Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Juan Lun View Post
    yeah dwight won't be ready by OQT we need another steady PG
    But tab already mentioned that the 12 oqt players will come from the players that played in pampanga. So no dave, matt, suerte, ravena etc

Comment

• One of the refs was Korean. Why is he complaining? This tournament is one of the only ones where Long Hair's grubby hands cannot extend to. This is cleaner than our own professional leagues.

My humble assessment:

I was wrong about Will Navarro. Though I want him to improve his athleticism and overall heft, he has a mind for the game both on offense and defense.

I'm happy everyone else saw what I saw with SJ Belangel in the 1st game.

Dwight, Ange, Balti, Kai, and Navarro are absolute Gilas core players moving forward. (I forgot Tamayo. Carl Tamayo is a must)

Kai having problems with grown men at 19 is natural. Big men come onto their own later than guards, unless they're physical freaks like Shaq or Deandre Ayton. Though I agree his stamina is a problem, that might be a product of the pace SK is playing at.

Comment

• 4th quarter turnovers
        missing key free throws
        too emotional, mental mistakes
        too many fouls

who knew that it would be the koreans making those instead of gilas. PUSOOOOOOO lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
          This guy you are comparing to Dwight, Prewster a little bit of research and looks like this guys had a similar career path to Dwight. Dropdown from D1 to D2 then a good pro career.
          Yes , some don't click in Div 1 , and find their place later or in the right environment

Comment

• I salute tab and the coaching staffs for trusting all.the players.imaginw not relying on your naturalized player too much and still won against an elite team. No local coaches will put chiu against ratliffe. That is so much confidence you give to your players by trusting their capabilities

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
              Look at this headline from a South Korean article. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

They have to take it up with FIBA and give credit where it is due. Ràre to even say this but we continue on winning and excelling.... that SK played crap. Was not able to adjust, relied too much on 3 pointers, cannot break our defence and to think we are playing loosely and obviously not yet tight on our plays and consistency. And they are just practically playing against college players.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                We should know how huge the disparity between playing at the wing and banging bodies with grown men underneath and naturalized player pa karapatan mo.
                This is not a knock on Kai, I did expect he will struggle against grown men, but if he couldn't handle Asian level NPs like Prosper and Ratliffe, paano pa kaya kung Jokic at Boban pa katapat niya sa ilalim, tapos passing big man at tirador pa sa labas yang si Jokic.
                Originally posted by gideon
                Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• I wonder if we'll now be on the 30th spot when FIBA releases the new ranking. Shallow, I know but yeah

Comment

• Gilas Pilipinas will have one last game in the AUF Sports & Cultural Center in Pampanga before leaving for Belgrade.  The Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas and the Chinese Basketball Association have agreed to play in one tune-up game before their national teams leave for Belgrade, Serbia and Victoria, Canada, respectively. Both Gilas and China will […]

Gilas-China friendly eyed

Comment

• Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                      82-77 Gilas as we are now 8-0 vs Korea at home and undefeated in Group A of the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup Qualifiers.

A team of college kids and 2 teenagers were able to do no all-PBA teams could do: beat Korea not once but twice!
                      Beat the Senior Men's SoKor NT twice in four days.

On which parallel universe does one see that?

Perhaps on the one where buffoons like the PBA Board and Yeng Guiao don't exist?

AHAHAHAHA!

Comment

• Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                        This is not a knock on Kai, I did expect he will struggle against grown men, but if he couldn't handle Asian level NPs like Prosper and Ratliffe, paano pa kaya kung Jokic at Boban pa katapat niya sa ilalim, tapos passing big man at tirador pa sa labas yang si Jokic.
                        His camp should take seriously address his fitness level. It's the ome holding him back

Comment

• Other teams rely on their NP more than Gilas , which is a change

Comment

• Originally posted by pinoybrat View Post
                            I salute tab and the coaching staffs for trusting all.the players.imaginw not relying on your naturalized player too much and still won against an elite team. No local coaches will put chiu against ratliffe. That is so much confidence you give to your players by trusting their capabilities
                            If these were PBA players and coaches babad yung NP or our bigs even when they're in foul trouble.
                            Originally posted by gideon
                            Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by fadzki View Post
                              To be fair this SK team is probably one of the weakest NT they ever assembled same as our NT they are rebuilding, but so as our Gilas so at least we are ahead in terms of young talent..
                              Unfortunatèly SK will never admit that thay put up a weak team. They have always come prepared, guns blazing, seemingly no margin for errors on plays. This is not a weak SK team. Today they were playing with a grudge in their minds. They were humikiated 1st time, therfore today was suppose to be be a vengeful SK team. They employed their vaunted zone that haunted us years...But no. They were beaten by a better team. Thats just it
                              Last edited by shamuibilog; 06-20-2021, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• This window just adds to PBA misery, Gilas winning without the PBA players make the league a little less valuable.. Coach Tab 1 - 0 long hair

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information