No announcement yet.

Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They’ve a 7’6” volleyball player... go figure.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
      Prosper butaw ... hahaha
      if thorir is involved in basketball money, hope they can find a much better player than prosper.. thorir has shares naman with 76ers.
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
        They’ve a 7’6” volleyball player... go figure.
        Maybe you are referring to Thailand's 7'6 vball player.

Comment

• thais would be 3rd in our group and hopefully got to play in the fiba asia cup. it would be nice to have another SEA nation in that tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by deviant View Post
            thais would be 3rd in our group and hopefully got to play in the fiba asia cup. it would be nice to have another SEA nation in that tournament.
            same here. i see thailand emerging as the 3rd team in our group. they are more consistent than indonesia in terms of competitiveness.

what hinders thailand to full competitiveness is the lack of tough big man. maybe a jameel watkins type of np will solve their puzzle.
            Attack
            defend
            Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
              same here. i see thailand emerging as the 3rd team in our group. they are more consistent than indonesia in terms of competitiveness.

what hinders thailand to full competitiveness is the lack of tough big man. maybe a jameel watkins type of np will solve their puzzle.
              if chris charles is young, he can..

and if steven thomas is young, indonesia can naturalized him..
              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• may offense kasi ang thailand and consistency, the national team players will only come from 2 teams mono and high tech..parang pba team din laro nila..as they have offensive guards bruiser threes and long big men
                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                  may offense kasi ang thailand and consistency, the national team players will only come from 2 teams mono and high tech..parang pba team din laro nila..as they have offensive guards bruiser threes and long big men
                  one thing gets going for them is that tbsl is supportive to the national team unlike in pba who is half-hearted about gilas.
                  Attack
                  defend
                  Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                    one thing gets going for them is that tbsl is supportive to the national team unlike in pba who is half-hearted about gilas.
                    half hearted din yan tbsl sa national team.. parang pba din sila innterms of preparation 2 weeks ganyan.tge only going for them is there are 2 elite tems in thailand
                    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                      Koreans announced already their 24 man pool for FIBA Asia cup qualifiers next month vs Thais and Indons; Ricardo Ratliffe will lead this squad that they pick only 30 years old below...
                      (Just translate it to English)

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/article.php?aid=61415734064#rs
                      Korea would be the bifmg test for us this year. Ratliffe makes them so much better compared to HA.
                      Are Korean sharpest shooters still in the squad? Sorry, not familiar with their names. The only player I remeber ia TJ moon who veat gilas 1 back then

Comment

• Too bad that Baltazar didn't make it to the 16-man Gilas pool in the 1st window of the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers.
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                          https://www.spin.ph/basketball/justi...ef=home_feed_2

Too bad that Baltazar didn't make it to the 16-man Gilas pool in the 1st window of the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers.
                          Its actually a 24 man pool. I'm sure its a mistake on the fiba website

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                            I thought SBP already trimmed the pool from 24-man to 16-man pool
                            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                              I thought SBP already trimmed the pool from 24-man to 16-man pool
                              I dont think so

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                                There is no advantage at all to officially inform FIBA to trim down the pool to 16, (even if the coach has already decided to)., the coach can simply inform the 8 players cut not to show up without informing FIBA, the disadvantage however is if for some reason one of the 16 becomes unavailable (injury) one cannot replace him from a player not officially submitted.
                                So it makes no sense at all to just name 16
                                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                                https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information