Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    The only problem I see is that we'll miss Kai Sotto in a no. of windows.
    Yeah, American sports schedules aren't exactly international basketball-friendly either.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
      Strongly agree with this. This will really build the confidence of the young players in big tournaments. Plus, who knows, this may also be their audition for overseas leagues.
      My idea is that, we also need to prepare the boys for the 2027 FIBA World Cup qualifiers in which, unlike the 2023 FIBA World Cup qualifiers where we really don't need to get as much win as we're automatically qualified being the host, we need to win as many games in this one since we don't get automatic qualification.

By the time the qualifiers 2027 FIBA World Cup qualifiers would be held medyo may edad na sina CJ Perez, Rayray parks, Pogoy, Kiefer, Troy Rosario.
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
        How does a GS, Kuoame/CS, Perez, Kiefer plus Cadets Tungcab, Matt and Mike, Suerte, Bulanadi and Go..Just add Kobe and JGDL to complete the team...Of course it wont hurt if we can have Ramos, Navarro and Dave for Mike, Tungcab and anyone between Allain and Suerte

Honestly, I don't see a Slaughter-Kouame-CStand frontline rotation as effective. I'll scratch Slaughter in the list for the final 12-man roster.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Honestly, I don't see a Slaughter-Kouame-CStand frontline rotation as effective. I'll scratch Slaughter in the list for the final 12-man roster.
          We'll need a more versatile big to fill the other frontline spot. Tamayo may come to mind and maybe Cariño or Go (if he improves further). Too bad Baltazar and Quiambao's availability is a question.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
            No dude.. We can't afford to send all amateur in this important qualifiers.. Remember if we lose especially against Thailand then SBP, Tab will have a problem they get from the media, fans, etc.. 3 Pros is enough.. Koreans and other teams sending mix selection of Pros and Amateurs.. Will JGDL, Nietto have lead point guard experience in a high level competition? Also Gilas cadets have huge shortage of bigs.. We still need a couple of PBA players to assist our cadets in these qualifiers..
            Technically, the Nieto brothers Go,Bulanadi and Suerte are pros. If Gilas gets Trollano and Belo, they may get the position of Ramos and Ildefonso which I think will be counter productive and will disrupt the development of the said players.

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
            sounds nice if they treat Kuoame as local (Marginal Cases).
            "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

The only problem I see is that we'll miss Kai Sotto in a no. of windows.
              We need to accept this already.

Kai and AJ will not always be available.

If Sage will be eligible, he will not always be eligible too

They are our Hugots because of their commitments.

Especially if at that time they are already nba players

Comment

• It would be nice to add Standhardinger and even Bolick if he's 100% already to the team but the question of availability remains. Standhardinger and Tamayo will be great in the power forward position even without Kemark Cariño.Bolick could easily replace Juan Gomez-De Liaño, again if he is totally healthy, it will be an upgrade in the point guard position. Standhardinger and Slaughter I think are close friends and will be a very potent front court, Kuoame actually can compliment Christian's lack of shot blocking ability,while Bolick could impart his experience he gained from the world cup, but that's if Kuoame is treated as a local and both players from Northport are available.

15-man Roster:

Point Guards Robert Bolick 6'1 Matt Nieto 6" Rey Suerte 6'2
                Shooting Guards Allyn Bulanadi 6'3 Dave Ildefonso 6'5 Dwight Ramos 6'5
                Small Forwards Kobe Paras 6'6 Calvin Oftana 6'5 William Navarro 6'6
                Power Forwards Christian Standhardinger (NP) 6'8 Carl Tamayo 6'8 Isaac Go 6'8
                Centers Greg Slaughter 7" Angelo Kuoame 6'11 Kemark Cariño 6'9
                potential top scorers: Bolick, Standhardinger, Slaughter
                potential top rebounders: Kuoame, Standhardinger, Oftana
                potential top shot blockers: Kuoame,Slaughter
                potential top assists: Bolick, Nieto
                Dunk of the night: Paras, Kuoame

if Gilas will acquire these players, Slaughter,Standhardinger,Kuoame,Bolick will change the complexion of this team this November (no pun intended).Basically the best lineup possible against any team this November.
                Last edited by Alex07; 10-26-2020, 07:25 AM.
                "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                  We'll need a more versatile big to fill the other frontline spot. Tamayo may come to mind and maybe Cariño or Go (if he improves further). Too bad Baltazar and Quiambao's availability is a question.
                  We cant be choosy though as it's actually Greg who is more likely available....We can only choose between Kuoame and CS as our NP....So no chance na magkakasabay silang 3...

