Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Yes he was pretty good. There was talk that Erram would eat him alive at their match up but he held his own. He is good at challenging guards without fouling. Internstional guards are bigger though. But he is still a big body we can throw against Prosper and Ratliffe. We want Baltazae and even maybe Carino get more used to the PF slot.
    Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I'm fine with only 6 or 7 PBA players in the bubble. Hopefully either Junmar or CStand would be among the available PBA bigs & perhaps Erram. That should bring the No. of players in the bubble to around 20 or 21. For me that's the ideal No. of players for a national pool being given 1 month of preparation. Then with only about 15 days before the games, we cut the pool to 16 players. In this way pwede ng makauwi yung mga PBA players who won't make it to the 16-man pool. In this way mababawasan naman ang sakripisyo ng mga PBA players who won't be chosen for the 16-man pool, while the Gilas coaching staff could focus on the remaining 16 players in the pool. I think mas madali maka achieve/develop ng chemistry/cohesion in a smaller pool

Somehow I'm thinking maybe its a blessing in disguised that some PBA players begged off from joining the Gilas pool.
    In terms of the PBA players, let's just focus on the bigs. June Mar, Erram, Standhardinger, Chua, Mo. They can allow Baltazar, CariƱo, and Go to slide to the 4. While they're still young, get them used to playing that position long-term.

Agreed though that it may be a blessing that some PBA players begged off, especially given that a lot of our gems are at the guard and wing positions, some of whom have more potential than some current PBA stars at the same positions. This should be a development window.

Comment

• ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
      It might be a blessing in disguised becoz if all those PBA players being eyed by SBP are willing to join Gilas, maybe as many as 12 or more PBA players would be joining the "Calambubble", which is something I don't like. Well its just me lang naman.
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
        may the "mere fact" pa ang puta. relax man. they are forming the pool not the final 12 they need all the bigs in the pool.
        Hahahaha. I am relaxed sir.

Anyway we need to wait until Jan.22 because pba players will arrive in bubble in that date.

And yes. If di naman willing or availabke iba. I am ok with Chua

Comment

• Besides. Justin Chua deserved to be the MIP over Caperal(This is coming from a ginebra fan)

Chua is like Isaac Go. Not dominant, but Smart Big Man.

As for others in the bubble

Cj perez really deserved the call up. He was Gilas Best local player in 2019 WC.

Kiefer. I salute him because of his willingness and commitment to gilas.

But I feel like Pba Players who declined are most Big Men. Hope I am wrong though.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
            Besides. Justin Chua deserved to be the MIP over Caperal(This is coming from a ginebra fan)

Cj perez really deserved the call up. He was Gilas Best local player in 2019 WC.

But I feel like Pba Players who declined are most Big Men. Hope I am wrong though.
            I hope so too. I repeatedly say that we need the PBA bigs to force the cadet bigs to get used to the 4-spot. Chua, Erram, Standhardinger would do. Hope Greg could join as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
              I hope so too. I repeatedly say that we need the PBA bigs to force the cadet bigs to get used to the 4-spot. Chua, Erram, Standhardinger would do. Hope Greg could join as well.

4:15

Justin Chua and Erram Interview

It looks like Poy already gave a clue

"Sa February Just, Tayo Tayo rin yun"

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                to be fair with the Senate, the Chacha ordeal focuses on the economic provisions of the 87 constitution that prohibits foreign corporations to fully operate here (i.e. MVP as the dummy for the Salim family owned Metro Pacific Group), if it pushes through it might even affect the PBA , imagine foreign corporations with bigger coffers.joiming the league,

anyway, I agree with your setiments that those who begged off have justifiable reasons especially with the new strand of COVID and the imposition of new travel restrictions. Too bad, if we will use Blatche or Douthut timeframe for naturalization, which took 6-8. months, Kouame will still not make it in time
                I hate to make this a political discussion but you've started it. I won't discuss all the other negatives of foreign ownership but let me give you an idea. It's not good at all if Chinese investors will buy properties and will negotiate with the Philippine government for some properties, May it be public properties or alienable or disposable,timber and mineral lands etc., to cut the story short, this will make way for more debt trap and they did a lot of this with other countries specially in Africa(see;China's debt trap). I don't mind not seeing foreign corporations in the PBA(ang babaw), besides, it's the "PBA", but to say that we will be getting the upper hand of then negotiations with corporation directly under the control and supervision Chinese communist Party is very naive.
                "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Besides. Justin Chua deserved to be the MIP over Caperal(This is coming from a ginebra fan)

most of them are comming off injuries tho. almazan and JMF. i would not be surprised if JMF begged off as well. hope CStan did not we need him. he had plenty of rest in boracay.
                  The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

https://youtu.be/e4fziwHjV2E

4:15

Justin Chua and Erram Interview

It looks like Poy already gave a clue

"Sa February Just, Tayo Tayo rin yun"
                    Chua, Erram, and Slaughter? Possible with the past and present Blue Eagle coaching staff in the SBP.

Comment

• Are we sure Korea will also have their team A and best players?

We will have trouble if thats the case.

But I trust in our Gilas Players

Comment

• While not ideal considering the circumstances, I think adding Erram and Ramos to the 13 players will suffice. It's a reasonable representation, almost everyone can't send their best in these times

Comment

• Kazakhstan is also preparing a month before the third window.

Ровно через месяц, 18 февраля в столице Бахрейна - городе Манама стартует развязка Квалификации на Кубок Азии по баскетболу 2021 FIBA Asia Cup года и на сегодняшний день тренерский штаб...

PG Anthony Clemmons 6'2 26 y/o
                          PG Shaim Kuanov 6'1 29 y/o
                          F Nikolai Bazhin 6'6 30 y/o
                          G Vadim Shcherbak 6'5 27 y/o
                          C/F Anton Ponomarev 6'11 32 y/o
                          F Alexander Zhigulin 6'9 26 y/o
                          F Anton Bykov 6'7 31 y/o
                          F Ramon Marchuk 6'6 27 y/o
                          F Askar Maidekin 6'8 23 y/o
                          C Dmitriy Gavrilov 6'8 34 y/o
                          G Maxim Marchuk 6'5 27 y/o
                          G Andrey Litvinenko 6'3 23 y/o
                          F Ruslan Aitkali 6'5 23 y/o

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
                            Chua, Erram, and Slaughter? Possible with the past and present Blue Eagle coaching staff in the SBP.
                            I don't know if Slaughter will be mobile enough against the other bigs,getting a proper match up against Lester and Ratliff will really be a problem,sayang talaga si Kuoame.But again that's not SBP's fault anymore.If Slaughter is willing and available (which I doubt), why not,but I'd like to add Standhardinger as well(again if willing and available). Chua has improved his shotblocking but his match up against those naturalized bigs remains to be seen. Let's hope Erram, Baltazar and Go could held themselves at par (at least) with Korea's local bigs.i think we have a better chance with Indonesia on this one.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• So Troy, Pogoy, and Raul Soyud are joining the bubble: https://tv5.espn.com/basketball/gila...-bubble-jan-22

Still in contact with Juan and Dwight. Hopefully they join, as well as Javi and other PBA bigs. We need the cadets and the PBA bigs. This should be a developmental window for Gilas, especially since we need only to win against Indonesia.

Comment

• troy, pogoy and soyud?

Three more PBA players are scheduled to join the Gilas Pilipinas training bubble for the third window of the FIBA Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers.
                                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information