Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
    I hope that Tratter will join in the Calambubble. For this 3rd window I want Tratter, Mo, Go, Carino, Baltzar frontline. Tratter and Mo might not be that tall but they are bruisers inside and I think they can help on defending Prosper.
    Tratter is a very mobile & athletic four who can be developed into some sort of a Mark Pingris or a Kelly Williams type of bigs. Yung di ko lang gusto kay Tratter during the recent PBA bubble is that lumaki sya eh. I think he needs to shed off some extra weight to be a more effective mobile big man.

I think Tratter is a perfect defender against those sweet-shooting Korean stretch-4's as well as Indonesia's Jawato
    Last edited by JAMSKIE; 01-16-2021, 06:26 AM.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
      Tratter is a very mobile & athletic four who can be developed into some sort of a Mark Pingris or a Kelly Williams type of bigs. Yung di ko lang gusto kay Tratter during the recent PBA bubble is that lumaki sya eh. I think he needs to shed off some extra weight to be a more effective mobile big man.

I think Tratter is a perfect defender against those sweet-shooting Korean stretch-4's as well as Indonesia's Jawato
      How about Mo? I think after CS, Mo is best available big after CS from the ineligibles. IMO, Mo and Tratter can bring strength underneath. If these two where there in Thailand games, Jakrawan would not have a game of his life.
      Attack
      defend
      Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
        No problem if the ones begging off are guards. If the bigs are the ones begging off, our cadets might be in trouble. I really hope Greg, Japeth, Standhardinger, and even Erram, Almazan, and Asi consider playing for Gilas for depth at the 5-spot. I repeatedly say our cadet bigs need to be developed as 4-men, and the only way to do that is to get 5-men from the PBA.
        More likely will get 1 or 2 pba bigs aside from Chua whose at the bubble already. An Erram or Japeth should be enough but both would be a big plus to get that 1 win to qualify.

Comment

Let me guess who those 4 or 5 PBA players who begged off:

1. Junmar - its understandable becoz he is coming off a serious injury & plunging into a rigorous national team training might be hazardous for him. I will understand in case he is among those who begged off. He has a very valid reason.

2. Terrence Romeo - he's coming off a dislocated shoulder so he still needs time to recover.

3. Raymund Almazan - this guy's willingness to play for flag & country has been a questionmark.

4. Japeth Aguilar - Japeth has been vocal in saying that he wants to give way to the young bigs for them develop as better national team big men. I think Japeth has a point. Besides, he has already served the national team well enough.

5. Rayray Parks - he's coming off a calf injury which sidelined him in the recent Philippine Cup finals, but more than that I think Parks wants to focus on his possible transfer from TNT to amother team via trade. Like Almazan, Parks willingness to play for gilas has also been a questionmark.

If I remember it right he was talking about the WC23 , so still got a chance that he'll play this coming feb qualifiers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
            How about Mo? I think after CS, Mo is best available big after CS from the ineligibles. IMO, Mo and Tratter can bring strength underneath. If these two where there in Thailand games, Jakrawan would not have a game of his life.
            Agree Mo would be a nice NP but question is his availability this feb.

Comment

• Im assuming FilAms stuck in the US wont be able to make the trip due to travel bans.

Comment

• The mere fact that SBP and Gilas is Settling with an average level Center like Justin Chua

Indicates that most if not all the better bigs you all mentioned, probably declined otmr beg off already.

Be realistic. Chua will maybe nit even in TOP 10 Bigs in Pba Today.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                  The mere fact that SBP and Gilas is Settling with an average level Center like Justin Chua

Indicates that most if not all the better bigs you all mentioned, probably declined otmr beg off already.

Possible but you never know , the grind of a coach tab training would be another reason plus a bubble set up again will be the icing in the cake for some to decline.

Comment

• Originally posted by deviant View Post
                    If I remember it right he was talking about the WC23 , so still got a chance that he'll play this coming feb qualifiers.
                    I think Japeth was referring to the present & not just the 2023 FIBA WC. It doesn't make sense for him to say like "I will no longer play for Gilas in the 2023 FIBA WC to give way to the younger players". Japeth is now 33, by 2023 he'll be 36. I think its clear naman that SBP is looking at players who will still be at their peaks by 2023. So I guess Japeth was really referring to the "present".
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Agree. With Kiefer & CJ Perez already in Calambubble, I think we won't be needing PBA guards & wings as much as we need PBA bigs. Hope CStand is among those PBA players willing to join Gilas for the 3rd window. For me maski si CStand, Justin Chua & perhaps Erram lang ang PBA bigs willing to enter "Calambubble", I'm already fine with it.
                      Yeah, even they will be enough, as they primarily play the 5. They're enough to force the cadets to the 4-spot, where they should be developed.

Most of our premier bigs are over 30, but we will need them for the development of the cadets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                        Those guys in the states or elsewhere might be questionable as well. I think this is understandable because of the current situation. So maybe guys like Wright and Ramos might not make it. Sayang, I don't mind having the cadets along with few pros but with Angelo Kuoame. This guy might not score a lot but he would be an upgrade in the rebounding and defending specially inside the post. With his height,length and reasonable athleticism and I think he'll be the best match up for Prosper and Ratliff although those guys are of course well ahead of him specially in terms of experience. What is it if he could score at least 10-12 points and get at least 12-15 rebounds and 2-3 blocks a game.Sayang, the folks in the senate have more time for Chacha than this.

to be fair with the Senate, the Chacha ordeal focuses on the economic provisions of the 87 constitution that prohibits foreign corporations to fully operate here (i.e. MVP as the dummy for the Salim family owned Metro Pacific Group), if it pushes through it might even affect the PBA , imagine foreign corporations with bigger coffers.joiming the league,

anyway, I agree with your setiments that those who begged off have justifiable reasons especially with the new strand of COVID and the imposition of new travel restrictions. Too bad, if we will use Blatche or Douthut timeframe for naturalization, which took 6-8. months, Kouame will still not make it in time

Comment

• I think all the 13 currently in the Philippine bubble training (not including naturalize Player ) should at least be included in the roster for one of the 3 window games

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                            He improve last season.. he even outplayed erram in the semis... I think he's now on top 10 bigs right now.. or even top 7-8 centers in the pba today
                            Yes he was pretty good. There was talk that Erram would eat him alive at their match up but he held his own. He is good at challenging guards without fouling. Internstional guards are bigger though. But he is still a big body we can throw against Prosper and Ratliffe. We want Baltazae and even maybe Carino get more used to the PF slot.

Comment

• I'm fine with only 6 or 7 PBA players in the bubble. Hopefully either Junmar or CStand would be among the available PBA bigs & perhaps Erram. That should bring the No. of players in the bubble to around 20 or 21. For me that's the ideal No. of players for a national pool being given 1 month of preparation. Then with only about 15 days before the games, we cut the pool to 16 players. In this way pwede ng makauwi yung mga PBA players who won't make it to the 16-man pool. In this way mababawasan naman ang sakripisyo ng mga PBA players who won't be chosen for the 16-man pool, while the Gilas coaching staff could focus on the remaining 16 players in the pool. I think mas madali maka achieve/develop ng chemistry/cohesion in a smaller pool

Somehow I'm thinking maybe its a blessing in disguised that some PBA players begged off from joining the Gilas pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                                The mere fact that SBP and Gilas is Settling with an average level Center like Justin Chua

may the "mere fact" pa ang puta. relax man. they are forming the pool not the final 12 they need all the bigs in the pool.
                                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information