Comment

We cant be choosy though as it's actually Greg who is more likely available....We can only choose between Kuoame and CS as our NP....So no chance na magkakasabay silang 3...
                    I hope SBP would apply Angelo Kuoame for this, same with Australia's Thon Maker. Then Standhardinger will get the naturalized player spot although technically, Kuoame is naturalized based on Philippine laws. Slaughter is already regarded by FIBA as a local player so, I see no problem with that.

Marginal Cases
                    34. Decisions on marginal cases are the responsibility of the Secretary General following consultation with the Chairman of the FIBA Legal Commission.
                    The same shall apply with respect to refugees enjoying asylum rights and displaced persons (UN Conventions).
                    In certain cases, FIBA nationality may be granted to a player.

http://www.fiba.basketball/downloads...%20PLAYERS.pdf
                    Last edited by Alex07; 10-26-2020, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                      Technically, the Nieto brothers Go,Bulanadi and Suerte are pros. If Gilas gets Trollano and Belo, they may get the position of Ramos and Ildefonso which I think will be counter productive and will disrupt the development of the said players.

sounds nice if they treat Kuoame as local (Marginal Cases).
                      Oh I forgot, pareho nga palang NP si Kouame & CStand.

If I have to choose between CStand & Kouame for Gilas in the 2nd window, I'll choose the former.

Comment

Oh I forgot, pareho nga palang NP si Kouame & CStand.

If I have to choose between CStand & Kouame for Gilas in the 2nd window, I'll choose the former.
                        pwede siguro kung makalusot trans: SBP needs to apply Kuoame as marginal case

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                          It would be nice to add Standhardinger and even Bolick if he's 100% already to the team but the question of availability remains. Standhardinger and Tamayo will be great in the power forward position even without Kemark Cariño.Bolick could easily replace Juan Gomez-De Liaño, again if he is totally healthy, it will be an upgrade in the point guard position. Standhardinger and Slaughter I think are close friends and will be a very potent front court, Kuoame actually can compliment Christian's lack of shot blocking ability,while Bolick could impart his experience he gained from the world cup, but that's if Kuoame is treated as a local and both players from Northport are available.

15-man Roster:

Point Guards Robert Bolick 6'1 Matt Nieto 6" Rey Suerte 6'2
                          Shooting Guards Allyn Bulanadi 6'3 Dave Ildefonso 6'5 Dwight Ramos 6'5
                          Small Forwards Kobe Paras 6'6 Calvin Oftana 6'5 William Navarro 6'6
                          Power Forwards Christian Standhardinger (NP) 6'8 Carl Tamayo 6'8 Isaac Go 6'8
                          Centers Greg Slaughter 7" Angelo Kuoame 6'11 Kemark Cariño 6'9
                          potential top scorers: Bolick, Standhardinger, Slaughter
                          potential top rebounders: Kuoame, Standhardinger, Oftana
                          potential top shot blockers: Kuoame,Slaughter
                          potential top assists: Bolick, Nieto
                          Dunk of the night: Paras, Kuoame

if Gilas will acquire these players, Slaughter,Standhardinger,Kuoame,Bolick will change the complexion of this team this November (no pun intended).Basically the best lineup possible against any team this November.
                          The inclusion of the 4 would actually make the Nov window team tactically stronger than our World Cup team in the FIBA competition setting....CS and Kuoame are upgrade over Japs and Almazan...

Comment

The inclusion of the 4 would actually make the Nov window team tactically stronger than our World Cup team in the FIBA competition setting....CS and Kuoame are upgrade over Japs and Almazan...
                            of course this is 1) if Bolick is completely healed 2) he was allowed by his team and his doctors to play 3) if Kuoame was naturalized on time 4). If Kuoame was allowed by FIBA to play as marginalized player (so CStan can take the naturalized spot) 5) if CStan's team was eliminated early 6) he was allowed to play by his mother team.Heck, even Junmar can play if he is totally healed up and was allowed to play by SMC, but we all know that's beyond a miracle to happen because SMC is SMC.

Tactically it is not a stronger team because the cadets are not proven and Blatche and Fajardo is of course a better combination than Standhardinger and Kuoame and I think Aguilar is a more product ive player than Slaughter,not to mention that the World cup team is an experienced PBA selection. The only tactically better i feel is the coach, here it would not matter much because the team is basically brand new and there is very little time for preparation.

Comment

• good thing with Oftana and Bolick on the team is that they have played together.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                                Lee Seunghyun is Korea's starting 4. And he is no 6'7. He is 197cm player (around 6'6).

His midrange game is money. Minsan swak, minsan bankshot.
                                Heir apparent of Oh Se Keun.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information