Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 U16 European Championship - Udine (Aug 9-17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still very poor game feeling and understanding of bona which is normal. Positioning is really weak right now and ball handling still too sloppy.

Comment

Adem Bona is ridiculously dominant . No way he can be 16 years old. Usman Garuba reloaded.

Comment

OK I knew Greece was weak but not that weak. Couldnt see anything of Mantzoukas either. Shooting looks not safe, ball handling not tight enough, touch was not there. Surprising that there is no greek 16 year old kid who is playing basketball.

Comment

Ok, we made it more complicated than it had to but Tuna and Mestoglu stepped up in the right moment and on a day where our shoots where not falling. We have some Gems in this team thats for sure.

Comment

I really liked how Mestoğlu played with confidence at the end of the game. Good job. last foul of Bona was a joke tho it was a clear block

Comment

Pretty exciting game between Turkey and Lithuania, that was so hard to knock out Liths but we did it one way or another. Congratz to both teams. Despite showing good effort, Batın Tuna of Turkey is playing a bit below expectations. I expect him to get the leadership of team and show more offensive versatility in rest of the tournament.
              Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
              Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

I assume Emanuel Sharp from Israel is Derrick Sharp's son. He managed 12 eff by scoring 35 points.
                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                  I assume Emanuel Sharp from Israel is Derrick Sharp's son. He managed 12 eff by scoring 35 points.
                  Yeah with a 8/29 fgp.

Comment

I thought with that big black fellow on the bench we had more chances to take OT, but no...Turkish were stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                      I thought with that big black fellow on the bench we had more chances to take OT, but no...Turkish were stronger.
                      You failed to play most post up games after his fifth foul. Maybe this russian lithuanian big Olegas was too tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                        You failed to play most post up games after his fifth foul. Maybe this russian lithuanian big Olegas was too tired.
                        He's Belorusian Lithuanian He was born in Lithuania, his mother is Lithuanian and father is Belorusian who played in Belorusian NT and in many mediocre teams in the past. He says his son is more talented than him and has much better opportunities to improve. And what about Bona? I only found that he's Nigerian. Did he escape from Nigeria like Ilyasov from Uzbekistan?

Koralp Turk reminded me Duran, at least a light one as he's not so fat.

Comment

He's Belorusian Lithuanian He was born in Lithuania, his mother is Lithuanian and father is Belorusian who played in Belorusian NT and in many mediocre teams in the past. He says his son is more talented than him and has much better opportunities to improve. And what about Bona? I only found that he's Nigerian. Did he escape from Nigeria like Ilyasov from Uzbekistan?

Thanks for the info. It was my assumption because you have many russians from Stalins deportations back then.

Bonas came to turkey with 14 after one turkish coach saw his talent on the internet. A vid was uploaded by his friend.

Koralp is a talented guy but with 200 cm too short for 4 and too slow for 3. We dont see him making the jump to the pro level.

Comment

Thanks for the info. It was my assumption because you have many russians from Stalins deportations back then.

Bonas came to turkey with 14 after one turkish coach saw his talent on the internet. A vid was uploaded by his friend.

Koralp is a talented guy but with 200 cm too short for 4 and too slow for 3. We dont see him making the jump to the pro level.
                            So Bonas (why Bonas? It's written Bona) was born in Africa and came to Turkey only when he was 14? And at 15 played for Turkey youth NT? He got citizenship just in one year? And you don't know how old he is in such cases, he may easy be older than other kids that would make this simlpy not fair. That's why i don't like African kids in these competitions.

Comment

Latvia and Estonia have big russian minoraties. We have only 5% . In fact our biggest minority is Poles.
                              Silver medal at 2016 olympics prediction game

Comment

So Bonas (why Bonas? It's written Bona) was born in Africa and came to Turkey only when he was 14? And at 15 played for Turkey youth NT? He got citizenship just in one year? And you don't know how old he is in such cases, he may easy be older than other kids that would make this simlpy not fair. That's why i don't like African kids in these competitions.
                                As far as I understand, we don't have a real proof about his age.
                                https://www.interbasket.net/forums/showthread.php?59008-Adem-Bona-thread

right. Duran was a bit taller and much wider, making him a giant between kids. Turk, whom I watched only the second time, is smaller and has a better shot and fundamentals. He needs to grow 5-6cm though, otherwise he'll not be very effective in senior level.

Lithuania played smart for most of the game, except the OT, where somehow Batin, who was atrocious until then, took over. I thought Kneizys was great, and Butkus very good in the first half.
                                Last edited by Levenspiel; 08-10-2019, 07:19 PM.
                                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information