Baltazar by 2 inches. So, if Kai is 7'2, then Ange is 7'0. Chiu is 6'10, Go is 6'9, Tamayo is 6'8 but that makes Baltazar only 6'6. Does that make sense?

  10. #15670
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,592
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    I've always been an advocate of training mobile bigs to play the perimeter. We don't have the luxury of training them in the perimeter full time. Football or other field sports are not popular here so tall kids don't get to run as much.

    So when a program like Tab's comes along I'll take it. Anyway, when people see tall guys like Balti and Tamayo play effectively in the perimeter and against top competition I'm sure other tall kids and their parents are watching. They will want to be the next Balti or Carl.
    So fun watching Balti finish a fast break and his handles and speed on display. He’s basically an upgraded Raven Cortez, speaking of which hopefully they try and tap him as soon as possible into the bubble, another big 6’7 -8 with perimeter potential in the similar mould of Balthazar

  11. #15671
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,008
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    Prospect's Tinmas stint is done

    https://www.facebook.com/12534617427...9558601523622/

    Lester Prosper has had enough of Indonesian fans blaming him after they suffered a 51-76 loss to Gilas Pilipinas in the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup Qualifiers:

    ďBlame it all on me. I guess my double-doubles are not enough. Iím just doing my job. At some point, maybe the system and the coaching staff should be undecided as well. Even before I got here what games were won? Come on guys, donít disrespect me! Real basketball people see the real issue. But as I say if Iím done here, thank you for the ones that have supported me. I tried and thatís all I can do. Itís a team sport..."

    via Lester Prosper
    Prosper should ignore these talk shit people who blame him for their losses.. Indonesians fans doesn't know too much about basketball..

  12. #15672
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    As of today my 2023 picks

    Ange
    Kai
    Carl
    Baltizar
    Dwight

    AJ
    Thirdy
    Kiefer
    Clarkson

    Go
    1 PG , Matt , SJ or RJ
    Tuffin or William
    The question is how will they treat the overseas/PBA players. Maybe except for Clarkson and Kai (at least Kai has experience training with the team), how will they put premium on those players who can be based in the country to train for a long period of time with the team. Im not even sure if AJ can do that. AJ should be able to play with the team by 2022.

  13. #15673
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,843

    Default

    Is Go still an essential part of the system? He looked terrible yesterday. Ange is basically an upgraded Go who also stretch the floor. We also have a younger Chiu who has a higher ceiling. Kai, Tamayo, Balti can play alongside Kouame.

  14. #15674
    Senior Member hmbopbaduwap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,527
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    Poor Lester Prosper. He's being blamed by Indonesian fans, and Toroman started talking about another import in the press conference.

    This situation sounds similar. I think this was when Gilas went to Korea and Douthit had a falling out with Chot.
    That was after back to back sorry loses to Iran and Qatar at the Asian Games, Chot accused Kuya Marcus of not playing hard enough because his contract was expiring and it's not sure if he's gonna be renewed

    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/m...asketball-2014

  15. #15675
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    984
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    They should have a realistic plan. Prosper is already 32 and it's clear they're not going to be contending soon.
    PERBASI seem to be quite like 2016-2019 SBP when it comes to national team. Unrealistic expectations. Like you think you're going to perform well with 10 days practice? In the case of Indonesia, they think they'll be at the level of Asian elites just because they were able to get FIBA to recognize Jawato as a local and get another NP.

    Just imagine how Indonesia would fare against the larger and more physical ME teams in the main Asia Cup

  16. #15676
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    163
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Labradoodle View Post
    PERBASI seem to be quite like 2016-2019 SBP when it comes to national team. Unrealistic expectations. Like you think you're going to perform well with 10 days practice? In the case of Indonesia, they think they'll be at the level of Asian elites just because they were able to get FIBA to recognize Jawato as a local and get another NP.

    Just imagine how Indonesia would fare against the larger and more physical ME teams in the main Asia Cup
    They're like Gilas 1 of Toroman but never having those overseas tournaments. Gilas 1 (without the PBA players) was probably smaller than the Indonesian Team but are used to playing against much bigger teams that they can beat those Middle Eastern teams consistently.

  17. #15677
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Labradoodle View Post
    PERBASI seem to be quite like 2016-2019 SBP when it comes to national team. Unrealistic expectations. Like you think you're going to perform well with 10 days practice? In the case of Indonesia, they think they'll be at the level of Asian elites just because they were able to get FIBA to recognize Jawato as a local and get another NP.

    Just imagine how Indonesia would fare against the larger and more physical ME teams in the main Asia Cup
    They just have to be patient with their players and system. You can see the progress but obviously you're not going to beat a team whos ranked in the Top 30s. They should just naturalized a younger NP and let him grow with the team like what we're doing.

  18. #15678
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,007

    Default

    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...a2437-20210618

    Interesting picture showing their height differences. Balti looks shorter than Tamayo.

  19. #15679
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,008
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cocoyg View Post
    They're like Gilas 1 of Toroman but never having those overseas tournaments. Gilas 1 (without the PBA players) was probably smaller than the Indonesian Team but are used to playing against much bigger teams that they can beat those Middle Eastern teams consistently.
    Actually i'm betting on them (even Thailand) to beat Taiwan today.. Taiwan is the most disappointing team in Asian circuit today... Their level now is way too low now.. Their confidence is way too low.. Atleast Indonesia fighting till the end.. Yung Taiwan waley talaga...

  20. #15680
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    984
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Indonesia has to address the quality of basketball in their league. I think it was in 2018 where Blackwater Elite, one of the weakest teams in the PBA became champions in Indonesia

    Not saying that PBA is an elite league, but just trying to demonstrate where Indonesia is in the Asian sphere currently.

    And as per Rajko's statement, I think he mentioned that Indonesia does not have a good amateur league.

    Instead of "short cutting"/ circumventing FIBA rules their basketball development, they have to target the grassroots programs. Like highschool and collegiate level

    With a bunch of older pros and a hefty NP with lots of experience being beaten by bunch of people who never even played in the PBA, they should look inward instead of putting the blame on Prosper or even their coach. Toroman is probably just balancing expectations vs reality.

    If Indonesia didn't have Prosper and Jawato in November, Thailand would have won that game.

Page 784 of 855 FirstFirst ... 284684734774782783784785786794834 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •