Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robert0326
    So what it means? We are already qualified even we will lose all 3 games? Medyo complicated eh.. Anu ba pagbabasehan? The standings or the points? Because this is not FIFA that they based it on points especially draw matches happens.. Here at FIBA no draw games happens.. How will be the scenario right now?
    The way I understand it, it's the total points that counts. By the way, the points are based directly on the standings except for situations such as this. If in case total points were tied, the quotient system shall break it.

I also think Gilas is already qualified considering the points. The highest that Thailand can get is only 9 points (if they win both against Korea and Indo), while Gilas' worst total points is 10. Indo as the host is already qualified.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
      THESE ARE THE FINES FIBA IMPLEMENTED AGAINST KOREA

1. 8, 656, 221.61 pesos na fine.

2. They are deducted 2 points in their standings

I WANT TO explain the 2nd fine

NOTE: A WIN GIVES YOU 2 POINTS, A LOST GIVES YOU 1 POINT

ORIGINAL STANDINGS

PHI - 3-0 3(2) + 0(1) = 6 points

Korea - 2-0. 2(2) + 0(1) = 4 points

Indo - 1-2. 1(2) + 2(1) = 4 points

Thailand -0-4. 0(2) + 4(1) = 4 points

- Now for the punishment, Korea is deducted 2 points in their standings. While Phi, Indo, and Thai gained one point. So, the standings will be like:

PHI - 3-0 3(2) + 0(1) = 6 points +1 = 7 pts

Indo - 1-2. 1(2) + 2(1) = 4 points + 1 = 5 pts

Thailand -0-4. 0(2) + 4(1) = 4 points + 1 = 5pts

Korea - 2-0. 2(2) + 0(1) = 4 points - 2 = 2pts

The standings of Korea as 2-0 remains. But their points will be reduced to 2 points.

http://tbti.me/s209op
      Oh, the deduction is not per game. It's just 2 points.

It's similar to football, actually. You're guilty of misconduct, you get a point deduction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jomar09 View Post
        The way I understand it, it's the total points that counts. By the way, the points are based directly on the standings except for situations such as this. If in case total points were tied, the quotient system shall break it.

I also think Gilas is already qualified considering the points. The highest that Thailand can get is only 9 points (if they win both against Korea and Indo), while Gilas' worst total points is 10. Indo as the host is already qualified.
        Our worst is also 9, actually. I don't think docking points gives them to another team.

Comment

Well the basic is 2pts = 1 win and 1pt = lose.. With Korea being deduct then they will be 1-1 or 0-2 right? Medyo complicated parin eh.. Then we got 7 pts already.. Even we will lose all of the games then we will get 10 pts because 1 lose equivalent of 1 pt.. Korea's highest they get is 10 pts also if they will sweep all 4 games.. Thailand meanwhile if they sweep 2 games then the highest that they get is 9 while Indonesia only team can outtop us if they win all 3 games by getting highest at 11 games.. So whatever happens then Qualified na tayo..
          No. Dont change their Win Lose Record. But just deduct points from them. Di naman kailangan ipilit na magtugma Win Loss record at points.
          Because this is a special case. They still make the Win/Loss Record stay. Then Compute the points. Then subtract 2 points.

For ex. Korea Won all 4 games

Then they will have a W/L record of 6-0

6(2) + 0(1) = 12 points - 2points(penalty) = 10 points (,You are right, this is the most points they can get)

Medyo Complicated. But understandable naman. Basically just compute their points normally. Then after that, subtract 2 points from them

Yeah. Most likely Philippines is qualified. Wag lang tayo magbackout.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
            Our worst is also 9, actually. I don't think docking points gives them to another team.
            Actually Phi, Thai, and Indo received one point each

Comment

Our worst is 10 points.

We have 3 games left. If we lose all of that. We get 3(1) = 3 points

We currently have 7 pts

7+3 = 10pts

Assuming we lost all games (which is unlikely)

Comment

With the extra point from Korea (+1), we'll have 7 points. Including the points from three 3rd window games, worst total points that we can get is 10 points. Gets?

Comment

Actually Phi, Thai, and Indo received one point each
                  Originally posted by Jomar09 View Post
                  With the extra point from Korea (+1), we'll have 7 points. Including the points from three 3rd window games, worst total points that we can get is 10 points. Gets?
                  I'm familiar with the point system. I want to know, though, how we got a point from SoKor, as did Indo and Thailand.

Comment

I'm familiar with the point system. I want to know, though, how we got a point from SoKor, as did Indo and Thailand.
                    OK, read the article, so the points were distributed. So my assumption was wrong.

Granted that we'll have 10 points after the window, Indo's and SoKor's best is 11. We have to take another point for outright qualification.

Comment

OK, read the article, so the points were distributed. So my assumption was wrong.

Granted that we'll have 10 points after the window, Indo's and SoKor's best is 11. We have to take another point for automatic qualification.
                      Indonesia and Korea will play against each other. They cannot get their best at the same time

Comment

One thing for sure.. This is first time that we are all complicated with this scenario.. Halatang we are not familiar with this point system standings.. Kung football fanatic tayo eh we already understand this.. But because we are American centric system then we always use American style standing system and of course the quotient system.. Maybe some Azkals fanatic here can explain properly for us... Because they are more familiar with this point system standings..
                        One thing is for sure. Philippines will Qualify!!!!!!. Hehe.

Anyway, even without the fine to korea. I am confident with Gilas.

Comment

One thing for sure.. This is first time that we are all complicated with this scenario.. Halatang we are not familiar with this point system standings.. Kung football fanatic tayo eh we already understand this.. But because we are American centric system then we always use American style standing system and of course the quotient system.. Maybe some Azkals fanatic here can explain properly for us... Because they are more familiar with this point system standings..
                          I follow football (I am a Barcelona fan), and I also got confused. I've seen points docked from a team, but it's probably the first time that I've seen points awarded in any sport.

For football, here's their point system:

Win = 3
                          Draw = 1
                          Loss = 0

Comment

• So we cannot use football. Since they have different pointing system.

Fiba have no draws.

Win = 2 points

Lose = 1 points

Anyway, GUYS, Dont complicate this much. Just wait for the results. Fiba will update their standings anyway in their website. (It is in process when I visited their site earlier)

Comment

• Now that our chances of qualifying greatly increased, we have the opportunity to focus on developing players. We'll need to keep sending youngsters for the window and maybe the tournament. Make them realize their potential internationally.

Comment

So we cannot use football. Since they have different pointing system.

Fiba have no draws.

Win = 2 points

Lose = 1 points

Anyway, GUYS, Dont complicate this much. Just wait for the results. Fiba will update their standings anyway in their website. (It is in process when I visited their site earlier)
                                fiba has draw since the last qualifiers for world cup..
                                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information