Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Well Greg is 1/4 of junmar. So if Shaw is 1/2 of Junmar, then he will be really a shoo in.

Unfortunately he is not selected
    I don't know about the percentages but with Indonesia and Thailand i think Shaw could be a Junmar "lite".He might be an upgraded version of Taulava because he can still jump a bit.Against Korea, he might be a good post defender and rebounder.

He's not a Standhardinger but if i was the coach i'll get him for the rebounds and defense alone,it will be a plus if he scores in double digits.Just like the last Asian games,we need all the bigs that we could get.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• I hope we lose in this window and serve as a wakeup call to all basketball stakeholders

Comment

• Originally posted by shamuibilog View Post
        I hope we lose in this window and serve as a wakeup call to all basketball stakeholders
        Sorry, but they wont wake up. They are brain dead, especially PBA owners
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by shamuibilog View Post
          I hope we lose in this window and serve as a wakeup call to all basketball stakeholders
          I also hope change will come. But having the worst WC stint did not bother SBP and PBA abit and return to old style of preparation. If that is not a wake up call then nothing will wake us up.

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
            I also hope change will come. But having the worst WC stint did not bother SBP and PBA abit and return to old style of preparation. If that is not a wake up call then nothing will wake us up.
            The main difference is this Feb window is merely the starting piece to build towards the 2023 WC and is vs SEA level.

While the WC preparation was for the culminating final event vs World level

So cannot compare the appropriate level of response and approach, they're of extreme difference in required approach.

BTW we may have prepared more and allocated more importance in the SEAG compared to the WC lol
            Last edited by analyzed; 02-11-2020, 08:00 PM.
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• wright begs off from Gilas pool ----as matthew has opted out of this window may be super pagod lol -- baltazar --parks still no-shows
              https://t.co/P3JD27yqiJ?amp=1

Comment

• As realistically Gilas only has 7 more practices before Thailand (20th) , the team should be focused only on it's core players (12 ) it's wasting valuable time if practices are focused on 20 players at this point (it's too many for the limited time available)
                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Alaska aces are out of town (team bonding) reason for Vic and Trat no show yesterday , maybe today or later in the week (Friday), my opinion at this point focus on just 1 addition na lang (Vic) ..

Comment

• Final 12-14 (my opinion ) factoring who's been practicing..

1. Kiefer, Matt (1GDL 2nd game)
                    2 CJ, Pogoy
                    3 Thirdy, Dwight , Bullanadi (Dave - 2nd game)
                    4. Troy, Vic, Chua
                    5. Erram , Go

Comment

• SMB and ROS had a tune up game yesterday. Both Tautua and Mocon played for their mother team. But Mocon was able to catch the Gilas practice. While Tautua did not.

Comment

• In the context of who we're facing next week, I think our preparation is reasonably sufficient, plus we've started the development of our 2023 players already.

So its actually good reasonable planning

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                          Quite good news.. Prosper and Jawato of Indonesia could be not available for 1st window, as their naturalization papers are still not yet finish..

https://www.suara.com/sport/2020/02/...apkan-opsi-ini
                          Even with these two guys playing, I think our ill prepared Gilas(as always) will still win might not be as dominating as the ones in the SEA games.

I'm sure an evil empire will be happy if our Gilas lose any games in the 1st window because they will know head will role and people may start to clamor change and before we know it they will be taking over from MVP group.

Comment

• Let us give up on primadonna Parks Jr. and the mercenary of Bong Pineda camp, Baltazar. Paras, well I don't know what is in his mind, I'm doubtful if he is really injured. We might even be better if we choose young bigs for our pool like Tamayo, Quimbao, Lazaro, Lopez and of course Kai.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
                              Let us give up on primadonna Parks Jr. and the mercenary of Bong Pineda camp, Baltazar. Paras, well I don't know what is in his mind, I'm doubtful if he is really injured. We might even be better if we choose young bigs for our pool like Tamayo, Quimbao, Lazaro, Lopez and of course Kai.
                              The exciting events of the Chooks-to-Go MPBL All-Star festivities are now all set and ready to wow audiences on Thursday, February 13 at the SM Mall of Asia Arena.

Apart from the highly-anticipated showdown between the Northern Division versus Southern Division All-Stars, MPBL founder Manny Pacquiao will headline a 3×3 celebrity game against a team led by the University of the Philippines Fighting Maroons star Kobe Paras.

As seen in a poster for the event, Team Pacquiao is composed of last year’s UAAP Finals MVP Thirdy Ravena, alongside Chooks-To-Go 3×3 mainstays Alvin Pasaol and Troy Rike.

Kobe Paras, meanwhile, will be joined by his brother Andre Paras. Gerald Anderson of the Imus Bandera will backstop him as well, along with the country’s top 3×3 player Joshua Munzon.

should be a no show in this event on Feb. 13 after all his injured.

https://www.foxsports.ph/basketball/...nts-confirmed/

Comment

• I think SBP should replace Gabby Cui as manager, Gilas need someone who is good in negotiation and someone who can circumnavigate the basketball politics.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information