Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 U16 European Championship - Udine (Aug 9-17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    Our roster for the U16 team...

I am not happy with Berkay Yilmaz. I would have preferred Murat Meric Kuntker although he is a daring ball hog. Also not happy with Bülent Celik. He is long and has fast legs and can shoot but he is too soft and doesnt like contact. I hate soft center. I dont want to see them.

Rest is ok.
    Can you please give some more info with their positions and heights? Below U18, it is a bit unknown to me as I am living outside Turkey.
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Tola officially out of tournament. Not on final Greek roster.

Comment

Originally posted by christodoulou76 View Post
        Tola officially out of tournament. Not on final Greek roster.

http://basket.gr/eidhseis/10596-paid...si-gia-oyntine
        Looks bit short if you ask me...

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
          Can you please give some more info with their positions and heights? Below U18, it is a bit unknown to me as I am living outside Turkey.
          FIBA will publish everything tomorrow. I will share then the link if you want.

Comment

Looks bit short if you ask me...
            Only one good player. Don't expect much from this team.

Comment

OK, dear youth bb friends.

The U16 Tournament is gonna start next friday. Unfortunately my knowledge about the non turkish player is very restricted. I just had the opportunity watch some of them in the TBF internatational U16 Tournament in January. I will call some names that i will definitely watch curiously.

France: has the tallest Roster ever but as any France team the player are not very well prepared so far. Very weak fundamentals from what i saw. I dont expect much of this team but due to their early developed bodies they should reach quarter finals at least.

Serbia: Since Vukcevic is not part of the team my eyes will lay on the Bosnian Serb Radovanovic. Very complete Scorer for his age, Nice frame and nice height. Serbia has a strong generation and should reach semi finals.

LTU was very good in the mentioned Tournament. The Bigs Kojenets and Baltrusaitis showed some shooting mechanics but the most impressive guy was Emils Butkus who did really everything on the court. My first impression was Doncic like big Guard/Forward but. I am curious how he developed since January.

Greece: a greek wrote here in the past that Tola wont be available for U16 since he hasnt got his greek passport yet. I dont know if its true but the stats say that there is one guy who does everything on the court Elefteros Mantzoukas. Hasnt watch a single game but my greek friends from Germany who I trust say he is very good. Dont expect much of them since they problably will be without a decent big again.

Turkey: The team is in the paint strong with Bona and hopefully one year younger Mestoglu who is a bit undersized but unlike almost all our Center he is a great free throw shooter and shooter in general. His versatility is huge for his age. He doesnt like to play any post moves but he uses his body very well. His smartness is supported by his passing skills which is good for a big. Ball handling is also very good. I must say Bandirma knows how to raise bigs. His problem right now is... he is undersized.

Batin Tuna is another very complete guy and is probably the best defending wing in the tournament. Had many triple double in the tournaments in Turkey with Tofas an elite rebounder for his position and a decent passer and finisher at the rim. Very hungry and smart. Shooting is very inconsistent but he never hesitates.

Koralp Türk might also look good but with 200 cm as power forward he has no future and he is too slow for the sf position.

I hope that Efe Tahmaz the sg of Partizan will participate. Never saw him playing.

In the Guard position team turkey is a bit weak. Eray Büyükcangaz a 200 cm pg with a tremendous wingspan and good ballhandle and decent court vision might play despite being one year younger. Murat Meric Kuntker a ballhog with elite ball handling skills and score first pg or it will be the Fener guy Berkay Yilmaz who i dont like very much.

Ball sharing might be a problem but team turkey should reach semi.

Other notable names: Fedor Zugic (Montenegro), Matteo Spagnolo (Italy)
              What about Urban Klavzar of Real??

Comment

Originally posted by the_black_planet View Post
                What about Urban Klavzar of Real??
                Heard of him but never saw him playing.

Comment

I am not happy with Berkay Yilmaz. I would have preferred Murat Meric Kuntker although he is a daring ball hog.
                  Berkay Yilmaz will be one of the leaders of the team. Berkay had schooled Meric Kuntker everytime. In the last turkish U16 championship Berkay was the best PG and probably best performer after Batin Tuna in whole tournament. Meric Kuntker had played for his bad team and even in this team his performance was just decent. It´s not very important if Meric Kuntker(because he isn´t big prospect) is 17 or 16 but for me it´s pretty clear that he is 17 because his father is too much involved in his career, he is born in January etc. and look......https://forum.petarkadas.com/kopekle...peklere-alerji in July 2011 his father had written that his son is 9 years old.......and that is the evidence.....

https://www.instagram.com/efeyurtlu/?hl=de this player was probably born in 99 and not in 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
                    The official website of FIBA, the International Basketball Federation, and the governing body of Basketball. FIBA organises the most famous and prestigious international basketball competitions including the FIBA Basketball World Cup, the FIBA World Championship for Women and the FIBA 3x3 World Tour. The website features live and on demand videos, basketball news, over 70,00 players profile and thousands of teams profiles, schedules and statistics of all FIBA Events as well as results and statistics from over 80 national basketball leagues.

Comment

I don't have high hopes for this Croatian generation. Best player is Brala. But overall he has limited potential. Best prospect is Tomislav Ivšić. He is bit of Porzingis/Moteijunas mix. We will have to wait is he new Bender or new Porzingis. But talent is there

Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

UDINE (Italy) - The future of European basketball will be on display in Udine with the FIBA U16 European Championship 2019. Here are five high level talents to follow in Italy.

Comment

OK Turkey is too much for Slovenia. Tuna, Türk, Bona and Mestoglu are too much for Slovenia. The only disappointing thing is the sloppiness of the Turks

Comment

Still one thing about bona. He really tries to take shots and thats good but make it not too difficult by taking it off the dribble kid. Let create for you.
                            Last edited by Toruko; 08-09-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Still one thing about bona. He really tries to take shots and thats good but make it not too difficult by take it off the dribble kid. Let create for you.
                              and he makes 3s now? wow
                              5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                                and he makes 3s now? wow
                                Yeah but he has taken just 3 pointer just in prep games so far. Mechanics doesnt look half bad but off the dribble is definitely too much now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information